Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

i would have much rather the indictment be the one about the insurrection.  Kind of feels like Capone and tax evasion. And while personally I’ll take that - I don’t think it has the sway over the general public it should, as evidenced by the polling so far…

That's exactly how I feel. Exactly. We will see. I have very little faith there is anything that can be done at this point that will sway the general public from him if J6 didn't. All they have to do is argue that Obama sold secrets for years or something. Its doesn't even have to be founded in reality, obviously. Kinda depressing now that I have typed it out. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

that’s why I’m hoping there’s evidence he tried to sell it… or shared it with an obviously bad person. 

youd like to think refusing to return it to the point it required a raid would matter. But I’m not sure it does, on its own. 

obviously the type of documents don’t matter. I can’t imagine at least. 

i would have much rather the indictment be the one about the insurrection.  Kind of feels like Capone and tax evasion. And while personally I’ll take that - I don’t think it has the sway over the general public it should, as evidenced by the polling so far…

See I do think the polling is significant.  We already know the vast majority of Pubs will support hom regardless of what he does.  But a 60-40 with Independants. A group that leans conservative, is pretty revealing to me.

• Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

See I do think the polling is significant.  We already know the vast majority of Pubs will support hom regardless of what he does.  But a 60-40 with Independants. A group that leans conservative, is pretty revealing to me.

I reject this notion that independents lean conservative, and even if they do, that translates into blind or naive/ignorant support for trump. 

there will always be people that claim independent yet have a track record of always voting one way

but that number should be closer to 80/20 or 90/10. And it’s not. And it’s not because they’re all secretly republicans masquerading as independents. It’s because it’s a weak case, so far. 

im hoping the evidence they present is strong. Unfortunately people have short attention spans. Additionally we don’t yet know the timing of this and how it compares to the primary or general. 

I’m just not confident this will do what we want. 

• Like 1

Regarding J6- Does anyone here expect to see indictments of people like Bannon or republican congressfolk like Jim Jordan? In addition to my obsession with making DJT pay for his crimes, I'd REALLY love to see some high level co-conspirators stand trial.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Regarding J6- Does anyone here expect to see indictments of people like Bannon or republican congressfolk like Jim Jordan? In addition to my obsession with making DJT pay for his crimes, I'd REALLY love to see some high level co-conspirators stand trial.

Expect? I don’t have any expectations. 

I definitely want it. It seems clear to me sitting members of congress and other high ranking people had some role in it all. And I think they should be held accountable. 

But I don’t know that the DOJ and others have the balls for it. 

and I don’t know that the American people have the stomach for it. 

• Like 2

@tshile

I disagree with you.  AFTER the Government politely requested all the CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS back and then Not returning / intentionally keeping the documents / potentially transfering them to New Jersey (I think there is a question of whether documents are stolen) is the type of gross mishandling that Trump was accusing Hillary of -- that many believe threw the election to Trump over Hillary. 

The courtesy of that the DoJ has given to high office / political officials (lately) is: "okay, we found something classified, please return everything and we won't prosecute you."  This is what Pence and Biden recently ran into.  They fully cooperated.  Hillary isn't even on that level because that was CLASSIFIED data in e-mails that ended up on an unclassified server unintentionally -- this is backed up by the State Dept report in 2018 (or maybe DoJ).  

Reality Winner and "joe schmo" don't get THAT courtesy.  If a regular person has classified data in their possession it's pretty much "Go to Jail".  Petraus also got some treatment in between regular person and high office / political. 

Republicans and media proxies  are intentionally twisting the facts and should get called out.  This is not "facts" like policy disputes ie. "we think tax cuts stimulate the economy".  This is facts like "Richmond is the capital of Virginia". 

Trump crossed the line and kept pushing the boundaries.  And after it was INTERNATIONAL NEWS that there were classified documents stored at Mar A Lago plus the fact that foreign citizens were caught uninvited in campus.  That is a huge national security liability. 

