Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not sure if this is a direct Ron quote or who is saying it exactly and I can't link it because of language, but damn.

#Commanders Ron Rivera at halftime: “Chase Young started bawling in the locker room after the first half. He then stood up and said “Guys, coach is right. If we wanna win, it’s on us.” And then everyone started (langauage) laughing. There’s no heart in this trash ass team.” #NFLNFL_KickOff_Hashtags_2023_NFL.png

I mean, Rivera was smiling going into halftime. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think Magic is gonna be the canary in the coal mine on how Harris is behind the scenes.  The juxtaposition of Magic's stinkface and tweet with Harris having a blast partying in the suite was weird. If he doesn't like what he sees about the operation, he'll let us know.

I noticed that too. I'm just speculating. Although, I used to watch him ball out with the Lakers, I know nothing about Magic. I do want to say he takes his brand seriously though so it does not surprise me to see him be visibly disappointed like that.

Edited by Chump Bailey

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This spreading the ball around stuff is for the birds.  You got a stud and a first round pick, feed these people like other teams do.  Terry will never go off like Diggs, Brown, and Moore have because we don't go after matchups.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gortiz said:

this sounds very damning ... can someone explain what he means like i'm 5? 

Yes, we showed 2 high safeties. That means a "weak box". A box is the amount of players from OT to OT on the defensive side. Two high safeties often eliminates a guy in the box in a spread formation. The defense would roll from 2 high to 1 high and the roller would be filling the run gap but they often didn't get there in time or they didn't know they were supposed to roll. And everything parted and left an open running lane. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

in no way am I diminishing this, its bad.  but josh allen in his first two years as a starter was dead last, 32nd, in the league in completion percentage.  32nd both years.  that's hard to do.   I'm pretty sure after two years and 32 games people were like ... he's not fixing this.  well he did, in a big way. year 3 he finished 4th in the league.  that gives me hope that sam and EB can—fix this. 

Edited by gortiz
  • Thumb up 1

At least Sam threw some more absolute dots! Bout the only positive from last night. I really can't think of a reason not to fire JDR before the next game. What, are we gonna look bad and get embarrassed? We seem to not mind any of that already. I guess if they think RR has some management future here they won't fire him early, but again, why not. Just too many embarrassments, in year 4, to do this for 12 more games. Worst thing that happens is we actually do get a high draft pick (that we'll probably waste anyway) Best case they find some pride or something and look competent. I'm down for either case, anything but status quo for 12 more weeks. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Not that it matters but this is why the national media doesn't take us seriously every off season.  People can get really edgy about it here but until we can actually show some consistency and not lay eggs like that for the world to see, the respect isn't coming.

Wow Skip. Great call. Really bringing the hot takes today my guy. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I mean, Rivera was smiling going into halftime. 

Dude doesn’t care at all. I really thought he would be the exact opposite of the leader he has shown himself to be. I don’t understand why that always happens. 

• Like 1

Just now, gortiz said:

in no way am I diminishing this, its bad.  but josh allen in his first two years as a starter was dead last, 32nd, in the league in completion percentage.  32nd both years.  that's hard to do.   I'm pretty sure after two years and 32 games people were like ... he's not fixing this.  well he did, in a big way. year 3 he finished 4th in the league.  that gives me hope that sam and EB can—fix this. 

I am not in the camp that this is mostly on Howell.  I didn't post it for that angle.  O line and the off season approach to it was-is thr # issue IMO.

5 minutes ago, gortiz said:

this sounds very damning ... can someone explain what he means like i'm 5? 

It means the secondary players didn't move fast enough post-snap to get into the right positions based on the defenses they were running.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

This spreading the ball around stuff is for the birds.  You got a stud and a first round pick, feed these people like other teams do.  Terry will never go off like Diggs, Brown, and Moore have because we don't go after matchups.  

we also don’t get to go against our defense in games lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wylie probably had his best game, only one without giving up a sack?  Granted against a team who only had 2 sacks going into this game with maybe the worst D line in the league

But looks like according to Wade he was telegraphing run-pass.  Still no big deal considering how little they ran.  But if its an issue i hope they clean that up for games when it does matter.

Now, Wade Philips is one of the best to ever do it, but you know if he's seeing it on TV, it's showing up on film.  Teams are surely coming into games with this info.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

At least Sam threw some more absolute dots! Bout the only positive from last night. I really can't think of a reason not to fire JDR before the next game. What, are we gonna look bad and get embarrassed? We seem to not mind any of that already. I guess if they think RR has some management future here they won't fire him early, but again, why not. Just too many embarrassments, in year 4, to do this for 12 more games. Worst thing that happens is we actually do get a high draft pick (that we'll probably waste anyway) Best case they find some pride or something and look competent. I'm down for either case, anything but status quo for 12 more weeks. 

Regardless who the DC is, you still have Ron as the HC and the same FO, which means it'll be status quo.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

2 things.

1. Every time they showed Ron on the sideline the dude had zero emotion with just a dead stare.  It literally looked like it could have been the same clip every one of the 10 times they showed him on the side line.

2. I am done wearing any Commanders gear.  I will no longer be wearing jerseys on game day and don't even know if I will wear my hat during the week.

I agree. I couldn't muster the capability of putting my Washington ballcap on this morning. Obviously I still love my team. I've been going through this garbage for decades. Will never stop. However it's too humiliating to wear that hat today. Probably won't for a long time. I put my a cap on today that just has my state's name/college teams name on it. It's dirty from lawnmowing and sweat and the Washington cap is clean and new looking but oh well. I just can't do it. I'd rather look like a bum underneath a bridge. That's how my team plays anyhow.

• Like 2