Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

This isn't a civil proceeding therefore he has to appear in person for the arraignment. In fact, he has to appear at all court proceedings in criminal cases. He's going to be a busy fellow. Well except for the Zoom meeting where the NY judge essentially told him to keep quiet.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't you worry, he will 100% be there to surrender.

The alternative if he does not show would be them going to get him, and hauling his butt in... as entertaining as that would be.

On that note, I am REALLY looking forward to the inevitable new batch of fake AI trump running from the cops pics. Those things are hilarious and a great application of the technology.

I wanna see a "dont taze me bro"

FrsWiwRXwAAi6Qq.jpg.ef30e7c352b06f081a3644c5cba4132d.jpg

• Haha 1

It's been 3 days and I am sick that Federal crimes are just handwaved away due to cult-like behavior.  The entire GOP leadership is encouraging this cult.  I am shocked that even "independents" aren't tuning this guy and his followers out. 

What will it take to get him out of politics and our national narrative/mind?  

Refusing to recognize election results and causing a riot?  Nope, he doubles down and the cult doubles down! 

Sexual assault conviction?  Nope!  We knew he was like that all the time.

Federal crimes?  Nope!  Hillary and Biden did "the exact same thing".  If we keep repeating that Hillary and Biden did the exact same thing people will believe it. 

I am convinced that Trump's candidacy in 2024 is a Constitutional crisis.  I would describe it as a crisis in our political entities themselves.  That in spite of everything he has done the opposition party (Democratic) still can't muster support.  That even supporting Trump remains a political protest for many people who feel like no one in politics represents them "they are all BS politicians", and supporting him is a strong middle finger protest to both parties (even though he himself is representing one of those parties.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

It's been 3 days and I am sick that Federal crimes are just handwaved away due to cult-like behavior.  The entire GOP leadership is encouraging this cult.  I am shocked that even "independents" aren't tuning this guy and his followers out. 

Refusing to recognize election results and causing a riot?  Nope, he doubles down and the cult doubles down! 

Sexual assault conviction?  Nope!  We knew he was like that all the time.

Federal crimes?  Nope!  Hillary and Biden did "the exact same thing".  If we keep repeating that Hillary and Biden did the exact same thing people will believe it. 

I am convinced that Trump's candidacy in 2024 is a Constitutional crisis.  I would describe it as a crisis in our political entities themselves.  That in spite of everything he has done the opposition party (Democratic) still can't muster support.  That even supporting Trump remains a political protest for many people who feel like no one in politics represents them "they are all BS politicians", and supporting him is a strong middle finger protest to both parties (even though he himself is representing one of those parties.

I read someone somewhere post that over 60% of Independents take these charges seriously.  The cult will never waiver but he is losing those in the middle, the ones who will decide our next President.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

51 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I read someone somewhere post that over 60% of Independents take these charges seriously.  The cult will never waiver but he is losing those in the middle, the ones who will decide our next President.  

60% is an awfully low number.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

He said it the other day, he's not going anywhere.  So, probably until he drops dead.

That said, there's still the aftermath, which, IMO, means his kids are going to be in politics moving forward.  I don't think Ivanka wants the spotlight anymore, it seems that her and Jared want to keep a low profile.  I'm not sure about Eric, but I think Don Jr would like nothing more than to hold office one day and will do what it takes to get there.  He'll grift on his dad's grift.  Unfortunately, the Trumps could be this generation's version of the Kennedy and Bush families.  

But that aftermath is going to carry on moving forward with or without Don Jr, we're never going to get rid of Trump entirely.  There's always gonna be some asshole with a MAGA hat.  There's always going to be a sticker on someone's car somewhere.  He's leaving a giant skidmark on this country no matter what.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

60% is an awfully low number.

Going to depend on the evidence they present and what we see. 

it doesn’t help that officials keeping classified docs is apparently a normal thing. 

it also doesn’t help nothing came of Clinton’s bull****. Or Bush’s, which I believe was discovered shortly after Clinton’s during the 2016 primaries if I recall. 

Hopefully they’re going to have evidence he did more than take them and refuse to give them back. Hopefully they’re going to be able to show he shared them or even tried to sell the information. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

Going to depend on the evidence they present and what we see. 

it doesn’t help that officials keeping classified docs is apparently a normal thing. 

it also doesn’t help nothing came of Clinton’s bull****. Or Bush’s, which I believe was discovered shortly after Clinton’s during the 2016 primaries if I recall. 

Hopefully they’re going to have evidence he did more than take them and refuse to give them back. Hopefully they’re going to be able to show he shared them or even tried to sell the information. 

There is clearly obstruction which is why this case is different.  If there is witness accounts that he shared this info with random people there's that as well.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

There is clearly obstruction which is why this case is different.  If there is witness accounts that he shared this info with random people there's that as well.

Destroying evidence would be obstruction as well. So, that’s not different. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Based on my experience, a large portion of "Independents" are people who don't want to admit they're Republican when you call out the fact that none of the Republican party's policies are conservative in nature or actually address their issues with our country. When you consider the fact that a lot "Independents," are really Republicans in hiding, that's a pretty big deal IMO.

Also, 60-40 is a bigger split than every presidential election in the last 50 years.  If that ends up being the boundary between Democratic votes and Republican votes amongst independent voters, that's not a good sign for Republicans. 

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Destroying evidence would be obstruction as well. So, that’s not different. 

They are going to have to prove he crossed a line for reasonable people to feel "good" about this bit of hypocrisy for sure. But even then.....I think people let the fact that they hate him so much cloud this little bit of wisdom you are spitting. He really is just a man. There is nothing spectacular about him other than the fact he has no shame. 

What's almost scary about this entire thing is that even if they find a way to "get" him because of all this, he still goes out the way he came in; A symptom of whatever it is that is really ****ing wrong with this country. He is not the problem. The problem wont even be acknowledged. And it will come to a head at some point with or without him eventually. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They are going to have to prove he crossed a line for reasonable people to feel "good" about this bit of hypocrisy for sure.

that’s why I’m hoping there’s evidence he tried to sell it… or shared it with an obviously bad person. 

youd like to think refusing to return it to the point it required a raid would matter. But I’m not sure it does, on its own. 

obviously the type of documents don’t matter. I can’t imagine at least. 

i would have much rather the indictment be the one about the insurrection.  Kind of feels like Capone and tax evasion. And while personally I’ll take that - I don’t think it has the sway over the general public it should, as evidenced by the polling so far…