Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Guy can't keep his mouth shut. 1) I hope that the Federal judge prohibits TFG from talking about his court case in any medium except with his attorneys or court proceedings, 2) penalties for such behavior is spelled out (massive fines/or imprisonment), and 3) we know that he will definitely keep spouting off especially on his campaign anythings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, tshile said:

I am thoroughly enjoying this exercise in exposing just how transparent most people are

youve got a indictment with no details. We don’t know what the charges are. We don’t know what the evidence is. 

yet we got tons of people telling us he’s going to prison and/or guilty of treason. And tons of people telling us it’s a political witch hunt  

I’ve been saying this for a while but you don’t really need to waste time trying to figure out who someone is. If you just listen long enough they’ll tell you exactly who they are and what they’re about. 

I'm confident enough that our Department of Justice isn't so wrapped up in culture wars that I can jus sit back and watch the process play out.

I've grown up being told and seeing what seems like the Feds don't typically bring charges unless they know they will stick...someone earlier showed the outrageously high conviction rate they have.

You're right it feels like some folks believe they have to say something or what they're supposed to say on stuff like this...free country, but yawn...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

What do you guys think is the timeline for something like this?  Indictment, trial, etc?

If he actually gets Cannon it will drag on as long as possible I would bet. No way it will be fast if the judge giving him whatever he wants. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tshile said:

I am thoroughly enjoying this exercise in exposing just how transparent most people are

youve got a indictment with no details. We don’t know what the charges are. We don’t know what the evidence is. 

Well, we do know that (to use an analogy):

1). He's charged with possession of cocaine. 
2). And the search warrant, a year ago, found cocaine. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If he actually gets Cannon it will drag on as long as possible I would bet. No way it will be fast if the judge giving him whatever he wants. 

I expect the prosecutors to appeal any judge decision that's off base prejudicial to TFG based on her past decisions. She's going to be on a short leash.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

9 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That is the best possible judge for Trump.  

I was definitely concerned about that. But Smith knew that was a distinct possibility when he chose to file in FL. So, I’m sure the prosecutors have thought this through.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What do you guys think is the timeline for something like this?  Indictment, trial, etc?

Talking heads on the tv said they don’t think it will be settled before the election. Trump can file all kinds of motions to extend, and has incentives to do so.

• Like 1

Cannon is the same judge the DOJ has been running circles around since the start of this documents case.

Now there will be a massive spotlight on everything done and the DOJ has already proven their ability to predict and outmaneuver.

This will probably add some time to the time-table due to shenanigans, but the DOJ gets what it wants. 

I think it does hurt the chance for a strong gag order, but that might do Trump more harm then good.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What are the chances you think it goes to trial?

For once, not trying to be a smartass here, FYI.  

We should have a poll on who thinks TFG makes a deal that includes guilt of X number of felonies. He'll never make a deal, he's going to trial and hope for a mistrial because the jury can't all agree with a verdict, because there's no time for a retrial before the election.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Talking heads on the tv said they don’t think it will be settled before the election. Trump can file all kinds of motions to extend, and has incentives to do so.

Yeah, he will delay, delay, delay as long as he can.

Unfortunately I don't think any of his followers will suddenly see the light on him.  And I doubt that anyone in his party changes their mind on him being a nominee for the 2024 election, either.  

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Cannon is the same judge the DOJ has been running circles around since the start of this documents case.

Now there will be a massive spotlight on everything done and the DOJ has already proven their ability to predict and outmaneuver.

This will probably add some time to the time-table due to shenanigans, but the DOJ gets what it wants. 

I think it does hurt the chance for a strong gag order, but that might do Trump more harm then good.

A strong gag order will keep everything running smoothly especially with strong penalties for disobeying. TFG is in a whole different ball game now, he has no control although he thinks he does. He's about to find out.

43 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What are the chances you think it goes to trial?

For once, not trying to be a smartass here, FYI.  

He could drop dead from a stroke before the trial date.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1