Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I called this a draft position game before it started. Our schedule only gets harder.

Cards should win some games. Bears should win more too. Houston isn't firmly at the bottom. It's a shame we won the Denver game.

Here’s the thing… they aren’t doing it on purpose :ols:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Part of my argument that Ron has to go is he's power drunk and oddly full of himself.  And i know Ron as a dude is a nice guy so I attribute that is this is what happens when you make the HC, the team's football Czar,

The sending him a ring after he's fired -- is an entitled, bratty comment.  Also loserville, because its him admitting that he thinks there is a good chance they don't win.

Just as bad was last week when Ron alluded to how so many are holding him to its his 4th season and implied that's nonsense, it shouldn't matter.    Suggesting that he deserves a fresh start.  Ridiculous.  

Tony Dungy didn't get a ring when he got fired and Gruden put his team over the top. It's almost like someone told Ron that he had to start Sam this year and he gave up. Brought his buddy in to call the offense as a job interview. Half assed the off season and is sitting back waiting for it all to end so he doesn't have to go to work any more.

• Like 5

I called this a draft position game before it started. Our schedule only gets harder.

Cards should win some games. Bears should win more too. Houston isn't firmly at the bottom. It's a shame we won the Denver game.

I would say after last night, your prediction is more in play, 6-11 if I recall than mine at 8-9.

This is the easy part of the schedule.  Bears, Atlanta, Giants.    I think its perfectly in play to lose at least one of those 2 games.

The schedule gets tough after that.  As I mentioned look at the Giants schedule, the hard people was staggered early, then it gets easier.  Our schedule is the opposite -- starts easier then it gets hard.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I would say after last night, your prediction is more in play, 6-11 if I recall than mine at 8-9.

This is the easy part of the schedule.  Bears, Atlanta, Giants.    I think its perfectly in play to lose at least one of those 2 games.

The schedule gets tough after that.  As I mentioned look at the Giants schedule, the hard people was staggered early, then it gets easier.  Our schedule is the opposite -- starts easier then it gets hard.

I think it’s possible we lose both of the next two. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, philibusters said:

One super specific thing:  I liked Kendall Fullers gamble on third down that went for a long  TD.   It was third and four with 4 minutes left and we were down 10.   Fuller tried to jump that route.   A number of possibilities including a pick six or just an incompletion.  A pick six and we might win that game.  An incompletion and we probably lose but we get the ball back with at least a hope and a pray.   A first down and the game is essentially over.  A first down was as bad a TD, so that is a gamble that I like.  It didn't work out and Moore got a long TD out of it.  But I thought that was a smart gamble.

That is the difference between Fuller and Forbes right now.  One knows when to gamble and the other doesn't.  Yeah Fuller lost his bet, but no real damage, a completion for the first down effectively gives you the same result, a loss.

No, I do not like my corner giving up outside leverage with no safety help to star receivers setting records on us and getting torched for long TDs just because we're down and there isn't much time left on the clock.  I get what you are trying to say, but we're witnessing a secondary that has broken down and is basically just pressing in deaperation because they know they don't have a chance.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Here’s the thing… they aren’t doing it on purpose :ols:

Oh, I know. I feel awful for our players, because we have a lot of good ones.

EB is awful and I'm sure the players know it. 

We let Harris go and we're really seeing a major regression in our secondary and have nobody who could replace Jack as DC.

The wheels are off on a long week.

• Like 3

Tony Dungy didn't get a ring when he got fired and Gruden put his team over the top. It's almost like someone told Ron that he had to start Sam this year and he gave up. Brought his buddy in to call the offense as a job interview. Half assed the off season and is sitting back waiting for it all to end so he doesn't have to go to work any more.

The irony is I think Howell was maybe their best player last night.

When teams upgrade in the off season and this team arguably didn't upgrade one whit anywhere that's how you go downhill. 

