Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

No, but him and Ron have decided to let the players run it the next game since it seemed to have worked out somewhat in the 2nd half of the Bears game. 

This gives fuel to my tuning out theory...players were feeling too micro-managed and it finally blew up in their face...

Owning it is better then doubling down, imo, goof for them.  Still fire them from a revolutionary era cannon, but kudos regardless.

Edited by Renegade7

31 minutes ago, oraphus said:

you're projecting your own guesses as facts.... 

1. You dont know what Wentz would have done  (on paper our O weapons were actually pretty good) and they overpaid because Ron is a terrible GM

2. You dont know what it was for Wilson, he never stated so publicly (but even if he did you cant take him at his word)

3. I dont think Wagner was ever an option here - find me where they tried to get him and he said no because of the owner

what else you got?

Rivera overpaid for Wentz to make sure they got him. I suspect Snyder had a say in the trade. Wentz would have signed somewhere else probably Pittsburgh or they would have waited for him to be released. Guys did not sign here during the Snyder era unless there was no where else to go or they were overpaid. In order for anyone to sign with Washington during the Snyder years you would have to overpay.They call that the Snyder tax

This was the second  year we were looking for a Qb. We missed on Stafford the year before he said no to us. No one wanted to come here because of ownership. 

Wilson picked Denver over us. Its rumered we had a better offer on the table to Seattle then Denver. Bottom line he did not pick us I am sure we would have given him more money then Denver.

The Bobby Wagner problem was that he had 10 other teams that wanted him. He did not even want to look here. We had the cap room he wanted nothing to do with us.

The team was run so poorly because of Snyder. Other than Curtis Samuel who signed here because of Rivera who signed here during the Snyder era in last 4 years. That was not an overpay?

Edited by Redskins 2021

24 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Rivera overpaid for Wentz to make sure they got him. I suspect Snyder had a say in the trade. Wentz would have signed somewhere else probably Pittsburgh or they would have waited for him to be released. Guys did not sign here during the Snyder era unless there was no where else to go or they were overpaid. In order for anyone to sign with Washington during the Snyder years you would have to overpay.They call that the Snyder tax

This was the second  year we were looking for a Qb. We missed on Stafford the year before he said no to us. No one wanted to come here because of ownership. 

Wilson picked Denver over us. Its rumered we had a better offer on the table to Seattle then Denver. Bottom line he did not pick us I am sure we would have given him more money then Denver.

The Bobby Wagner problem was that he had 10 other teams that wanted him. He did not even want to look here. We had the cap room he wanted nothing to do with us.

The team was run so poorly because of Snyder. Other than Curtis Samuel who signed here because of Rivera who signed here during the Snyder era in last 4 years. That was not an overpay?

It’s obvious logic and common sense are not part of your vocabulary. You keep saying the same dumb ****. Let’s just agree to disagree. 

49 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Has Del Rio been fired yet? 

I would go one step farther and rule that any future football activity he's allowed to engage in would be restricted to making posts in our Madden/Fantasy forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I would go one step farther and rule that any future football activity he's allowed to engage in would be restricted to making posts in our Madden/Fantasy forum. 

Wow wow. Let him in - he’s got money and, if we play Madden for money, an easy mark. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

One of those reasons being he had to way overly empower a guy like Rivera just to lure him here.  And at that time, it was actually seen as a win, all things considered.

I doubt that he had to do that at all. It's just how Doofus Dan does things. He overpays for everything. Nobody was hiring Ron Rivera to coach an NFL team. He had just finished in Carolina by getting beat by a 2-9 Interim HC coached Redskins team and fired the next day. Nobody was hiring that dude for anything besides possibly LB coach because even his defense was garbage that last few years. They were 31st in the league his last year. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

I doubt that he had to do that at all. It's just how Doofus Dan does things. He overpays for everything. Nobody was hiring Ron Rivera to coach an NFL team. He had just finished in Carolina by getting beat by a 2-9 Interim HC coached Redskins team and fired the next day. Nobody was hiring that dude for anything besides possibly LB coach because even his defense was garbage that last few years. They were 31st in the league his last year. 

