Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yeah top of this really good FA WR will be substantially dwindled by tamper time

The best receiver actually available might be Calvin Ridley, and he and Quinn have a strong background.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't want a FA WR. Especially not with a draft like this.

I agree, especially since we have two vets (terry and Dotson). I’d rather we go with a cheaper vet option and a rookie, but if the FO feels different and we go with a bigger name in FA there are some options 

• Like 1

Gabe Davis stats….

SEASON TEAM
BUF
BUF
BUF
BUF
Career  

GP REC TGTS YDS AVG TD LNG FD FUM LST
16 35 62 599 17.1 7 56 27 1 0
16 35 63 549 15.7 6 49 29 0 0
15 48 93 836 17.4 7 98 35 1 1
17 45 81 746 16.6 7 57 34 1 1
64 163 299 2,730 16.7 27 98 125 3 2
  • Thumb down 1

18 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

I would love to take barkley from the giants and have him take over for Brob completely

Take over for BRob as back up to CRod?

Sure.

But, looks like we're going to be passing it 60 times a game, so definitely not worth spending FA money on a RB.

BRob was criminally misused last year, by an idiot, now out of the NFL, OC. We're not trading for Chupp, signing Barkley or any other stupid idea that will set us back. 

If we sign a RB, it might be Pollard because he's a good change up, but I'd imagine we go for a late rounder who can help on ST.

6 minutes ago, Skins24 said:

Take over for BRob as back up to CRod?

Sure.

But, looks like we're going to be passing it 60 times a game, so definitely not worth spending FA money on a RB.

No it doesn't.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Always prioritize evaluating freak talents, especially when your team lacks one in a specific position. Saquon Barkley stands out as such a talent. Limit Barkley to two years guaranteed (overpay for those two years), ensuring strong support for your rookie QB with an elite RB.

Barkley was Christian Mccafrey to Daniel Jones two seasons ago. 

Edited by wit33
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Getting spicy. Give me ekeler or pollard to run with brob

Jacobs....Bama brothers.

4 hours ago, mh86 said:

I agree, especially since we have two vets (terry and Dotson). I’d rather we go with a cheaper vet option and a rookie, but if the FO feels different and we go with a bigger name in FA there are some options 

I'd take Tyler Boyd off Cincy's hands. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Always prioritize evaluating freak talents, especially when your team lacks one in a specific position. Saquon Barkley stands out as such a talent. Limit and Barkley guaranteed years to two (overpay for those two years), ensuring strong support for your rookie QB with an elite RB.

Injury prone but good player.  He likely gets 10 million plus. I'd rather dedicate resources elsewhere.  The draft is stacked at RB as to pass catching prospects in the 3rd-4th round range

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Injury prone but good player.  He likely gets 10 million plus. I'd rather dedicate resources elsewhere.  The draft is stacked at RB as to pass catching prospects in the 3rd-4th round range

I agree, as tempting as Barkley is he is always hurt....we have too many needs to take on his injury risk. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

Always prioritize evaluating freak talents, especially when your team lacks one in a specific position. Saquon Barkley stands out as such a talent. Limit and Barkley guaranteed years to two (overpay for those two years), ensuring strong support for your rookie QB with an elite RB.

Bro, since I first found out Barkley was going to be a FA, he was instantly #1 on my offensive FA list. I got attacked IMMEDIATELY on here when I first mentioned it LOL, so I dont bring it up, because I have to be in the mood to battle all the responses that come with wanting to sign the most expensive RB on the market. I KNOW its not the smartest, but when I think of having a Barkley & B-Rob backfield for our new QB.....there's a part of me that's willing to chance it.

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Investing in an elite RB presents a prime financial opportunity in today's NFL landscape. Chances are, there won't be a need to venture into a third year of guaranteed funds.

Not saying it should be some sort of slam dunk, but the potential ROI for the cost is intriguing, especially coupled with a rookie QB. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Bro, since I first found out Barkley was going to be a FA, he was instantly #1 on my offensive FA list. I got attacked IMMEDIATELY on here when I first mentioned it LOL, so I dont bring it up, because I have to be in the mood to battle all the responses that come with wanting to sign the most expensive RB on the market. I KNOW its not the smartest, but when I think of having a Barkley & B-Rob backfield for our new QB.....there's a part of me that's willing to chance it.

Plus the added bonus of him tearing up NY on our roster

CMC has been just as injured in the past as barkley and is a year older. Still killin it. If he hit the market today and we got him i’d do backflips

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Plus the added bonus of him tearing up NY on our roster

CMC has been just as injured in the past as barkley and is a year older. Still killin it. If he hit the market today and we got him i’d do backflips

Oh HELL yeah, Giants Nation would be SICK......they LOVE Saquon......

It'll definitely cost us though......Wherever he signs, he's getting at least $13-$14 Mill per season. 

WashingtonRedwolves, would you sign him for 2-3 years at $14 Mill per?

4 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Oh HELL yeah, Giants Nation would be SICK......they LOVE Saquon......

It'll definitely cost us though......Wherever he signs, he's getting at least $13-$14 Mill per season. 

WashingtonRedwolves, would you sign him for 2-3 years at $14 Mill per?

Not if I liked my job

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, wit33 said:

Investing in an elite RB presents a prime financial opportunity in today's NFL landscape. Chances are, there won't be a need to venture into a third year of guaranteed funds.

Not saying it should be some sort of slam dunk, but the potential ROI for the cost is intriguing, especially coupled with a rookie QB. 

27 isn't young for a RB.  Portis for example was almost done at that age.  Been injury prone too.   It's almost a cliche in the anayltics community that you don't give a RB a 2nd big contract -- and Shen the anayltics guy here actually said the same in one of his lectures.

Robinson is a good back.  So basically to discard Robinson for an aging injured back who wants big money seems odd.

But for me more on point with this teams needs -- CB, O line, S, Edge, TE, MLB, am not blowing one of those spots off to strengthen further one of their few strengths,

I recall the Hard Knocks show when the Dolphins were headed to play this team and they didn't seem to respect this offense a heck of a lot aside from the RBs.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Barkley averages 868 yards a year, 4.3 YPC.  I think its borderline nuts to spend big money on a 2nd contract for a RB

If we want to blow off a weakness to spend big on RB #3, I'd go Pollard over Barkley.  Likely cheaper and since he has become Dallas featured back, he's averaged 1006 yards, and 4.8 YPC.

But my desire is doing nada at RB.

They aren't going to get all of this in FA -- 2 edges, CB, FS, MLB, TE, OT, OG, C. MLB.  Something will have to give because they don't have money to do all of that.  But to that point to forgo another spot in FA to add an expensive RB feels a bit crazy to me.  

Like heck OK we will suck it up with Cody Barton again but heck at least now we have three RBs studs instead of just 2. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1