Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Young is considered by some within the team as an addition by subtraction as Standig wrote.  wow.  Grant just talked about that as to hearing stories.  That's the 4th reporter who talked  about issues with Chase behind the scenes.

We saw it last season. Part of it is the scheme though. In San Fran I guarantee he looks great because his job is going to be to run the passer and only rush the passer. 

At the end of the day, we were never a winning team with Young or Sweat. We were never a dominant defense with them. Neither of them reached double digit sacks and between them they have one combined Pro Bowl and nothing close to All Pro.

Yeah they could both turn into superstars somewhere else, but what are the odds of that? I think its more likely Sweat has a good solid career(i.e. Preston Smith) and Young just bounces around the league continuing to disappoint, with the occasional really good season when he can get lucky enough to face a bunch of really weak offenses.

I like that Harris took a cold, ruthless approach. No emotion. No giving an F that both were former first round picks. Lets start dumping guys who were part of a losing operation. 

We sucked with em. We can suck without em.

Just now, Llevron said:

We saw it last season. Part of it is the scheme though. In San Fran I guarantee he looks great because his job is going to be to run the passer and only rush the passer. 

The second he overpersues and leaves his gap and gives up a 20 yard run he's gonna get chewed out by Shanahan and co. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The second he overpersues and leaves his gap and gives up a 20 yard run he's gonna get chewed out by Shanahan and co. 

If I'm them, for this season, he's coming off the bench in only obvious passing situations. Anything other than that is a mistake for them. Let him just crunch the pocket every play. He is good at it and he sucks at everything else. 

• Like 2

Wow, so all season a bunch of us wondered about sweat or payne, or young.  Did anyone have traide both DEs on their fire sale?

But this team is so bad on Oline, even if the D were good, and just worn out at end of games because of bad O, we don't have an O to go to the SB right now.  We have glimpses, but need OL and maybe one more depth WR.  (Possibly a TE, but I don't expect them to find one that can block and catch well)

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If I'm them, for this season, he's coming off the bench in only obvious passing situations. Anything other than that is a mistake for them. Let him just crunch the pocket every play. He is good at it and he sucks at everything else. 

But like...IS he? We haven't really seen him dominate rushing the passer in any game this year. He's gotten some sacks sure, but mostly against completely garbage OL. 

The Eagles threw the ball a TON last Sunday and Young did absolutely nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

You want to talk to me about professionalism while defending an owner forcing his football people to trade off some of their best players in deadline deals?  That's professionalism to you?

Josh Harris doesn’t have football people yet. Ashburn has more ghosts walking the halls than ****ing Hogwarts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Smart move. Bottom line, this defense is ranked 31st. Need to rebuild the defense starting with linebacker. If we bring in a top MLB, draft another in the middle rounds, and keep Davis, next year's defense will be better than what we've seen this season. 

Edited by Daniel.redskins

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Josh Harris doesn’t have football people yet. Ashburn has more ghosts walking the halls than ****ing Hogwarts. 

I mean, I can only think of 7 full time ghosts at Hogwarts:

The 4 ghosts of the houses (Nearly Headless Nick, The Bloody Baron, The Grey Lady and the Fat Friar.)

Then you have Moaning Myrtle, Professor Binns and Peaves the poltergeist. 

That’s not that many. Maybe I forgot one or two?

There are many more dead men walking at Command Central than that….

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

I never said my dislike for him was rational lol.

And I have all the respect in the world for Kyle as an offensive mind.  What he has done in Cleveland, Houston, Washington, Atlanta and San Francisco is all amazing.  RG3 had a great season. Matt Ryan had an MVP season. He has San Francisco's offense humming with Trent Williams and four guys they got at the home Depot parking lot.  

I just don't like them because he has trashed this organization in the past.  Yes, they deserved it.  Yes, our front out office was a clown show. Yes, Snyder was an idiot and a jerk.  But I'm still not going to root for the guy who is trashing our organization no matter how much the criticism was deserved.  Again, I'm not pretending my dislike for shanahan is rational but I also do not want to see him or Trent or Chase win a championship.

No offense but people being willing to honestly trash this organization after they left is one of the main reasons why we finally have a new owner. It wasn’t just big scandals, Snyder was surviving those. It was a lack of fan interest and diving profits that you can trace to a steady drumbeat of everyone from cheerleaders to coaches to media members never letting him off the hook. Death by a thousand cuts. Every bit helped. 

• Like 1

Just now, Conn said:

No offense but people being willing to honestly trash this organization after they left is one of the main reasons why we finally have a new owner. It wasn’t just big scandals, Snyder was surviving those. It was a lack of fan interest and diving profits that you can trace to a steady drumbeat of everyone from cheerleaders to coaches to media members never letting him off the hook. Death by a thousand cuts. Every bit helped. 

Stealing money from the other owners certainly didn’t hurt…

32 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m more afraid that trading them gives us a better shot at being competitive…

I’m not sure if it’s been posted but they were saying on the radio somebody from the park told Standig they thought trading young might be “addition by subtraction.”

Which is a yowza thing to say to a reporter.

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

The team doesn't need a 3 year rebuild. One aggressive off-season with good drafting and FAs should keep the team in Wildcard contention + trending upward. 

I’ve heard it all before.   Maybe Harris will get lucky where Synder failed.  But I am setting expectations for building through the draft with a GM that knows what they are doing.    

I’ve suffered for for the last 30 years.  My expectations for next year will be muted.  But as long as there is a plan in place (not a  Vinnie Cerrato plan), I can ride this out.

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

"The team views the trade of Chase Young as a potential addition by subtraction."

Ouch!

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not sure if it’s been posted but they were saying on the radio somebody from the park told Standig they thought trading young might be “addition by subtraction.”

Which is a yowza thing to say to a reporter.

In some ways it is. He loses his contain lane in run a lot, and gets way too deep on his pass rush. 

We won’t be as “threatening” without Sweat and Young. They are explosive and need to be accounted for. But Toohill, JSW and hopefully the rookies now will likely be more contain and assignment oriented. Which means less pressures and sacks but more assignment football. 

We’ll see. I’m glad we should get to see both rooks a little now to know how bad we blew those picks.

• Like 5