Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

32 minutes ago, Passizle said:

Late to thread... still scratching my head how this team can take a Super Bowl team into OT ad and lose against the Bears. Conspiracy theory in me says the the Butkis death played a role. Weird ref calls, kinda confirm tat. The NFL needed the Bears to win last night.

Legit question, did you watch the game?

Because I honestly don't know how you could watch the effort put forth and come away with anything other than complete embarrassment and shame for how they performed and zero questions as to why they lost.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, oraphus said:

such an asinine statement... what exactly did he do for this org? How are we back on track?

Culture of loosing - still here

mostly wasted draft pics the last 4 years - check

never had a winning record here - yup

dismantled an above avg Oline and made it horrendous - oh yeah

Defense still sucks - pretty much

He cant even tank properly so we have a shot at a good QB.

Lets build him a statue at fedex... 

No one said to build him a statue.He has been about a 500 coach. That was the best we were going to do with Snyder. With everything that has been going on with this organization during the Snyder years that is not bad. Now that ownership has changed its time for him to go at the end of the year.

It sounds like at the end of year Harris will bring in his own people which is good. Whem Harris bought the team it was to late in the offseason to make major changes.

The changes are coming at the end of the year. If he going to retire at the end of the year anyway they might as well let him finish the season.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 2

I was quite surprised by Eric Bienemy’s play calling last night. I thought maybe we had turned a corner in terms of balance to the offense based upon the play selection against the Eagles.  But, no, we ran it 6 times total in the entire game, right?  Everything else was a pass.  The offense is kinda schizo from game to game.

Also, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a game in which four flags were picked up. And they all happened to go against us.  Not saying it’s the reason we lost, just something I noticed.

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

No one said to build him a statue. He has been about a 500 coach. With everything that has been going on with this organization during the Snyder years  that is not bad. 

It sounds like at the end of year Harris will bring in his own people which is good. Whem Harris bought the team it was to late in the offseason to make major changes.

The changes are coming at the end of the year. If he going to retire at the end of the year anyway they might as well let him finish the season.

Agree, he did bring a level of respectability and the perception to media and the rest of the league, that at least there was one adult in the room.  I would like to drink a beer or two with Jay Gruden but the perception of the team on his watch was worse.  At least there seemed like there was/is a plan and some direction, a lot of plans and direction don't work out.  This seems to be the case but it's not the absolute farce it was a few years ago, at least in my untrained eyes.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Agree, he did bring a level of respectability and the perception to media and the rest of the league, that at least there was one adult in the room.  I would like to drink a beer or two with Jay Gruden but the perception of the team on his watch was worse.  At least there seemed like there was/is a plan and some direction, a lot of plans and direction don't work out.  This seems to be the case but it's not the absolute farce it was a few years ago, at least in my untrained eyes.

100 precent agree what this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

You're giving him too much credit for this so called perception change.. that's just an excuse you're telling yourselves.

Truth is.. this team is still viewed as a joke by most of the league.

-Most teams don't fear playing Wash

-Great players still don't want to come here 

..and results speak for themselves.  This imaginary culture change is complete BS propagated by subpar coaches as an excuse for their on field performance. 

If Gruden could have consistently won here, i guarantee we would have one of the best "cultures" in the nfl. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

It’s that simple until another GM is doing the same thing and you don’t have the best offer.

It’s not as easy as everyone here thinks it is.

I would be surprised if any GM gets the go ahead from ownership to just throw it all away and start over. I feel like that’s something owners are just not into. We know this one is though I guess is my point. Different sport but he was totally willing and probably feels like it worked for him. 

My point isn’t that it’s easy though. My point is that I am afraid Harris is willing to do it. 

12 minutes ago, oraphus said:

You're giving him too much credit for this so called perception change.. that's just an excuse you're telling yourselves.

Truth is.. this team is still viewed as a joke by most of the league.

-Most teams don't fear playing Wash

-Great players still don't want to come here 

..and results speak for themselves.  This imaginary culture change is complete BS propagated by subpar coaches as an excuse for their on field performance. 

If Gruden could have consistently won here, i guarantee we would have one of the best "cultures" in the nfl. 

There needed to be a changes in ownership for these things to happen. Now that Snyder is gone things will improve to get players to come here. The best we could hope for with Snyder ownership was treading water which Rivera did. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

they replayed Ron's presser from today on Bram's show interrupted. It sounded worse the 2nd time through. He cites things like technique but without identifying anything beyond those vague terms. Then he says they will clean it up. Nobody follows up to ask "Why isn't it cleaned up now in year 4 for this defense?" 

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

There needed to be a changes in ownership for these things to happen. Now that Snyder is gone things will improve to get players to come here. The best we could hope for with Snyder ownership was treading water which Rivera did. 

yes and no

Was Snyder a terrible owner - yes. But most of the decisions that got us here are Ron decisions. Did Snyder make his life more difficult, absolutely.. but I refuse to believe that a better coach could not have gotten much better results even under Snyder. 

