Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

The more I think about it, the more I like this pick. There wasn't a OT I wanted (they were all gone) and I think he's going to be really good.

I think he can get close to 200, and if that is the case, I don't think anyone is going to complain about him.

And, of all things, I think he's faster than he clocked at the combine. Watching some tape against fast WR's, he has no issues keeping up with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

The more I think about it, the more I like this pick. There wasn't a OT I wanted (they were all gone) and I think he's going to be really good.

I think he can get close to 200, and if that is the case, I don't think anyone is going to complain about him.

And, of all things, I think he's faster than he clocked at the combine. Watching some tape against fast WR's, he has no issues keeping up with them.

Well I mean if he's faster than 4.35, yowza...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Close to 200? Let’s work on close to a consistent 180 first. :ols:

• Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

He's kinda like the Bryce Young of CBs except instead of height its his weight. That's his only really significant negative. He has some other flaws sure but those are things all young DBs have that can be coached up/developed.

I think this is gonna end up like Dotson where one year later nobody knows, remembers, or cares where exactly in the 1st he was taken because they know we got a heck of a player. 

• Like 2

Y’all are going a bit overboard with the weight gain. 200lbs? Are you kidding? That’s 30lbs in 4 months.

I doubt he’ll run 4.3 at that weight, and your taking away what makes him special and a playmaker in the first place.

I remember when Gibbs asked Portis to gain weight to become a bell cow RB, and he wasn’t the same player he was in Denver.

~185lbs should be good for him to add durability and keep his athleticism.

Edited by Rogue Jedi
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Y’all are going a bit overboard with the weight gain. 200lbs? Are you kidding? That’s 30lbs in 4 months.

I doubt he’ll run 4.3 at that weight, and your taking away what makes him special and a playmaker in the first place.

I remember when Gibbs asked Portis to gain weight to become a bell cow RB, and he wasn’t the same player he was in Denver.

~185lbs should be good for him to add durability and keep his athleticism.

I don’t know. I can see him get to 250 in the next 2-3 weeks and start opposite Davis at ILB. Why not? With his frame he could add a lot of weight fast. He needs a high end strength program.

Clearly they didn’t have a strength program at all in college and none of the people there thought to suggest a nutrition plan and training regimen to support some weight gain.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know. I can see him get to 250 in the next 2-3 weeks and start opposite Davis at ILB.

Your thinking too small. 80 more lbs on top of that and he can solve our O-line problems.

330 pounds w/ oily hips and 4.4 speed? Imagine putting him out in front on screen plays.

Better yet give him the ball and let him put his pick-6 return skills to work.

If we are gonna ignore reality, lets swing for the fences.

hqdefault.jpg.e8b56308afb9f5833cd88a12496adf21.jpg

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, HoggLife said:

He said he was already at 177 and will be at 185 for the season. So there's that. 

What size are you? 

I'm 6'3" 235lbs and fairly athletic and gaining 20lbs of good weight that wouldn't slow me down in 3 months is about impossible and I'm the perfect candidate.

Someone who is lean and already in a semi pro athletic training program? It's impossible. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

What size are you? 

I'm 6'3" 235lbs and fairly athletic and gaining 20lbs of good weight that wouldn't slow me down in 3 months is about impossible and I'm the perfect candidate.

Someone who is lean and already in a semi pro athletic training program? It's impossible. 

And, for what it’s worth, if the media asked me what I weighed and the only thing people were knocking me for was weight I’d tell them 10 pounds heavier than I was, too. 

Not saying he is. He may really be ~175. I don’t know. But if I were him I’d embellish just to try to slow the weight questions occurring ad naseum. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And, for what it’s worth, if the media asked me what I weighed and the only thing people were knocking me for was weight I’d tell them 10 pounds heavier than I was, too. 

Not saying he is. He may really be ~175. I don’t know. But if I were him I’d embellish just to try to slow the weight questions occurring ad naseum. 

Dudes an elite hawk with a nose for the endzone and all people want to know about is his weight. Let's just call him 170lbs and be done with it for now. 

He throws himself around more than I'd like and I'm not worried about him trying to tackle, but we couldn't buy a turn over last year and that's what he does.

Bottom line for a corner is can he cover? Can he get the ball? That's gonna be a yes twice. Dudes got a chance to be really special.

I'd lie too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Dudes an elite hawk with a nose for the endzone and all people want to know about is his weight. Let's just call him 170lbs and be done with it for now. 

He throws himself around more than I'd like and I'm not worried about him trying to tackle, but we couldn't buy a turn over last year and that's what he does.

Bottom line for a corner is can he cover? Can he get the ball? That's gonna be a yes twice. Dudes got a chance to be really special.

I'd lie too.

Hell, I’d load my pockets with 10 pounds of weight so the scale actually said I weighed more and then tell the media that’s what the scale said with a straight face and without lying. :ols:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Hell, I’d load my pockets with 10 pounds of weight so the scale actually said I weighed more and then tell the media that’s what the scale said with a straight face and without lying. :ols:

Load it with tootsie rolls like Darrell Green, so if you get caught you're covered.  :ols: 

8 hours ago, HoggLife said:

He said he was already at 177 and will be at 185 for the season. So there's that. 

Wait, wait wait. So, you are saying that he will be able to gain 8 pounds by the start of the season. 8. In 3 months. 8 pounds. 

That is totally realistic. 8 pounds. 

So, if 8 pounds in 3 months is realistic and still difficult, how on Earth could another 15 pounds during the season, which is brutal, happen at all? 

This "just gain weight" thing is so dumb.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Remember when Jason Sehorn gained a good bit of weight lifting? I think it was post injury, but the weight also clearly slowed him. 

I don’t necessarily want Forbes to gain weight. A lot of people can gain strength without gaining weight. I’d rather see how he does without a lot of weight gain before I start encouraging him to change a lot. 

On 5/10/2023 at 9:38 AM, KDawg said:

Was it Diron Talbert who explained his off-season weight gain by claiming to have eaten two 10lb cookies?