Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

8 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Like the skills and the head on him.

Really love the length beyond his frame

Confident they will put some weight on him cuz he will die if he is allowed to stay 166.

The main concern is whether he is both the same athlete after the added mass, and if he can stay healthy with a vastly diff body type than what he is used to. That is a risk you typically don't have to deal with when you consider what else is on the board.

Hopefully his frame is well suited for some extra mass.

That's my concern. Dude has gone without injuries, despite his size. When you see guys like that suddenly try to put on size, it's like it disrupts their bodies and weird injuries start to happen. Just hope his frame is up for it if he does put on size. 

• Like 5

Im liking this pick more and more. His only real flaw is his weight but hes almost 6-1, he can put on weight easily. His ball skills are dynamic and he can stick with guys. Great instincts. And he actually is a willing tackler and isn’t actually bad at it.

Were gonna be thrilled we got him when hes giving us short fields and taking balls to the house next year. 

A- grade.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

If he can bulk up and put about 15 to 20 pounds on his frame.. he has champ bailey written all over him. (Champ's predraft measurables were 5 ft 11+34 in and 182lbs.)

Good luck young buck

I think Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is a better comp.

7 hours ago, Bacon said:

My favorite player of all time, Darrell Green, was an undersized corner. I can't hate on this pick. 

Darrell was 5'9" and 185 lbs, big difference than being 6'1" and 166 lbs, imo.  And the game has changed to favor the offense, DBs could rough WRs up back then and not get flagged to death.

I wasn't happy with the pick, but he's on our team now so I'll cheer him on every Sunday.  Just hope he can put on some muscle and get up to at least 180 lbs and not lose any or much speed doing so.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Darrell was 5'9" and 185 lbs, big difference than being 6'1" and 166 lbs, imo.  And the game has changed to favor the offense, DBs could rough WRs up and not get flagged to death.

I wasn't happy with the pick, but he's on our team now so I'll cheer him on every Sunday.  Just hope he can put on some muscle and get up to at least 180 lbs and not lose any or much speed doing so.

Forbes may have been 166 at the combine, but at his pro day he was 170 and during the 2022 season he played at 175. I don't see an issue with him bulking up to at least 180 and losing any speed.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Forbes may have been 166 at the combine, but at his pro day he was 170 and during the 2022 season he played at 175. I don't see an issue with him bulking up to at least 180 and losing any speed.

I’m incredibly skeptical that his playing weight was actually 175 last season if he couldn’t get over 170 in an offseason training program leading up to the draft where his weight was a critical concern. Players usually drop some weight during the season. He might have been playing at 160. 

With his thin frame, there’s realistically not a path to getting him to 180 without losing some twitch and speed. He’s always going to be a liability against the run… it just is what it is. 

Edited by TheGoodBits

I like the player. I hate where we picked him. Especially with Gonzo sitting right there. Not that it matters but I would have loved Forbes in the second round. Its a reach. But sometimes you have to just trust your evaluations and take your guy. IMO Forbes is a better man corner than zone. So that is kind of weird that they picked him for our system. Of course I hope he balls out and leads the league in picks. We shall see.

I like but don't love this pick. He obviously possesses the skills we desperately need on D, we need takeaways. The argument for Gonzo is a difference of about 30 pounds but much less likely to get takeaways and his open field tackling isn't good (which negates the weight difference a bit IMO). I feel the argument here is a wash as both players have some concerns. 

What scares me is Forbes opposite WR's like a DK Metcalf and not being able to run through a big body to stay with a WR on a quick slant or to get off a block on a run in his direction. Please DO NOT put him as a KR or PR. With all that said he will be practicing with one of the most elite WR corps in the league so we will know in camp if he can hang with the big dawgs! 

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A window of Forbes, in the context of facing a Wr who is in this division, Devonta Smith.  It's only like a 2 minute watch, the video is condensed.  Worth watching.

This is a good watch - the thing is the talent around Devonta Smith >>>> Emmanuel Forbes.  He had almost no safety help over the top.  I also have to imagine, should he be the student of the game it seems he is, that he has learned a few things from that experience and gotten better as a result.  He was a freshman in this clip.  Something to keep in mind.