4 minutes ago, oraphus said:

yes and no

Was Snyder a terrible owner - yes. But most of the decisions that got us here are Ron decisions. Did Snyder make his life more difficult, absolutely.. but I refuse to believe that a better coach could not have gotten much better results even under Snyder. 

Do you think any players who had a choice were coming here to play for Snyder as owner or were we just going to get the Carson Wentz of the world?

He could have done better with the football things but with Snyder most of that was impossible. I think at the end of the year it is time for Rivera to go, but I do think he did get this time back to respectability.

Edited by Redskins 2021

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Did we cheat and STILL get blown out? If so, kudos. That level of ineptitude is impressive!

(For the record, no, I don't think we cheated.)

Well.... if we knew the play calls, and still played that bad, that's almost impressive!

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Do you think any players who had a choice were coming here to play for Snyder as owner or were we just going to get the Carson Wentz of the world? I

i think most players dont care who the owner is.. all they care about is:

1. money

2. winning

3 minutes ago, oraphus said:

i think most players dont care who the owner is.. all they care about is:

1. money

2. winning

Money is big of course but look how hard it was to get a qb last year. We offered everything and the best we could do was Carson Wentz. How many players said no?

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Anyone see Wade Phillips notice our OL tipping plays last night?

I will say though, I feel like I see that a lot with tackles.  If you just focus on certain tackles during a game, you can eventually figure out the tell.  The ones that need that extra step.

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Money is big of course but look how hard it was to get a qb last year. We offered everything and the best we could do was Carson Wentz. How many players said no?

you're reaching here.... 

1. Wentz was a trade... so he had no choice 

2. Top QBs want to come to a team ready to win and compete for the superbowl now... so they will always choose the better team. If we had a much better roster, i think Wilson would have chosen Wash over Den (i don't believe that owner of the team matters)  If anything Snyder was too accommodating to superstar QBs, so if anything - playing for him would be a plus. 

50 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I was quite surprised by Eric Bienemy’s play calling last night. I thought maybe we had turned a corner in terms of balance to the offense based upon the play selection against the Eagles.  But, no, we ran it 6 times total in the entire game, right?  Everything else was a pass.  The offense is kinda schizo from game to game.

Also, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a game in which four flags were picked up. And they all happened to go against us.  Not saying it’s the reason we lost, just something I noticed.

To be fair to him when you are down by 20 early 2nd quarter it’s going to impact your balance. But to not run at all in the 2nd half was ‘interesting’. I would have liked to see more screens as well. 

EB has to protect Sam more with his play calls. 

15 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Did we cheat and STILL get blown out? If so, kudos. That level of ineptitude is impressive!

(For the record, no, I don't think we cheated.)

Hmm, the camera is pointed to the right of the coach, and the fact that his back is basically blocking his shot. Its pretty laughable to think we're cheating.. Everyone is on their phone, and this dude is gonna put himself in that position with a Commanders Phone case on?? We're gonna go conspiracy route here?

10 minutes ago, oraphus said:

you're reaching here.... 

1. Wentz was a trade... so he had no choice 

2. Top QBs want to come to a team ready to win and compete for the superbowl now... so they will always choose the better team. If we had a much better roster, i think Wilson would have chosen Wash over Den (i don't believe that owner of the team matters)  If anything Snyder was too accommodating to superstar QBs, so if anything - playing for him would be a plus. 

Not reaching at all. Wentz came because he had no choice .  If we did not trade for him he would not have signed here. He would have played for Pittsburgh after colts released him and we would have had to sign Mitch Trubisky. That why we overpaid for Wentz.

It was the ownership with Wilson. We tried to get Bobby Wagner he said no as well. The owner was the key to all this. No one was coming here unless they had no choice when Snyder owned the team. That will change now.

Edited by Redskins 2021

24 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Good thing they said no!

They all sucked. 

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Not reaching at all. Wentz came because he had no choice .  If we did not trade for him he would not have signed here. He would have played for Pittsburgh after colts released him and we would have had to sign Mitch Trubisky. That why we overpaid for Wentz.

It was the ownership with Wilson. We tried to get Bobby Wagner he said no as well. The owner was the key to all this. No one was coming here unless they had no choice when Snyder owned the team. That will change now.

you're projecting your own guesses as facts.... 

1. You dont know what Wentz would have done  (on paper our O weapons were actually pretty good) and they overpaid because Ron is a terrible GM

2. You dont know what it was for Wilson, he never stated so publicly (but even if he did you cant take him at his word)

3. I dont think Wagner was ever an option here - find me where they tried to get him and he said no because of the owner

what else you got?