Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

This kid looks nothings like Darrell Green or Fred Smoot.

Forbes is more lanky and because of this looks thinner. The older guys did NOT have this body type. 

But he's also no Champ Bailey (most complete CB I have seen).

I really don't know what to make of this pick. There must be some hidden reason the FO fell in love with him but I'm not seeing it.

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Is Ball Hawk really just code for someone improvises successfully?

Less improvisation, more like betting on himself IMO.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No doubt Forbes is feisty for his size including in the run game.  

Against the run from what i've noticed he sometimes will throw his whole body into the tackle which I gather helps him get the most for his size.   He's definitely a willing tackler.  PFF talks up that his weakness is that he is "a mediocre tackler".  I don't know if he's mediocre but I think size limits him.   I don't know how easy he survives tackling that way in the NFL.  But him putting on some weight-muscle IMO is a game changer.

Some here seem confident that he can put weight on or it doesn't matter at all.  I don't know if they are right or wrong -- its a wild card to me.   

But otherwise, I dig him as a player.

Definitely seeing the same thing on his tape. He gets hands on WRs and gets low on tackles. Some dog in his game for sure.

I'm not so down on the pick, more down on NE trading down and drafted Gonzales directly after us. 

Why aren't we making moves like that? We have no insight on what other teams are doing and couldn't trade down knowing Forbes would still be there? 

This franchise needs a GM in charge.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

Definitely seeing the same thing on his tape. He gets hands on WRs and gets low on tackles. Some dog in his game for sure.

I'm not so down on the pick, more down on NE trading down and drafted Gonzales directly after us. 

Why aren't we making moves like that? We have no insight on what other teams are doing and couldn't trade down knowing Forbes would still be there? 

This franchise needs a GM in charge.

Should be interesting to see how Forbes career fares juxtaposed with Gonzalez -- the Patriots took like 10 seconds to make their pick after we took Forbes.  Pats can be hit and miss like any team in the draft but Belichick has found some good players over the years for their secondary.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Should be interesting to see how Forbes career fares juxtaposed with Gonzalez -- the Patriots took like 10 seconds to make their pick after we took Forbes.  Pats can be hit and miss like any team in the draft but Belichick has found some good players over the years for their secondary.

The Patriots have not hit on a first round pick since 2012 (Chandler Jones). 

• Like 1

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

I don’t disagree, but who says the compensation any trade up team (assuming any) was offering was worth it. 

Wouldn't anything be worth it if we still could've drafted Forbes a few spots down? 

Not that I actually know what other team's interest in Forbes was. 

Just kind of feels like Dotson or Jamin the year before. We couldn't have traded down any of those times knowing Davis/Dotson/Forbes would still be there a few spots down? 

12 minutes ago, method man said:

The Patriots have not hit on a first round pick since 2012 (Chandler Jones). 

They've done better with FA acquistions in the secondary.  as to the draft, Marcus Jones, McCourty, Chung, Ryan, Harmom were decent throughout their career but not stars.

So i mostly agree, they aren't hot at drafting.  But i still think it will be interesting to see the comparison. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Well to put things into perspective I weigh 165 at 5'8.  Am I considered "stocky" compared to Forbes?  I could never ever in my life tackle someone like AJ Brown.  He has small bones so good luck gaining weight.  I just don't think this pick improved the team.  Hopefully I am wrong. 

@Daniel.redskins no offense but your 5'8" self isn't able to play match up zone against SEC recievers either. That may add a new perspective as well, I get your worries though but the kid is a baller of the highwst magnitude with a ton of production also. 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Film study. The best spend a ton of time in the film room getting to know the routes of their opponents and the subtle cues that give them away, and use that to inform their decision to jump in and anticipate the play before it happens.

• Like 1

Did we not go Gonzo out of injury concerns, yet ignore the injury risk of an every down player weighing 166? Its NOT like a Banks on offense with a handful of plays and he can run out of bounds.  Seems a little bit of a disconnect there. XM fantasy guy Jeff Mans loves Gonzo and couldnt believe the pats landed him. 

Edited by RandyHolt

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Hopefully not.  Just based on the way Kiper, Rivera, and Mayhew talked about him, he puts the work in the film room.  Let’s hope his picks are a product of study and not improvisation.