Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

At this point, I find willingness to represent Trump to be an indicator of incompetence.

Lawyers don’t have morals. 

He gets bad lawyers because he has a reputation of not paying his lawyers 

he must have paid this one in advance. 

7 hours ago, tshile said:

But it should be obvious why filing charges has a higher bar… 

Not to mention DOJ is notorious for taking forever to do things, even in normal cases. It’s their reputation. 

so is getting it right and having a high success rate.

Recall reading years ago that the FBI has never been turned down for a wiretap warrant.  Every one they've ever asked for, has been granted.  

But it's not because the courts are just rubber stamps.  

It's because the FBI does not want to ever get turned down.  Getting turned down for a warrant can lead to precedent.  And they really don't want wiretap evidence to get thrown out at a trial.  

Therefore, the FBI has standards that have to be met, before FBI agents are allowed to ask for a warrant.  And the FBI's standards are (intentionally) higher than the court's.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah, I definitely wasn't making the moral argument.  The lack of paying, however, along with the evidence of the "competence" we've seen from his lawyers lately, is where I base my indicator.

• Like 2

Lawyers have morals. It’s just that one of the tenets is that everyone deserves representation, no matter how ****ty of a person you are, and most people disagree with that. Also, I’m sure all of Trump’s current crop of lawyers have 7 figure retainers (if they are good) or aren’t doing it for the money (meaning, I wouldn’t be surprised if the one female lawyer is trying to parlay it into a political or Fox News grifter career).

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Yeah, I definitely wasn't making the moral argument.  The lack of paying, however, along with the evidence of the "competence" we've seen from his lawyers lately, is where I base my indicator.

Representing the former president against the doj would be an awesome case. It’s not like you go to jail if you lose. And you’ll be on every tv every night until it’s over and maybe for a while after. 

but. If he won’t pay you…

Geez no one liked my lawyers have no morals joke

lame

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

Recall early in his administration, when there were reports that Trump was having trouble hiring lawyers, in DC.  

Had a quote from an anonymous lawyer.  "He doesn't pay and he won't listen."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Lawyers have morals. It’s just that one of the tenets is that everyone deserves representation, no matter how ****ty of a person you are, and most people disagree with that. Also, I’m sure all of Trump’s current crop of lawyers have 7 figure retainers (if they are good) or aren’t doing it for the money (meaning, I wouldn’t be surprised if the one female lawyer is trying to parlay it into a political or Fox News grifter career).

But then again, Trump has an extensive history of refusing to pay people, including his lawyers. IIRC that's one of the reasons that he's had such a hard time finding decent ones over the last several years (that and the fact that he is absolutely incapable of listening to his lawyers advice or not lying).

I would think that by now, any lawyers who agree to represent him will demand some sort of up front payment.

32 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But then again, Trump has an extensive history of refusing to pay people, including his lawyers. IIRC that's one of the reasons that he's had such a hard time finding decent ones over the last several years (that and the fact that he is absolutely incapable of listening to his lawyers advice or not lying).

I would think that by now, any lawyers who agree to represent him will demand some sort of up front payment.

Yes. That is called a retainer. It is very common. 

• Thanks 1

Ooooo

DOJ has permission to make my day whenever they want.

Put 'em in cuffs this time too.

All the other people running for the repub spot can't play the "this is a travesty" card either. They will have to pounce on the blood in the water and point out how unfit he is and how they are the better option.

Total feeding frenzy that will further fracture the base.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Ooooo

DOJ has permission to make my day whenever they want.

Put 'em in cuffs this time too.

All the other people running for the repub spot can't play the "this is a travesty" card either. They will have to pounce on the blood in the water and point out how unfit he is and how they are the better option.

Total feeding frenzy that will further fracture the base.

If it happens its going to be crazy watching them try and spin this as the Dems/ Libs fault. The dummies' heads are going to explode 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Bang said:

Honestly, arrest him and hold him over for trial. If he isn't a flight risk, i don't know what one is.

~Bang

He's got a Secret Service detail.  He's not going anywhere without their knowing, plus as a former president, all his international travel has to be known for security reasons.

Also, he's got a big ego, he'll think he can win.  Plus, if he leaves he'll lose his grift of being a presidential candidate for fundraising, not to mention his whole desperate hope of getting re-elected so he can make DOJ drop all its cases.  

No way he'd be able to keep his mouth shut, so even if he left he'd be easy to track.  But I'd be perfectly happy if he left the country and never came back.  Permanent exile works for me.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Admittedly, I didn't think he'd ever be arrested/indicted for anything ever and probably posted that prediction here a few times. I was wrong, obviously. However, that was a civil trial (E. Jean Carroll) so there was never any risk for him as far as being convicted or imprisoned.

