Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Atlanta Week Six Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

• Spearfeather changed the title to Washington vs. Atlanta Week Six Prediction Thread

People swing like a pendulum in here...

Washington isn't as bad as last night, nor are they as good as last Sunday. The Falcons aren't very good and, unlike the Bears, aren't dangerously trending upward either. The Bears not only were capable of games like last night, but were actually predicted by many to have a breakout season. For many people who didn't chug the Burgundy and Black koolaid this summer, a game like last night isn't complete shocking. 

Atlanta, on the other hand, just won't be able to pull away like that. They'll put up some rushing yards (maybe). But the difference is that I can't see them topping out at more than 23-27 points. Howell can get to that total in a half, as we've seen. Ridder is bad. That's something that Fields, Hurts, Allen, Wilson, and (we've come to see) Dobbs aren't. They are all somewhere between decent to exceptional. 

Atlanta will get theirs, but the Skins will be fine. 

Washington 31

Atlanta 20

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zCommander said:

@Spearfeather I didn't know you had already started this thread and it's cool but the word The Prediction Thread needs to come first so it easy to spot, hence why I missed it. Just a thought 🙂

Also it's @ and not vs. Since we are in Atlanta. 😁

Uh ... No.

Since we are Washington, I put Washington first, which is why I use " vs. " as opposed to " @ " regardless of whether we are home or away.

So far, it doesn't appear anyone has had any trouble interpreting my thread titles, so if I post them,  I'll continue to post them that way.

Also, hard to believe you didn't see that thread title since it been on the first page ( and in the first 10 thread titles, at that ), for the past 19 hours.  

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1

It'll probably be washington 42 Atlanta 13 because why not.

The friggin roller coaster of unpredictability with this team is as nauseating as it is consistent. 

No matter what happens I've lost all confidence in this regime after that first half and it'll never return.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

People swing like a pendulum in here...

Washington isn't as bad as last night, nor are they as good as last Sunday.

That is the essence of the NFL.  The parity is such that its a week to week league.  Which team plays with more emotion and energy and the lucky breaks can swings games.  I think a honest objective interpretation is we were a mediocre team to start the year and we are a mediocre team right now.   That terrible loss against the Bears doesn't change that even if it was a very difficult game for fans to watch.