Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Kinda feel like the season is about to spiral. The countdown is on for changes to be made and that usually results in ugly games. 

These next 2 weeks are huge.  If they win the next 2 to get to 4-3, with a shot at the Eagles at home next, the rest of the season has the chance to be interesting.

If we split these two, they're 3-4 staring at 3-5 in the face with a shot at the Eagles at home to pull to .500.  

That's NOT where you want to be.  You don't want to have to beat the Eagles to get to .500.  

They need both of these.

Lose today, and I think they are code red next week, and the NYG and New England games are must wins.  But it also means they have to get 2 wins against teams with significant winning records at some point in the season to get to 9 or 10 wins.  

That said, if they lose today, they probably CAN'T win 8-9 games.

I reduced my expected win total to 7 after last Thursday night.  Lose today, it goes to 6.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I hate it when reporters tweet things like this.  Is it a guess?  It is based on what somebody told him?  Is it what he's kindof picked up? 

The fuzziness in journalism drives me crazy.  

And I like JP.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I hope everyone (not just us "here") know what Leno is going through before they say something about him not being on the field today.

I don't think there's any risk, except for the extremely ignorant, of anybody giving Leno a hard time.  

There are going to be some idiots on twitter, but there are always some idiots on twitter.  

Almost everybody else will behave themselves.  It's kindof the one thing society hasn't entirely lost: the loss of a child is soul crushing.  Just about everybody understands that.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think there's any risk, except for the extremely ignorant, of anybody giving Leno a hard time.  

There are going to be some idiots on twitter, but there are always some idiots on twitter.  

Almost everybody else will behave themselves.  It's kindof the one thing society hasn't entirely lost: the loss of a child is soul crushing.  Just about everybody understands that.  

Puts the game and our angst around this team and season into perspective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Atlanta is good as for limiting teams for yards.  But only 5 sacks so far.  However, every team has their peak sack game against Washington

If we can get out to a lead it will help a LOT on the sack numbers. Being behind and throwing it 40+ times behind an iffy O’Line with a young QB is going to lead to sacks.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Was, and it was exactly 10.  I've revised to 7. 

I was wrong; I didn't anticipate a complete defensive collapse.  

Derfensive collapses are what this team does, therefore I predicted 7 wins before the season started. 8 was the high point to me. 

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Putting together a desk with my son while watching this.

May god have mercy on all of our souls and allow us to win so I don't ****ing break something and teach my kid new words.

HTTR HTTC

I feel sorry for the desk and the therapy bills your son will need played after today.  :ols:

• Haha 2