I meant more from the angle of respectability and in order to get someone with any touch of class or experience, he had to go all out and sell the job.  And yeah, he likely gave up more than he had to because that’s just how he does business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

He's just an observer. Dude doesn't do a damned thing. 

Rivera doesn't even look like he gives a ****. Just stands there stoic-like, watching his team get dismantled and abused, with zero emotion either way. No fire, no passion, no anger, barely talking to anyone, etc.

Worthless meat sack.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This franchise and the Wiz have been mirror images of each other. Difference being Ted isn’t a white collar criminal like Dan. 

They try just enough to keep themselves competitive. But no real threat of doing anything in either direction. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

He's just an observer. Dude doesn't do a damned thing. 

Exactly..like I said..he doesn't even TRY to motivate from the sideline. He just has that blank stare that tells me nobody is home. Anybody EVER see him get angry..get in somebody's grill..JDR too..

I gotta tell you..I guarded my expectations the last 20 years...I honestly felt good about this team. THIS is the worst feeling going from a HIGH the 1st 3 games to seeing the total t*rd they put on the home field. Is it the coaches or the players...how could they be THAT Flat????

We need a Buddy Ryan clone...

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger

After reading the title, I expected a tribute to the great Bea Arthur.  The lack of said tribute only adds to the disappointment.

I'm also in the minority here, bc while I was not happy watching that horror show last night, and that was arguably the worst half of football I've seen, that does nothing to change our charted course: new owner in 23 (check), new front office / coaching staff in 24 (inevitable, in due time).  While it's hard to watch Forbes stink up the joint, to write him off is ludicrous, especially with the obvious ineptitude of JDR this season.  

If they put up a stinker like this in 2 or 3 years with a new FO / staff, then I'd be bothered.  This is small potatoes.  Ownership is now convinced we need a change, and we are looking at a better draft pick than many anticipated.  And we won't be making a title run in a year many thought we'd be lucky to get to 500.  

Believe me, I wish the new era had us playing competitively here and now, but considering we are only a few months away from a clean house and seeing the wholesale changes that we have been clamoring for for 25 years, I'm not losing any sleep over the bears game / Rivera / JDR etc.  

images (1).jpeg

Edited by KillBill26
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Here’s where I lost all faith in the competence of this coaching staff.   Five and a half minutes left in the game, Commanders on offense needing two scores,  Obviously, time is critical.  Clock is running but then stopped for an injured Bear. The clock will wind once the injured player is taken off the field.  It’s about a minute break as training staff attend to him.  Plenty of time for the offense to get a play called.  

But…

The player is helped off, ref signals to wind the clock… and the OFFENSE HUDDLES UP.  WITH THE CLOCK RUNNING.

What the ****?!?!? I blew a ****ing gasket.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Here’s where I lost all faith in the competence of this coaching staff.   Five and a half minutes left in the game, Commanders on offense needing two scores,  Obviously, time is critical.  Clock is running but then stopped for an injured Bear. The clock will wind once the injured player is taken off the field.  It’s about a minute break as training staff attend to him.  Plenty of time for the offense to get a play called.  

But…

The player is helped off, ref signals to wind the clock… and the OFFENSE HUDDLES UP.  WITH THE CLOCK RUNNING.

What the ****?!?!? I blew a ****ing gasket.

I commented in another thread on something similar, but maybe different. Shortly after when Slye missed the FG, we are still down the two scores, and thus need the ball back ASAP. Bears ran a play and one of their guys went down injured. But no timeout was taken by us, and of course the clock winds after he gets off the field. We only decide to call timeout after second down, but that wasted 40 seconds we potentially could've used. Of course, DJ Moore made it moot on the next play.

Reminded me of the 2001 game against the Cowboys at FedEx. Like last night, visitors got out to a big lead, but we cut it to 13 with 5 mins left. We kick off, they run a play, and the clock winds. Only McCarthy and Dak's ineptitude to throw a pass on second down, when we had no inclination to stop the clock, saved us, as it resulted in a pick six for us that made the game more of a nail biter than it should've been.

Ron is a train wreck when it comes to clock management.