Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

Well, the non-PI call didn't chafe me as much after Howell hit McLaurin the play after and they were pretty much in the same position but the non-grounding call?  That was a big one as the next play or two they score.  The grounding call would have put them so far back, long FG, 4 point difference or possibly 7 if the miss.  Probably if, ands and buts at that point as I don't think they would have won anyway given the vibe of the team but definitely pivotal at that point and time.

5 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

JA slam of Fields could have been a penalty and I thought one of the PBUs by BSJ in the end zone was a flag worthy 

I agree on both of those, mainly the breakup though.  The "slam" only seemed like it could have been penalized in the slow motion replay.  In real time it didn't look nearly as bad. 

But that pass breakup was really bad lol.  We were all saying it should have been PI over here watching the game.  And it was a 3rd down too.

I am not that angry about the game. We had that sense in the lot before the game that it was a bad situation. But, I chalk this game up like I did the O's sweeping the Nats in 2021 as the final nail in the coffin, it's annoying, but it shows where we're really at. There is no way this Front Office or Coaching Staff can remain. Everyone Rivera brought it this year absolutely sucks. His draft was mediocre at the time, looks like complete **** now. Wylie and Barton are awful. The worst thing for us is to go on some 2022 Vikings-like run, where we have a horseshoe crammed up our ass, and not make the necessary, long-term changes.

I've said many times, this was a punt year. Evaluate who we have on the roster that we can build on, bring in an actual GM, and do this right. 

• Like 2

What a cluster f that was last night. These bums were not ready to play and that's on Ron. I'm not for giving Ron the boot mid season. It's not going to change anything. I don't want Eric B as head coach. He's too in love w/ his dumb ass passing plays. Not impressed with him at all-  and certainly not Del Rio. It is what it is for this season. We got rid of Dan and that is what matters. 

When the season ends we know all these guys are gone. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Bringing up the no calls against us, while ignoring the no calls in our favor is ****ing clown shoes.

By no means was I or I gather anyone else for that matter, implying that the refs lost the game for us.  They should be able to overcome the Bears B team and the refs together.  

But the facts are the facts, it was a poorly officiated game.  The BSJ no call being the one in our favor.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It hasn't escaped me that Ron has telegraphed some of his arguments about why he should stay -- some variation of if Howell is the goods that alone is the reason and he also seems to want to explain to Harris what he's building towards.  He's alluded to that in different interviews.  Ron is a good talker.  Nice guy.  Easy to like.  So I've had some minor concerns that Ron can sweet talk Harris into giving him another year.  Magic's comments reassures me that I don't need to worry, Ron is on the hot seat.

This is why I think it’s Ron saying to throw it late in games when we know it’s over. He wants to give the kid the reps so by the end of the season it’s clear he is the man. 

And if he’s the man, then I have to stay cause I found him. And if he’s not the man then why do you care if he is getting sacked too much? 

Ron strikes me as the type, honestly. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Our running game is not productive and we were down 17-0 nearly after kickoff.

You still have to play balanced ball to score points. And you have to rest your D.  I know but when they came back against Philadelphia, they did it by playing balanced ball.  They ran the ball a lot to get back in it.   It is a poorly coached team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

This is why I think it’s Ron saying to throw it late in games when we know it’s over. He wants to give the kid the reps so by the end of the season it’s clear he is the man. 

And if he’s the man, then I have to stay cause I found him. And if he’s not the man then why do you care if he is getting sacked too much? 

Ron strikes me as the type, honestly. 

I don’t think it’s that, it’s just old school machismo.  And it needs to be removed.

I guess Chase getting held was responsible for the 27-3 in the first half. Give me a break. The lowly Bears had 300 yards in the first half. The Bears were running the ball on 3rd and 7. That tells you right there that the lowly Bears had no respect for this defense. 

Here is how I see it. The guys on the front four are not as good as advertised. I saw Allen get pushed around all night long. Wondering is he hurt? Or does he just suck? The last two weeks he has been terrible. Whomever is responsible for signing Barton should be fired. Did anyone look at his tape? Why is Del Rio such a ****? Why didn't he come out and blitz Fields? He should have did what Buffalo did to us.. send pressure from everywhere on the first freakin series. Set the zone. He is the absolute worst DC. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

You still have to play balanced ball to score points. And you have to rest your D.  I know but when they came back against Philadelphia, they did it by playing balanced ball.  They ran the ball a lot to get back in it.   It is a poorly coached team.

Defense wasn't rested on the first series of the game?  Also Fields was a 50% passer last night and still won by 20.

Maybe they could have run more but it wouldn't have impacted the outcome.  They were dominating both our lines. 

