6’ 1’’
WEIGHT
166 lbs
ARM
32 1/4’’
HAND
8 1/2’’

Overview
Forbes is long, can run and has a talent for taking the ball away, which means he has a chance to become a coveted cornerback. However, his wire-thin frame does not work in his favor. Forbes’ instincts and recognition are fun to watch. He pounces on quick-game throws and has the ball skills to take the ball away. He’s highly capable in all forms of zone coverage and operates out of press-man, but is inconsistent matching the release and staying in phase with routes through sharp cuts. His slender build and lack of tackle strength will make him a target for opposing running games. Forbes could become an early starter with quality ball production, but teams might need to expect some up-and-down performances.
Strengths
  • Two-hand jabs keep receivers occupied in press.
  • Plays with smooth side-shuffle technique in deep zone.
  • Above average pre-snap play recognition.
  • Instincts allow for quick read-and-react jumps on the throw.
  • Swings arm through catch point to separate the football.
  • Soft hands with the ability to leap and win at the high point.
  • Uses his length as an effective recovery tool.
  • Can be hard to throw over the top of him.
  • Posted 14 career interceptions with six returned for touchdowns.
Weaknesses
  • Below average foot slide to match the release.
  • Has issues staying in phase at break points.
  • Aggressiveness makes him a double-move target.
  • Needs to become more disciplined playing high to low in zone.
  • Plays out past his toes, leading to transition imbalance.
  • Grab-and-drag tackler lacking play strength.
Edited by zCommander
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• zCommander changed the title to Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

we needed a corner, gonna be optimistic about the pick. i know people are upset because new england is the "smart" team and took gonzo...but i dunno why that matters that much. to my recollection, new england has a history of bad drafting - including the first round. who knows? i know everyone was against terry, daron, and dotson when we drafted them. i think they turned out okay. even jamin davis shows promise after a bad first year. give it a chance and give it time.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Like the skills and the head on him.

Really love the length beyond his frame

Confident they will put some weight on him cuz he will die if he is allowed to stay 166.

The main concern is whether he is both the same athlete after the added mass, and if he can stay healthy with a vastly diff body type than what he is used to. That is a risk you typically don't have to deal with when you consider what else is on the board.

Hopefully his frame is well suited for some extra mass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

The weight concerns are a tad overblown. If he gets around 175-180 lbs range by season start I’m not worried at all.

DeSean Jackson was 170 lbs, and he played offense. He was getting smacked around by LBs and Safeties and played 14 seasons in the NFL.

Forbes is the hitter not the hitee. He’s gonna be fine. Welcome to Washington young man! Here’s to a bunch of pick sixes in the NFL! 

• Like 8

Djax became injury plauged, big reason he bounced around so much...

I like the talent, but if I didn't see he was 6'1 i'da though we drafted someone the size of Brandon Banks.  166 is absoutely not going to work at this level and the position he plays today, add weight, nothing to be concerned about.

• Like 1

Real good player, but concerns due to his weight are legitimate. 

But as a player he can do it all. Cover. Makes plays. Can run(4.35 40). Not many flaws and we need a dynamic playmaker in the backend. 

Its gonna be like the Dotson pick last year. So many(including myself)hated picking him too early but a year later he balled out and nobody really remembers or cares that he was taken like 5-6 picks too early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The good, he's more physical than you realize. He's more physical when tackling against the run than some of the other 1st rounder corners with ideal attributes like Banks or Gonzalez. The bad...he's a stick figure and looks like he gets ragdolled on half of the tackling attempts.

Banks has almost no missed tackles, well...he doesn't try to get involved in most run plays, he's only attempting sure things. That guy is easy to block.

7 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

The good, he's more physical than you realize. He's more physical when tackling against the run than some of the other 1st rounder corners with ideal attributes like Banks or Gonzalez. The bad...he's a stick figure and looks like he gets ragdolled on half of the tackling attempts.

Banks has almost no missed tackles, well...he doesn't try to get involved in most run plays, he's only attempting sure things. That guy is easy to block.

Ya I had Spoon as CB1 and then everyone else. 

Gonzo was next but a notch below. I still have JPJr as a great player, but he wasn’t a great fit for a D that needed a playmaker. 

• Like 3

Morning guys! Woke up to the news of Forbes and i like the pick. It's a position of real need, he was among the BPA at 16.……I'm happy.

Just listened to our boy Kim chatting with Smoot. There isn't so much specifically about Forbes, but these insights on the kona 😁 position are damn good. Well worth the listen.

• Like 1

Why are people treating his weight like a problem? It's an advantage. If a strong enough gust of wind comes through, he'll get picked up and blown through the air like a kite. Can you imagine what a nightmare that would be for a QB, to be afraid of a CB getting a pick while literally flying?

• Haha 6