Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

High chance we sign him along with Jayron Kearse 

Possibly Kearse as we will need someone to replace Curl as he wants Brinks truck money.  He knows the system.  Kearse will be 30 this year so a 3 year deal sounds about right along with needing to draft a flex safety too.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MartinC said:

He started 10 or 11 games this last season with the best QB in the league and had less than 3 catches a game overall. Only 21 catches on the season.

Hard pass.

Stats I looked as said he played 16 games.  So he had a hair more than a catch per game.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Stats I looked as said he played 16 games.  So he had a hair more than a catch per game.

Played in 16 but started fewer. But absolutely - just not a consistent part of their passing game.

20 hours ago, MartinC said:

He started 10 or 11 games this last season with the best QB in the league and had less than 3 catches a game overall. Only 21 catches on the season.

Hard pass.

Yeah can I be honest, I'm one of those recovering Anthony Mix guys ;) I see height on a WR and I start imaginging.   The more I think about MVS the more I think there are much more impactful players, and we can't afford a dud FA WR.  we'd be better to resign Samuel now that I think about it (and that's not a move I've been pushing fo\r sure)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

Yeah can I be honest, I'm one of those recovering Anthony Mix guys ;) I see height on a WR and I start imaginging.   The more I think about MVS the more I think there are much more impactful players, and we can't afford a dud FA WR.  we'd be better to resign Samuel now that I think about it (and that's not a move I've been pushing fo\r sure)

It takes time...you'll be fine eventually.

Groups GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) -- Several teams have expressed interest in trading for Philadelphia Eagles edge rusher Haason Reddick, CBS Sports' Josina Anderson reported on Wednesday. 

The news comes as the NFL scouting combine is underway in Indianapolis and executives around the league gather to scout prospects and negotiate potential deals. 

Earlier in February, NFL Network reported the Eagles gave Reddick permission to seek a trade. Reddick is in the final year of a three-year, $45 million deal and likely wants a raise after two Pro Bowl seasons with the Birds where he recorded double-digit sacks.  

But days later, Reddick responded to the news on X and said he didn't request a trade from the Eagles but understands the business of the NFL. The 29-year-old told Bleacher Report's Jordan Schultz he "would like to get an extension done here at home."

1 minute ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Nice move, mediocrity no longer accepted.

I'm a bit surprised. A tradeback may be on the table to get a LT but who is out there who could step in? I don't think Tyron Smith is the move. Trent Brown is affordable and solid but he is a headcase

• Like 3

That’s surprising, just because he’s one of the only solid pieces on the line. Now we have Cosmi and nothing. We’ll be adding a lot, obviously.

Does that open up cap space? I wonder if they thought his health was only going to get less reliable as he ages 

• Like 1

I think cutting Leno came down to a combination of five factors:

1. His health (he needs hip surgery)

2. His diminishing level of play

3. His age

4. His salary

5. They must believe there are better alternatives (using the draft and/or free agency).

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Nice move, mediocrity no longer accepted.

But now instead of having a serviceable LT to protect the rookie QBs blind side, we have a gaping hole as we enter the offseason, and will need a premium asset (high priced FA or high draft pick) to fill it.

• Like 2