Maybe the plan was let the Bears offense tire themselves out.  They certainly were racking up the injuries but the backups were as good or better.

Edited by Leonard Washington

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think it’s that, it’s just old school machismo.  And it needs to be removed.

I mean whatever it is, everyone in the world knows it’s stupid but our Coaching staff and that’s reason enough to fire them. 

The media needs to do us a favor and ask many questions about it. 

DL showed up a little bit in the second half as they were getting punked and they do care about their reps to an extent but when you get paid or have been paid, that play every down or eye of the tiger seems to go out the window.  Over hyped for sure.

Just now, Leonard Washington said:

Defense wasn't rested on the first series of the game?

Maybe they could have run more but it wouldn't have impacted the outcome.  They were dominating both our lines.

Of course they were dominated on both sides of the ball. Maybe I am not being clear.  You have to stick to a balanced approach on offense, that is how they managed to get back into the Philadelphia game. You can't panic if your down 17-0 against a team and just predictably chuck the ball, when your receivers are covered up.  You cannot just pass, pass, pass.  It makes no sense to me. What I meant about the D is you have to, during the course of the game, have some sustained drives, to rest your D. I am not talking about the 1st quarter.   

• Like 3

There has been zero progress on the field in the 4 years of the RR regime. None. Slow starts to games are a hallmark of his teams. We saw this coming. The ownership group has advisors - good football minds - who've been with them through the entire assessment, purchase and post-purchase evaluation process. Everyone is on the same page that RR has to go. As I mentioned earlier in the week in the prediction thread, several of those advisors were at the game last night. Magic's comments were not simply his opinion. It was representative of what ownership believes. And it serves notice.

RR is a lot more involved with that defense than is being let on. Kudos to JDR for being a loyal lieutenant and not leaking "but I wanted to/would have...." And I don't know in what parallel universe somebody thinks Vieselmeyer oughtta be coaching DBs in this league. There's a reason that unit has regressed despite adding talent.

As for RR's "give me my ring" comment: the new FO and HC will have replaced RR's absurd FO structure, replaced the entire starting OL, acquired actual NFL-caliber LBs, kept only 2 (maybe 3) DL starters (neither of which was drafted by RR), cut the LS, replaced the kicker, and kept a QB that RR didn't actually want because he was all in on Wentz (KZ and MH begged and pleaded to pick him before he was gone). What ring is this fool talking about?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Our running game is not productive and we were down 17-0 nearly after kickoff.

Thank you.

People keep screaming RUN THE BALL, but we had 10 carries for 18 yards. I'm not all about 2nd and 9 every possession.

The Bears secondary was awful and had injuries going into and during the game. We had success moving the ball passing it. We were down 3+ scores. You throw the ball. Period.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

You don’t run the ball just because. Obviously. So then what’s the point? Once you consider that in the WCO the point of the short pass IS to run the ball with yac……what exactly is the argument then to stick it in Robinson’s gut versus what they were doing? 

Especially when it worked? There is no benefit to running for ****s and gigs down 20. If your only argument is to tamper down the pass rush….we’ll you can do that with the short pass and screens. Pass right into it. This is common in the WCO actually. It’s not a concept only EB believes in. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Of course they were dominated on both sides of the ball. Maybe I am not being clear.  You have to stick to a balanced approach on offense, that is how they managed to get back into the Philadelphia game. You can't panic if your down 17-0 against a team and just predictably chuck the ball, when your receivers are covered up.  You cannot just pass, pass, pass.  It makes no sense to me. What I meant about the D is you have to, during the course of the game, have some sustained drives, to rest your D. I am not talking about the 1st quarter.   

Not running the ball worked.  Until there was less than 2 minutes left in the game they were down by 17 and the game was clearly over, they scored on every offensive possession in the 2nd half except for the fumble and the missed FG.  And neither play was really affected by not running the ball.  And the missed FG likely wouldn't have happened if Gibson just caught the ball.

Just now, Llevron said:

You don’t run the ball just because. Obviously. So then what’s the point? Once you consider that in the WCO the point of the short pass IS to run the ball with yac……what exactly is the argument then to stick it in Robinson’s gut versus what they were doing? 

Especially when it worked? There is no benefit to running for ****s and gigs down 20. If your only argument is to tamper down the pass rush….we’ll you can do that with the short pass and screens. Pass right into it. This is common in the WCO actually. It’s not a concept only EB believes in. 

Well...

I'm someone always talking about balance.

There was no balance to be achieved last night. We had to throw. We were getting thoroughly walloped.

However, one reason to run the ball when down by a lot? Keep the clock a tickin and get the hell out of dodge. Oh, and not get your quarterback assaulted.

• Thumb up 1