I think he'll be arrested/indicted for the classified documents case and I only say that because the meeting his layers had with the DoJ makes it seem imminent. That's the "once" I voted for in the poll.

The Stormy Daniels payment will never result in an arrest or indictment IMHO. Too long ago, too minor, too many stumbles in the progress of this case. Cohen took the hit and in the long run that's what history will settle for.

I'd say it's 50/50 regarding the Georgia election interference case but I'm skeptical. The recorded phone call with the GA Sec. of State used to make me think "slam dunk" but it's simply taken too long for Fani Willis to get this one sealed up. That call should have yielded an almost immediate arrest and would have done so for any office-holding politician that's not a POTUS. Alas, it was a POTUS and I just don't think Willis has the clout to get this one to fruition.

I don't think he'll ever be charged for January 6, 2021. It's not easy to prove that he knew the election results were legit. I also think that his Secret Service driver's refusal to take him to the Capitol that day actually saved him from future prosecution. If he'd been able to show up on those steps it would have changed everything. He'd have been in cuffs a week later.

Regarding all these cases, they'd better get moving. Once he's the candidate (and he WILL be the candidate) all prosecutorial bets will most likely dissipate like farts in the wind.

But hey- If I was wrong about the Carroll case, I'm willing (hoping) to be wrong about anything else. Even if he's charged in all these cases, MAYBE even if he's convicted in all of them, I still say this country will never, ever, ever imprison a former POTUS. Not gonna happen. 

15 minutes ago, China said:

He's got a Secret Service detail.  He's not going anywhere without their knowing, plus as a former president, all his international travel has to be known for security reasons.

You mean those guys that wiped their work phones to protect him from Jan 6 implication? Gotcha. 🙃

5 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Admittedly, I didn't think he'd ever be arrested/indicted for anything ever and probably posted that prediction here a few times. I was wrong, obviously. However, that was a civil trial (E. Jean Carroll) so there was never any risk for him as far as being convicted or imprisoned.

I think he'll be arrested/indicted for the classified documents case and I only say that because the meeting his layers had with the DoJ makes it seem imminent. That's the "once" I voted for in the poll.

The Stormy Daniels payment will never result in an arrest or indictment IMHO. Too long ago, too minor, too many stumbles in the progress of this case. Cohen took the hit and in the long run that's what history will settle for.

I'd say it's 50/50 regarding the Georgia election interference case but I'm skeptical. The recorded phone call with the GA Sec. of State used to make me think "slam dunk" but it's simply taken too long for Fani Willis to get this one sealed up. That call should have yielded an almost immediate arrest and would have done so for any office-holding politician that's not a POTUS. Alas, it was a POTUS and I just don't think Willis has the clout to get this one to fruition.

I don't think he'll ever be charged for January 6, 2021. It's not easy to prove that he knew the election results were legit. I also think that his Secret Service driver's refusal to take him to the Capitol that day actually saved him from future prosecution. If he'd been able to show up on those steps it would have changed everything. He'd have been in cuffs a week later.

Regarding all these cases, they'd better get moving. Once he's the candidate (and he WILL be the candidate) all prosecutorial bets will most likely dissipate like farts in the wind.

But hey- If I was wrong about the Carroll case, I'm willing (hoping) to be wrong about anything else. Even if he's charged in all these cases, MAYBE even if he's convicted in all of them, I still say this country will never, ever, ever imprison a former POTUS. Not gonna happen. 

You mean those guys that wiped their work phones to protect him from Jan 6 implication? Gotcha. 🙃

Uhh, you don’t think he’ll be indicted for the Daniels hush money? 

I think he will. Probably 34 counts. It’ll probably happen late March/early April of 2023.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Uhh, you don’t think he’ll be indicted for the Daniels hush money? 

I think he will. Probably 34 counts. It’ll probably happen late March/early April of 2023.

Are you being sarcastic or is that a typo? 🙂 

53 minutes ago, China said:

Also, he's got a big ego, he'll think he can win.  Plus, if he leaves he'll lose his grift of being a presidential candidate for fundraising, not to mention his whole desperate hope of getting re-elected so he can make DOJ drop all its cases.  

No way he'd be able to keep his mouth shut, so even if he left he'd be easy to track.  But I'd be perfectly happy if he left the country and never came back.  Permanent exile works for me.

I don't really trust his detail, nor the possible allies he'd have in flight. 
The bolded part is the biggest factor. One grift will replace another, ("bring the exiled leader home" has to have a few hundred million in it.)

~Bang