Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Atlanta Week Six Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Numb nuts, conspiracy theories, too emotional, irrational. You sure love to throw insults at people who don't love our offense.

You said EB was a terrible hire before he was even hired.  

All the evidence since then has been you were wrong and he’s doing at least a good job developing a young QB, and the offense, save for one game, has been good.  

You invent things like garbage time, when 2 games were wins and one was a loss on OT.  If the other 2, one was a blowout loss, sure half the game was garbage time but they also didn’t amass any stats.  And the last game was about it be a 7 point deficit absent a missed FG. I’ll give you one garbage time drive in that game where there stats amassed in a game which was over.  That’s it.  

You push a “doesn’t know how to target WR” narrative which is frankly ridiculous, when the targeting of TEs is mostly in line with other teams.  

And then there’s the “run the ball” argument, which, if there was anything which held some water, that would be it.  However, it should also be acknowledged when they try to run early in games they can’t.  You live to say how awful the OL is, but then you also say EB is at fault for not being able to get the run game going.  And the myth is the OL is actually better at run blocking than pass blocking.  It isn’t.  They can run in second halves when the pass game has been established and their best runs are power-draw runs. Not “fire off the ball and move a guy” runs.  

So yeah.  Given you started griping in March and haven’t stopped even in the face of every bit of statistical and film evidence saying you’re at the very least exaggerating how bad EB is and at worst you’re just flat wrong, yeah, it comes off as emotional and irrational and conspiracy theory based.  Hell, you have even said the only reason Ron hired EB was to do a favor for Reid.  That reads like “I knew he was an incompetent ass hat before we hired him. He knows nothing, did nothing and everything in KC was Andy Reid.”  

Your take does not come off as rational or reasonable.  It comes off as agenda driven from prior to the hire. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Everyday I come to ES and my link brings me to the home page. I have to scroll past that 40-20 screenshot to get to The Stadium. Then I come here and see all these predictions of 23-17, 24-20, ect.. Man, Chicago dropped 40 on us..  FOURTY!!! Ya'll are some optimistic some****es.. :chair: lol 

To make your feel better, it was 30-20 with a chance to be 30-23 before things got out of hand. 

Team has had a week plus of getting dumped on for getting the stuffing kick outta them by the Bears and watching an opposing team simply want it more. 

At the very least these guys should come flying outta the gates ready to hit something. We could harness the energy to our advantage, and its good that we are facing a more run centrist team that would be less able to take advantage of our rabidness.

28 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Not really. We use Curl and Davis on the TE. 

Pitts had 11 targets last week vs Houston with 7 catches, Atlanta must be trying to get him more involved. They have to be salivating seeing our pass defense come to town. I can't see Davis slowing him down....hopefully Curl can. 

Atlanta 24-16 yep 2-6 is still incoming. Howell standing on his head holding the team together is not enough.  Atlanta rushes for 200+ both backs get 100 and Pitts has a career day when Forbes is assigned shadow doodie. Quan with a pick but its not enough after JDR runs the exact same scheme as last week.

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Team has had a week plus of getting dumped on for getting the stuffing kick outta them by the Bears and watching an opposing team simply want it more. 

At the very least these guys should come flying outta the gates ready to hit something. We could harness the energy to our advantage, and its good that we are facing a more run centrist team that would be less able to take advantage of our rabidness.

It would be nice but Del Taco is using the harness as a hat rack... 😛

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You said EB was a terrible hire before he was even hired.  

All the evidence since then has been you were wrong and he’s doing at least a good job developing a young QB, and the offense, save for one game, has been good.  

You invent things like garbage time, when 2 games were wins and one was a loss on OT.  If the other 2, one was a blowout loss, sure half the game was garbage time but they also didn’t amass any stats.  And the last game was about it be a 7 point deficit absent a missed FG. I’ll give you one garbage time drive in that game where there stats amassed in a game which was over.  That’s it.  

You push a “doesn’t know how to target WR” narrative which is frankly ridiculous, when the targeting of TEs is mostly in line with other teams.  

And then there’s the “run the ball” argument, which, if there was anything which held some water, that would be it.  However, it should also be acknowledged when they try to run early in games they can’t.  You live to say how awful the OL is, but then you also say EB is at fault for not being able to get the run game going.  And the myth is the OL is actually better at run blocking than pass blocking.  It isn’t.  They can run in second halves when the pass game has been established and their best runs are power-draw runs. Not “fire off the ball and move a guy” runs.  

So yeah.  Given you started griping in March and haven’t stopped even in the face of every bit of statistical and film evidence saying you’re at the very least exaggerating how bad EB is and at worst you’re just flat wrong, yeah, it comes off as emotional and irrational and conspiracy theory based.  Hell, you have even said the only reason Ron hired EB was to do a favor for Reid.  That reads like “I knew he was an incompetent ass hat before we hired him. He knows nothing, did nothing and everything in KC was Andy Reid.”  

Your take does not come off as rational or reasonable.  It comes off as agenda driven from prior to the hire. 

I thought Gates, Whylie and Barton were terrible signing, so them being new, in a new scheme makes them great and me wrong? No. I thought they were bad and they are. Just like EB.

We disagree about EB and we disagree about how the offense has been going. I haven't really understood many of your takes for the last six month honestly. Even wonder if there was a health concern on your side.

That's fine we disagree. Like I said before, it's exactly like talking to a hiver when they mention his holiness. 

I have nothing personal against EB at all. I just thought he was a terrible hire and everything that I've seen has confirmed that. 

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I see you making this prediction each game Dan.

But I can guarantee you, there's absolutely 0 chances that we score 37 safeties is a game.

Yeah that’s ridiculous.

I figure 2 safeties and 10 TDs. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I thought Gates, Whylie and Barton were terrible signing, so them being new, in a new scheme makes them great and me wrong? No. I thought they were bad and they are. Just like EB.

We disagree about EB and we disagree about how the offense has been going. I haven't really understood many of your takes for the last six month honestly. Even wonder if there was a health concern on your side.

That's fine we disagree. Like I said before, it's exactly like talking to a hiver when they mention his holiness. 

I have nothing personal against EB at all. I just thought he was a terrible hire and everything that I've seen has confirmed that. 

“Confirmed it “

confirmed what lol? 
It isn’t even week 7 yet . 

Wasn’t happy with the bears loss, but reality is falcons are beatable and haven’t gone up against a DL like ours . If our DL plays more consistent will win. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Commander202 said:

“Confirmed it “

confirmed what lol? 
It isn’t even week 7 yet . 

Wasn’t happy with the bears loss, but reality is falcons are beatable and haven’t gone up against a DL like ours . If our DL plays more consistent will win. 

A win today is absolutely crucial. The NFC wildcard picture is wide open but we can't go from 2 - 0 to 2 - 4 and realistically feel like we have a chance. Gotta stop this terrible losing streak right now. The difference in 2 - 4 and 3 - 3 is massive. 

• Like 1