Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

30 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

It’s like it doesn’t matter who the coach’s are 

who the players are it’s the same old thing 

Honestly, we have not moved past the Snyder stink yet.  He hired Ron and gave him unbelievable power, including allowing him to be the GM. So, the mediocrity continues until they clean house and install their own GM, who will then choose the HC.  

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I have to be honest, usually by this point after a loss I'm feeling better and can start to rationalize a bit and be the optimist.  Not after this one.  I'm still very pissed off.  There is no reason whatsoever we should have come out and took a giant **** on the field like that last night.  I'm so very tired of the primetime massacre games.  Seems like that is all we can do, and against this opponent.  Inexcusable.  I really think Del Rio needs to be shown the door today.  Somebody needs to pay for embarrassing this fanbase like that again.    

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.  He said this is the most important thing he's done, as to ownership with this team.  It felt like an overstatement.  But still i don't get the vibe he's irrelevant.

He's made speeches to the employees there.  To the players who seem to gravitate towards him especially Terry.  He's been now to every home game.  He's done stuff in the DC community every week he's been there.

With the Dodgers as we posted months back, he's supposedly very involved to the extent that's more that team's public face than the owners.

So while Harris and Rales by a mile are the most important in the mix.  I do think Magic is indeed into that endeavor -- he's talked about it to death on national TV shows.

It's also the month of the first year, and it's an ownership stake in the freaking NFL. And he's following the most hated human being in sports for the past decade.

It's SHOWTIME!

If Magic is here in December when the team is 5-8, and the temperature is 38.....then I'll believe he actually has a real interest in the day to day activities.

9 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I think everyone is really overstating Magic's importance here.

He is going to parachute in for big games on national tv, do interviews, kiss babies, and be Magic. He will say weird Magic things.

Then he is going to go back to LA and not think about this team for a week or two.

He has 526 business interests and is now apparently a power lifter. I don't think the Commanders defensive scheme matters much to him.

All true. 

But it doesn’t make what he said any less true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commander PK said:

I have to be honest, usually by this point after a loss I'm feeling better and can start to rationalize a bit and be the optimist.  Not after this one.  I'm still very pissed off.  There is no reason whatsoever we should have come out and took a giant **** on the field like that last night.  I'm so very tired of the primetime massacre games.  Seems like that is all we can do, and against this opponent.  Inexcusable.  I really think Del Rio needs to be shown the door today.  Somebody needs to pay for embarrassing this fanbase like that again.    

I am undoubtedly the most pissed off that I’ve been in almost a decade.  I don’t even know why, because I deep down don’t believe in Ron.  I even expected to be mad that we won a 💩 fest, 16-10.  But to wait around all day, in hopes that it would be a statement game that would carry good vibes for the next week and a half, and immediately give up a TD in 7 plays to the trash Bears and watch their trenches on both sides of the ball take our lunch and eat it in front of us was infuriating and I’m still not over it.

4 hours ago, Leonard Washington said:

I wasn’t in the fire RR camp but this was a “statement loss”. This one cost everyone their jobs. I wonder if EB survives. 

If the offense performs, EB earns an interview to be Ron’s successor but the Gm should be interviewing multiple candidates to replace Ron. 

If EB gets the interim gig, if Ron is fired; same thing applies. His interim gig would be audition for all of the nfl, to see if he’s cut out to be a head coach. We would interview multiple guys but EB would get an interview.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commander PK said:

I’m right there with you. The Buffalo and Philly losses didn’t bother me at all. After last night, it’s time for a complete tear down. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I would add also, and I know there is a thread for this.  They keep telling us to come out to the games.  Well last night the fanbase was there in force.  Yes, there were Bears fans but it was 80/20 at best.  Everybody came out, and what did they get for their trouble?  An unprepared, unmotivated, wreck of a football team who let themselves and their fans be embarrassed again in front of a national audience.  By the end, the Bears fans were chanting to such an extent you would have thought the place was full of them, but to start it wasn't even close.  They were the only ones left.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I am undoubtedly the most pissed off that I’ve been in almost a decade.  I don’t even know why, because I deep down don’t believe in Ron.  I even expected to be mad that we won a 💩 fest, 16-10.  But to wait around all day, in hopes that it would be a statement game that would carry good vibes for the next week and a half, and immediately give up a TD in 7 plays to the trash Bears and watch their trenches on both sides of the ball take our lunch and eat it in front of us was infuriating and I’m still not over it.

That was the Bills game for me. I just don't care about this season as far as wins and loses.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

That was the Bills game for me. I just don't care about this season as far as wins and loses.

Same but I got roped back in after the Eagles game.  Was willing to let the Bills game slide.  

I can no longer let anything else slide though.  Last night was the worst loss I’ve watched in ages and it’s not even close.

• Like 3

Sam Howell leads the league in passing yards (he’s played 1 more game than anyone else apart from Fields mind you). 

He’s averaging 38 attempts a game.

But still while he’s been (IMO) as good as we could have hoped for at this stage - you should not be asking a guy with (now) 6 career starts to carry the whole team on his shoulders. 

But when your D is giving up over 30 points a game you are in shoot outs every week if you want to keep pace. Defense is the clear problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Harris is not going to nuke this coaching staff from orbit five games into his first season.

At this point, we should view boring, undramatic mediocrity as a vast improvement.

He can clean house in February like a normal person.

Kind of hoping he starts actually making initial changes in December. Hoping that even way before then that he has a good idea of the direction he will be taking this team even if it isn't public knowledge at that point.

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Kind of hoping he starts actually making initial changes in December. Hoping that even way before then that he has a good idea of the direction he will be taking this team even if it isn't public knowledge at that point.

I would be starting the GM search right now. In fact it would have already started.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Harris is not going to nuke this coaching staff from orbit five games into his first season.

At this point, we should view boring, undramatic mediocrity as a vast improvement.

He can clean house in February like a normal person.

Losing to the Bears is not mediocrity. Giving up 36 points a game for four straight games is not mediocrity. It’s bottom of the barrel football.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Honestly, we have not moved past the Snyder stink yet.  He hired Ron and gave him unbelievable power, including allowing him to be the GM. So, the mediocrity continues until they clean house and install their own GM, who will then choose the HC.  

Until Josh has his own people , this team can’t move forward.

• Like 4

Just now, MartinC said:

But still while he’s been (IMO) as good as we could have hoped for at this stage - you should not be asking a guy with (now) 6 career starts to carry the whole team on his shoulders. 

You can tell he is trying to "will" this team to score, but he's going to get hurt doing that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

I would add also, and I know there is a thread for this.  They keep telling us to come out to the games.  Well last night the fanbase was there in force.  Yes, there were Bears fans but it was 80/20 at best.  Everybody came out, and what did they get for their trouble?  An unprepared, unmotivated, wreck of a football team who let themselves and their fans be embarrassed again in front of a national audience.  By the end, the Bears fans were chanting to such an extent you would have thought the place was full of them, but to start it wasn't even close.  They were the only ones left.

Ron cried for 3 seasons about the lack of home field advantage.  He finally gets one and puts up two of the worst losses that dreaded factory of sadness has ever seen.  He should resign on GP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1