Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Denver

TK

1 minute ago, PlayAction said:

Forbes second game.  Stop saying he's a bust. The defense DL and Linebackers aren't getting it done.  The amount of draft picks invested in the defense instead of the offense.  Omg.  Well Peyton is a good coach.  Wilson looking good again

All that stuff is true, but Forbes looks like absolute 💩.

Just now, KDawg said:

It’s hard to not look at Ron Rivera here and wonder why this team is so unprepared. It’s his fourth year. It’s not like this is HS wheee your talent is cyclical. You pick the players to some extent. He is in charge of personnel. 

He may not make it off the team plane if this gets worse.

Bears game would be the first firing opportunity, if they lose Bears game.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

If we go QB (which isn’t out of the realm) we better find a way to shore up the offensive line. Because if we don’t the next QB will be ruined, too. 

Payton wanted to invest in the OL when he took the HC position.  He understands.

We will have clarity after this season.  Right now it looks like it's going to be a new start.  Hopefully we get a great GM

Sorry, but I'm on the tank train. Cleveland has sucked my whole life, they've turned it around. Lions have sucked my whole life, they've turned it around. It doesn't take 5 years to rebuild a team and make it competitive. Fire Rivera and get professionals in the building.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

It’s hard to not look at Ron Rivera here and wonder why this team is so unprepared. It’s his fourth year. It’s not like this is HS wheee your talent is cyclical. You pick the players to some extent. He is in charge of personnel. 

He may not make it off the team plane if this gets worse.

I’d be fine with him being left in Denver.

I wonder if them flying in so late to try and combat the altitude thing has had an effect.

Just now, RVAskins said:

I think we all knew this season wasn't going to amount to much. The off season is going to be very interesting.

There are some here who think Rivera has been excellent and this team is poised for greatness. Be careful with the “I think we all knew…” stuff…

• Like 2

every summer/camp we here about the defense dominating. the defense talking ****. the defense being ahead of the o. the defense looking elite. the defense bullying the offense. then this defense goes against an above average/elite qb and offense, and that same defense looks like dog****.

always very interesting

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Perhaps a poor time to ask the question, but is there anyone on this thread this evening that has the appetite to keep Ron? And if so why?

I said before the off-season, Ron’s willing acceptance of having a substandard oline would end his time with the team. I’m feeling pretty confident about that take.

feels like a self sabotage similar to Jay Gruden’s refusal to select a decent defensive coordinator. Some head coaches just can’t get out of their own way and accept the obvious.

• Like 5