Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

If Trump documents probe leads to charges, bulk of indictment would be in S. Florida

Justice Department prosecutors are planning to bring a significant portion of any charges stemming from the possible mishandling of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, the home of former president Donald Trump, at a nearby federal court in south Florida, according to people familiar with the matter.

The legal rationale for such a move is that the bulk of the conduct at issue in the investigation occurred in the southern district of Florida, in and around Trump’s Palm Beach residence and private club, even if much of the investigation — led by special counsel Jack Smith — has been handled by a grand jury in D.C., these people said.

That approach by prosecutors does not rule out the possibility of some charges, such as perjury or false statements, being filed in Washington in connection with grand jury appearances or law enforcement interviews that took place there, according to these people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the internal discussions.

A former aide to Trump, Taylor Budowich, appeared Wednesday before the federal grand jury in Miami. Other witnesses have appeared before the same grand jury in recent weeks, a person familiar with the matter said.

If Trump is charged on his home turf, he could face a significantly different jury pool than the one in Washington. Such a move could also speed the path to a trial, said former federal prosecutor Randall D. Eliason, because it could eliminate potential legal challenges about whether charges were being brought in the right place.

Click on the link for the full article

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

It would be interesting if Mark Meadows falls in a sword to take down Trump. I mean, Meadows founded the House Freedom Caucus.  There's no way he is knifing Trump.... 

No way Mark Meadows is doing one more day in jail that the absolute minimum in order to protect Donald Trump.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

No way Mark Meadows is doing one more day in jail that the absolute minimum in order to protect Donald Trump.  

Agreed. These guys are all in it together until throwing each other under the bus keeps them out of trouble. 

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Agreed. These guys are all in it together until throwing each other under the bus keeps them out of trouble. 

It's like The Thing.  They'll work together towards a common nefarious goal, but when one is individually threatened, it'll take care of #1.

Edited by PokerPacker

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It's like The Thing.  They'll work together towards a common nefarious goal, but when one is individually threatened, it'll take care of #1.

Do not disparage the thing like that. It wouldn't spend its time ona **** stick like Trump.  It needs viable, intelligent host.

HTTR!

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Stollen? Lol. Is that real? 

His social media platform needs a spellcheck and maybe grammarly. 

44 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Stollen is a perfectly cofeve word.

Stollen is pretty good with butter, but normally you only see it around Christmas.

72966294.cms

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

TFG lawyers are trying to claim one of the senior DOJ members working on the case offered a witness's lawyer a judgeship. 😂

He's ****ing insane...

Trump: "I offered Judgeships to people for favors, they must be doing it, too!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 6/6/2023 at 12:34 PM, FootballZombie said:

You must have been on the bender to end all benders cuz that is a dangerous amount of time to lose to a blackout.

u35aqw6w.jpg.a2f22beffc5cf50e5d4fd5f2c4ddb5bc.jpg

He did try to put up a fight tho

2ko4mk67.jpg.43829f268e84e0cb14f837082b663035.jpg

He couldn't avoid getting arrested tho...

m5v50m0i.jpg.3df9951640a11680df7dc7e2b13b8e6b.jpg

OK, one of those pics is fake... the others happened a while ago.

I'm a freaking IDIOT.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm on day 2 of a wake and bake regiment.  Yesterday was video games.  I think the news will stay on today.  

If Smith files down in Florida, does that mean I don't get to go to DC and yell at him?

just refresh on your phone and turn on news if it happens. Don’t waste time for nothing

and if Florida then that means Florida trip!

• Like 1

My speculation is this:

Jack Smith will ask the DC Grand Jury to return an indictment on a limited set of charges today.  But it won't get announced today.

Since many of the crimes occurred in FL, they empaneled the Grand Jury there, and will take a little time to present all the evidence to it relating to the Florida specific charges, which will be the majority of the charges.  They are doing this to avoid any legal challenges regarding venue.

Once they've presented all the evidence in FL, they will ask for indictments there, and then will announce all the indictments in DC and FL on the same day, probably late next week, or possibly a little later.

Clearly Jack Smith is into edging.

truck-crash.gif

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well that would make for a rather boring weekend. 

this is why it’s pointless to get riled up. This “it’s happening tomorrow wait no next week wait no next month wait no never” stuff sucks 

That's why I'm taking the same route Buzz is, except I'm getting some chores done intermittently (and no news for me today). 

Everyone is worried about Trump’s indictment. 

Am I the only one worried about @TheGreatBuzz? It sounds like he is going full libtard over there with his pot and video games. 

I’m super afraid he’s going to tie himself to a tree in the Amazon shortly. Hurry, get this guy a gun ASAP!!! He sounds like he really needs some target practice to clear his mind!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1