Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

MSNBC is trying to say that Trump is winning because he got ahead of the unsealed indictment and set the narrarative. Trust me, no one is listening to or believing anything out of Trump's mouth unless you have a moldy, rotten, potato for a brain.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

6 hours ago, bearrock said:

In Federal Court (and most states), prosecution must consent to a defendant's waiver of jury trial.

Right. But defense has to request it (I think?)

honestly my thought is it wouldn’t help him. But I have no idea what I’m talking about so …

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Right. But defense has to request it (I think?)

honestly my thought is it wouldn’t help him. But I have no idea what I’m talking about so …

I thought you were thinking along the lines of Trump requesting a bench trial because he would prefer to be tried by a judge he appointed rather than a jury.  If that's the concern, then no worries there as both sides and the judge needs to sign off on a bench trial and I doubt the prosecution would agree in this case.  

6 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I don't see a pardon in his future. They will let this dude rot in jail.

-Then there is still the J6 Stuff. Gonna double pardon him?

-Then there is the Georgia stuff. Gonna triple pardon him?

He better hope he has access to ketchup packets in prison.

Instead of claiming he could declassify documents by thinking about it should have said he could pardon himself just by thinking about it. He is gonna need to to rain pardons. If he drags this out until after the election and if republicans win the presidential race then the president could instruct DOJ to drop cases….

• Haha 1

Had a little road trip this evening with the wife, we were discussing this. And I was talking about that Maddow clip from earlier. 

After thinking about it some more and after reading here, I think pardoning him is a bad move. Even if that pardon comes with the stipulation that he can’t run for office ever again. 

Maddow talked about how throwing a former leader in prison makes us look, like we’re joining a list of degenerate countries who’ve done this. And perhaps we are. 

But in the words of the great Jonathan Moxon, I say **** that. These MAGA ****rockets would be lining the streets and be out for blood if a liberal did this. This is, like, sacrosanct territory for them. ESPIONAGE! TREASON! The very mother****ers with the thin blue line stickers and the Gadsden license plates on their Dodge Rams that want to beat their chest about patriotism need to realize this isn’t a one way street. 

So, I hope they lock his ass up and throw away the key. This is a prime time chance for the Democrats to step up and be tough on crime, because the Republicans don’t think they can. Send a message to the corn pone illiterate ****s who think Trump is a hero. It is a message that will probably go over their heads but they need to deal with this mother****er once and for all. 

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

48 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I thought you were thinking along the lines of Trump requesting a bench trial because he would prefer to be tried by a judge he appointed rather than a jury.  If that's the concern, then no worries there as both sides and the judge needs to sign off on a bench trial and I doubt the prosecution would agree in this case.  

I was. 

I guess I wasn’t assuming the prosecution would deny it. 🤷‍♂️ 

but more I’m just wondering if he’d do it thinking it would help, but it would backfire. I don’t know that judge. He didn’t get any favors during the voter fraud stuff, his own judges ruled harshly against him