Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I got kicked off, I'd give his start a solid B.  The only reason it's not an A is because he just sat back there having high-tea on the sack.  

But he's fine. That's one bad play. 

I think this is reasonable. He did mess that play up. But he also carried the team down the field as well. Every quarterback in the history of football will make mistakes. Howell is no different and has overall played well on the first drive. 

As an aside: Atlanta is overthinking their gameplan.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That sack was on Sam, he had ok protection, he can't just stand there, he's got to do something.  

Also, love the completion to get into closer FG range.  That was a good, positive play.

So far, run game, 3 carries, 3 yards.  We CANNOT run the ball early.  For whatever reason. This is now a 6 game trend.  

Two of those attempts were on 2nd and 10+. The least efficient play in football after an incomplete pass. That’s a huge part of it. Gibson not having eyes is another part. 

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

We need more than that, our defense is trash. I'm not down on the kid, that was just a really bad sack.

Okay but the defense being **** isn’t his fault. You’re right that he messed up. But he also carried the team down the field.

We need to adjust expectations and understand we are asking Howell to take the entire team on his back and carry us to wins as a second year player and only on his 7th start. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1