Every single politician and news media that is not singing "pretty clear Trump went way beyond the law and this is no different than Biden, or Pence, or Hillary" is LYING.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

Reality Winner and "joe schmo" don't get THAT courtesy.  If a regular person has classified data in their possession it's pretty much "Go to Jail". 

This is simply not true.

It completely depends on the incident in question.

• Like 2

Could you imagine if you were some poor procrastinating sap, and you had to go down to the courthouse to handle some mundane driver's license thing to avoid a fine... and you put it off til the last day, and now you have to go the day Trump must appear?

~Dang

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, tshile said:

i would have much rather the indictment be the one about the insurrection.  Kind of feels like Capone and tax evasion.

We will have that too in a couple months on top of this stuff.

Jack Smith is overseeing two investigations. The Documents case and the attempt to overthrow an election.

They have been working their way up the ladder, issuing subpoenas and talking to people in the J6 case and they are up to Pence and Meadows where a judge ruled they had to testify in front of the probe.

Not much farther until we arrive at indictment city for J6

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Bang said:

Could you imagine if you were some poor procrastinating sap, and you had to go down to the courthouse to handle some mundane driver's license thing to avoid a fine... and you put it off til the last day, and now you have to go the day Trump must appear?

LOL, this reminds of a story from a friend-- he's of South Asian descent and happened to fly back to the US from an international trip the day the visa ban started in 2017.  He gets through immigration with no issues (he's a US citizen) and when he comes out the double-doors, there are a couple hundred protesters wildly cheering every non-white person they see walk out of the customs hall.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Obviously this wouldn't happen BUT if every lawyer for hire turned him down would he have to use a public defender?

Trump would choose to represent himself in court at that point. I mean if he knows more than the generals he certainly knows more than some doofus public defender. 🤭

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bang said:

~Dang

This is funny and all but this is federal court

little bit different of an animal. 

and to that point - a bunch of maga people are gonna find out just how much the US Marshall’s don’t **** around. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

15 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

We will have that too in a couple months on top of this stuff.

Jack Smith is overseeing two investigations. The Documents case and the attempt to overthrow an election.

They have been working their way up the ladder, issuing subpoenas and talking to people in the J6 case and they are up to Pence and Meadows where a judge ruled they had to testify in front of the probe.

Not much farther until we arrive at indictment city for J6

Yeah I know that’s where we are

but I’ve become conditioned to believing it when I see it with this guy. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I reject this notion that independents lean conservative, and even if they do, that translates into blind or naive/ignorant support for trump. 

there will always be people that claim independent yet have a track record of always voting one way

but that number should be closer to 80/20 or 90/10. And it’s not. And it’s not because they’re all secretly republicans masquerading as independents. It’s because it’s a weak case, so far. 

im hoping the evidence they present is strong. Unfortunately people have short attention spans. Additionally we don’t yet know the timing of this and how it compares to the primary or general. 

I’m just not confident this will do what we want. 

Every expert I heard said it was not a weak case, it's an extremely strong care. It would have to be for them to make this historic decision to charge him.  If you look at the indictment that's pretty damning stuff.  

• Thumb up 1

Every expert I heard said it was not a weak case, it's an extremely strong care. It would have to be for them to make this historic decision to charge him.  If you look at the indictment that's pretty damning stuff.  

Damning yes. Strong case yes. 

Far from shocking is his point, I think. Basically he wants something crazy enough to ****ing wake Republicans and people apathetic to this **** up. And its not going to happen. 

• Like 1

you’re misunderstanding me. 

im sure the DOJ has a strong case. I’ve said repeatedly that I trust in their reputation, and I’ve defended them multiple times during all the “what is taking so long criticism”

my point about it being a weak case is the case made to the general public. Which is that it was worth indicting a former president over “mishandling classified documents”

we will see the evidence. I hope it’s very strong and damning. I hope it shows he tried to sell it or gave it to people or something serious. 

I’m skeptical simply taking the documents and not giving them back is going to do much for the general public on indicting a former president and current leading nominee for the next race. 

I think the witch-hunt argument will have traction if there’s not something more serious here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I'd rather see his minions plead to a deal that makes them Fed witnesses against TFG. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2