Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

I didn't like RR stupid ass smirk going into the locker room at half time. Our D was lazy and slow last night. Need to lower the boom on the coaching staff next year. Unless Harris has the balls to make a change during a dead season , which this appears to be. Hope he has a good coaching/FO in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You don’t run the ball just because. Obviously. So then what’s the point? Once you consider that in the WCO the point of the short pass IS to run the ball with yac……what exactly is the argument then to stick it in Robinson’s gut versus what they were doing? 

Especially when it worked? There is no benefit to running for ****s and gigs down 20. If your only argument is to tamper down the pass rush….we’ll you can do that with the short pass and screens. Pass right into it. This is common in the WCO actually. It’s not a concept only EB believes in. 

Agreed. I don't get this obsession with running the ball. I think early in the game we were, but ultimately we ended up with 10 carries for 18 yards. And in the 2nd half we were down 27-3. You gotta throw the ball unless you want 2nd and 9(at best) every time.

• Like 1

I thought the defense would be good enough this year to hold us in games and that Sam Howell would play well enough to win more of those games than we’re used to winning.

I am an optimist (as most know 😆), but I am still disoriented by how awful last nights game was. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a defense look as disinterested in contact as I did last night. Forbes. Butler. Davis. They all had plays where they looked like they were in helmets and shorts.

This team completed mailed it in last night. When Vick killed us back in the day, at least the Eagles were good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well...

I'm someone always talking about balance.

There was no balance to be achieved last night. We had to throw. We were getting thoroughly walloped.

However, one reason to run the ball when down by a lot? Keep the clock a tickin and get the hell out of dodge. Oh, and not get your quarterback assaulted.

Do you really want the clock ticking when down a lot? Isn’t that the opposite of what you want? And even if you did, you can do that with the short pass anyway. 

Getting your QB assaulted is indeed a reason to run it. But again screens, short passes, hot routs….am I wrong about that stuff? I just always remember learning that the shirt pass is an extension of the run. Literally so in the WCO. If I’m wrong I’m wrong but I don’t think I am. Are we not using these concepts either? 

yes the shirt pass cause I’m fancy 

Edited by Llevron

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. I don't get this obsession with running the ball. I think early in the game we were, but ultimately we ended up with 10 carries for 18 yards. And in the 2nd half we were down 27-3. You gotta throw the ball unless you want 2nd and 9(at best) every time.

It's not just that we don't run, it's the way we run and when we do it. I bet at least half of those runs were Robinson B gap on first down. Our run game is too predictable.

I think it was the second quarter when we were finally calling the dink and dunk rhythm building offense, with a couple runs and moving down the field and then we took two or three homerun shots that the receivers dropped and the offense stalled again.  

Just now, Llevron said:

Do you really want the clock ticking when down a lot? Isn’t that the opposite of what you want? And even if you did, you can do that with the short pass anyway. 

Getting your QB assaulted is indeed a reason to run it. But again screens, short passes, hot routs….am I wrong about that stuff? I just always remember learning that the shirt pass is an extension of the run. Literally so in the WCO. If I’m wrong I’m wrong but I don’t think I am. Are we not using these concepts either? 

When you’re getting beat that bad towards the end of the game… yes, you want the clock running.

We’ve been using more of the quick game the last two weeks. But when you get behind it doesn’t matter much. And with our OL the QB is still getting hit in the quick game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

yes the shirt pass cause I’m fancy 

Sure, when we're calling those plays, but we went into late game panic mode half way through the second.

• Like 1

I think Magic is gonna be the canary in the coal mine on how Harris is behind the scenes.  The juxtaposition of Magic's stinkface and tweet with Harris having a blast partying in the suite was weird. If he doesn't like what he sees about the operation, he'll let us know.

• Like 2

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Sure, when we're calling those plays, but we went into late game panic mode half way through the second.

Defense didn’t get a stop yet and We were down 20 at that point. And not only did they not get a stop the ****ing BEARS were scoring in like 20 seconds. 

