Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Atlanta Week Six Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

Another game that is going to come down to whether the defense is ready to transform into something different.  

I am good with what Howell has shown so far, but the formula for winning games this season is not Howell having to drop back and pass 35+ times.  Having Howell pass like that, when the team is continually down by two or more possessions, and expecting him to not make mistakes when he has barely over 5 total starts is just straight madness.

If the Defense holds Atlanta under 24, it's a win, if not, it's a toss up depending on whether the game is back & forth or the offense is fighting their way out of a hole the entire second half.

Our Defense will not stop Bijon Robinson he has the potential to have a record setting game, so reality is Ridder doesn’t have to be very good. The script is out on how to beat us and Del Rio isn’t smart enough or has too much ego to change, this will be the story until him and the Retread Ron are gone. I sadly feel that EB unless he is made the head coach will be a casualty as well. 

Commies: 21

Falcons: 28 

I'm going to go with the ol ticker and say the team was still tired from the OT loss to the Beagles. 

Skins 28

Falcons 10

EB runs the ball more in the first half and keeps the D fresh. 

Forbes parental timeout comes to an end and he gets his first pick six.

Yes, I'm insane and I love it that way.....

• Like 1

I bet Heinicke's brain is being picked like nothing before right now by their OC/HC, getting all the scoop regarding offensive looks.

Thre Falconcrests pulled a last minute drive against a not-so-bad Texans defense, and that doesn't sit too well with me.

It will boil down to the Wash LBers making big plays, but I just don't see it. They'll whiff on plays and have that " I cannot believe its not butter " look on their faces.

Falconcrests      33

Commandercrumbs      16

* And please burn those god-awful black unis, especially when the Falcons' are black, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Ron trot them out. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I bet Heinicke's brain is being picked like nothing before right now by their OC/HC, getting all the scoop regarding offensive looks.

Heinicke isn't going to tell them anything more than they already know. Last check, we do have a new offensive coordinator. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Thanks 1

Before Atlanta played yesterday, I was leaning towards the Skins winning a close one.  They still could.  Atlanta is up and down like us.  They can be had.  But so can we.

This is almost a pick 'em....but Atlanta is 3-0 at home.  

I don't think we'll look as bad as the Chicago game but I don't think we'll break Atlanta's home streak.

Atlanta 31

Skins   20

Luckily for Ron and JDR Atlanta is afraid to feature their best players on offense.  They'll find a way to run Allgeier 20 times and ignore Pitts, for starters.  Keep Bijan under 10 touches.  But Ridder just had maybe his best game so maybe their coach will try to pass more. Regardless JDR will be in his vanilla rush 4 deep match zone and it will be real inviting to copy cat what the Bears did. Hope to get the ball first and go deep on double moves. Arthur Smith may be more stubborn than JDR so he may ignore how easily the Bears ran AND passed deep on JDRs base D. We'll see.

I boldly predict our shiny new street DB Joshua Kalu will see more snaps this week than our shiny new 2nd rounder Quan Martin.

Atlanta plays aggressive on D and are a tough out. Ridder has not lost at home. Since high school. Sorry no Heiny for you. 200 rush yards against later... 2-4 incoming en route to my prediction 2-6.

Edited by RandyHolt