Also to your point, Ron comes off like a dude who is checked out at times.    He doesn't say a word on the sidelines.  The other coaches, do the coaching.  Then hearing he didn't even say a word during halftime -- wow.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

7-10 was my prediction. Gates, Wylie, Barton were trash signings and I thought EB would be worse than Turner.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Right now it looks like an atrocious off season.  Yet some people here seem to want continuity and want to see Ron continue to cook.  Maybe not after last night, will see.  But Ron has some feisty defenders that I've debated.

Who taught Ron how to cook, Russell Wilson? We're all going to get E.coli for Rivera's **** sandwich.

• Haha 1

All these players talking about the Bears coming in with an edge that this team lacked isn't a good look.

I saw the first part of the Leno quote about them throwing like mad even when the game was out of hand.  I missed this.  Strong statement

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

So going into next year all we need is:

2 OTs, 1 G (starting quality)

1 TE (starter)

1 RB (playmaker type)

Maybe QB (we'll see, though Howell has been good as a whole)

1 WR (possession guy)

2-3 Defensive Ends (2 starters, Sweat/Young may be one of those...)

2-3 ILBs

2 Safeties (1 starter, 2 if Curl is not back)

2 CB (1 starter)

An entire FO

An entire coaching staff

So, we're close.

This list was similar last year but also included owner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The irony is I think Howell was maybe their best player last night.

When teams upgrade in the off season and this team arguably didn't upgrade one whit anywhere that's how you go downhill. 

Also to your point, Ron comes off like a dude who is checked out at times.    He doesn't say a word on the sidelines.  The other coaches, do the coaching.  Then hearing he didn't even say a word during halftime -- wow.  

Howell on offense and Chase on defense for sure.

EB can't scheme our WRs open, has zero feel for the run game, which I guess is why he tries to ignore it.

He started calling high percentage throws and mixed in some runs early in the game and then started taking homerun shots out of the blue. 

Acts like we're playing Madden. We let one of our best position coaches go on defense. I'd say Jordan or Castilo are the best remaining position coaches.

Before the season I said it would be a bad year full of ups and downs and it would be exciting, as long as you didn't look at the record.

We have a shot at picking 5-10 in the draft and that is definitely LT position and we should be able to get a RT in the second this year. We'll have a new GM running the draft with new coaches and everything.

We're in the final throws of the Snyder era. I hope the Commanders name, Ron, Jack, EB and everyone else is gone forever after this season. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t have much to add about the game, we all saw it.

What I can say is that it’s all back for me.  By ‘it’, I mean the fire as a fan that I’d been missing for quite some time.  

It started with training camp and all the warm and fuzzies of new ownership.  It became real last night as I’m screaming in anger at the top of my lungs.  I’m all in again, for better or worse.

I haven’t been this angered by a loss since maybe the 2016 Giants game.  I woke up this morning still mad and in a bad mood.  I’m up watching the Junkies just to hear them skewer Ron.

I am back but sleeping in the spare bedroom.  I just can't get fully onboard because there are all Snyder's people, his stench still lingers.  I watch there games as I do preseason,, to get a look at the players for when the games really matter to me.  But these games don't really matter as I know all the coaches are lame ducks. Now I may go into full tank mode.  F these guys.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I'm shocked that people are angry and/or surprised about this.  The cancer that was Snyder still has his fingerprints all over this team.  The reboot doesn't start until this entire coaching staff is removed.  

And FO too. Would even say 95% of the roster 

A few observations…

Before the game, I saw the Bears getting all hyped up with their pregame pep talk and I thought to myself “oh no”.  Which is only a thought you get when your team isn’t very good.  It shouldn’t matter how hyped a bad team is, if you are any good you should knock that out of them fast.

The Bears winning the toss and choosing to kick was about as big of a kick in the nuts and spit in the face as you can do.  That says they watched the tape and could smell blood in the water and knew they could get out fast.  

What I’ve seen over time and last night is just the sheer lack of respect that opposing teams have for Ron, JDR and the gang.  Regularly going for it on 4th down, going for it in the red zone, taking the ball, etc.  It all shows what our competition thinks of us.

• Like 3