When do you panic if not then lol

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think Magic is gonna be the canary in the coal mine on how Harris is behind the scenes.  The juxtaposition of Magic's stinkface and tweet with Harris having a blast partying in the suite was weird. If he doesn't like what he sees about the operation, he'll let us know.

Harris's MO is blowing everything up in the FO and bringing in his people. 

• Like 5

Wylie probably had his best game, only one without giving up a sack?  Granted against a team who only had 2 sacks going into this game with maybe the worst D line in the league

But looks like according to Wade he was telegraphing run-pass.  Still no big deal considering how little they ran.  But if its an issue i hope they clean that up for games when it does matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The toxic stench of Snyder continues to hover over everything like radiation after a nuclear meltdown. The entire coaching staff needs to go. As does every single member of that idiotic ‘coach centric’ front office concoction. Then there is the players. I’m just sick about the time, energy, and dollars spent to attend this game, just to have them give ZERO effort in an embarrassing meltdown. I was already regretting my season tickets purchase, but now I’m wondering if I’ll even attend another game. Will probably sell the rest hopefully at not too big of a loss. Yes, the stadium experience has improved a quite a bit, but it still sucks. And what’s up with the giant beers? How is that the only option? Especially considering the “drink responsibly“ announcements. I love beer, but wtf why cant I just get a normal sized 12 Oz can of beer?? 
What I need is to see them start over and build this thing the right way. And that means hiring a GM first. And I mean a real, well regarded GM not another drunk or stooge with no power. If I don’t see that happening by this off-season, I just don’t see anyway I’ll be able to hang on as a fan. I know it’s going to take years to recover from the damage Snyder has done, and I really wanted to give the new owners all of the time they deserve, but I guess I’m just too beaten up as a fan to be patient. 💩💩💩

• Like 2

That below has been my fear.  Forgetting that he had a draft that looks questionable at best -- it was also an offseason with no pizzazz for a fan base craving for some excitment and wins.

Ron whined a lot about the lack of home field advantage and he wants the fans back.  Yet this last off season, he came off 100% clueless on this front as i explained many times.   He didn't throw a single bone to make the off season even a little intriguing.

My issue was Ron is boring.  His off seasons are boring.  And his seasons end up boring -- middle of the pack.  How much can fans stomach as to holding their enthusiasm. 

Granted it could be even worse than mediocre and this might be worse this season but laying eggs in front of sold out crowds might mitigate some of this renewed fan enthusiasm.  Heck for the Buffalo game it was in front of like 1000 alumni. Last night it was in front of a national audence.

Not only don't I think Ron has it in him to ever make this team great -- I also think he's the worst guy to play out the mediocre streak, too because he's a boring as heck version of it.   Not that I can ever embrace so so -- but Ron's uber boring version of so so is torture as for building hope for the fan base IMO.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

When you’re getting beat that bad towards the end of the game… yes, you want the clock running.

oh if you are talking about when we should have realized the game is over then I agree there. I thought the argument was about balance and running to help win. Not just get the game over with so we could go home. 

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We’ve been using more of the quick game the last two weeks. But when you get behind it doesn’t matter much. And with our OL the QB is still getting hit in the quick game.

When your QB is getting hit in the quick game then he’s just gonna have to get hit. the team was built poorly. That’s what happens. Running it ain’t gonna help you if the line just doesn’t work. And ours doesn’t. 

Just now, Llevron said:

oh if you are talking about when we should have realized the game is over then I agree there. I thought the argument was about balance and running to help win. Not just get the game over with so we could go home. 

When your QB is getting hit in the quick game then he’s just gonna have to get hit. the team was built poorly. That’s what happens. Running it ain’t gonna help you if the line just doesn’t work. And ours doesn’t. 

It’s all part of the soup.

I'm not sure if this is a direct Ron quote or who is saying it exactly and I can't link it because of language, but damn.

#Commanders Ron Rivera at halftime: “Chase Young started bawling in the locker room after the first half. He then stood up and said “Guys, coach is right. If we wanna win, it’s on us.” And then everyone started (langauage) laughing. There’s no heart in this trash ass team.” #NFLNFL_KickOff_Hashtags_2023_NFL.png

• Sad 1