Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

Hated losing chase young to the 49ers...I just can't stand that we traded trent williams and he's back to his goat status, they got cmc back to top rb, and now they got chase young with a different scheme next to his college teammate.

I wish Ron fired Jack and let a new dc see what they can do instead of keeping the same status quo knowing that the 4 dl we have doesn't dominate yet they probably should. And we face them later this year

9 minutes ago, Csup said:

I’ve heard it all before.   Maybe Harris will get lucky where Synder failed.  But I am setting expectations for building through the draft with a GM that knows what they are doing.    

I’ve suffered for for the last 30 years.  My expectations for next year will be muted.  But as long as there is a plan in place (not a  Vinnie Cerrato plan), I can ride this out.

Well of course it all depends on making good hires in the FO and coaching staff. But a GM who knows what they’re doing will not need 3 years to build up this roster. Maybe to become a top top team, but modern teams can re-tool in a year or two.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

In some ways it is. He loses his contain lane in run a lot, and gets way too deep on his pass rush. 

We won’t be as “threatening” without Sweat and Young. They are explosive and need to be accounted for. But Toohill, JSW and hopefully the rookies now will likely be more contain and assignment oriented. Which means less pressures and sacks but more assignment football. 

We’ll see. I’m glad we should get to see both rooks a little now to know how bad we blew those picks.

We should be in way better contain now situations now. Wondering if that could actually lead JDR to blitz a little more

To be fair, I didn't leave the organization, i set fanhood down, and said I'll wait and see.   I think it will get better, but it may take time, we'll see if they know what they are doing, but its nice to be able to enjoy games, even when losing, without realizing it doesn't matter because of who the owner has been anymore.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

Josh Harris doesn’t have football people yet. Ashburn has more ghosts walking the halls than ****ing Hogwarts. 

Like it or not, Ron Rivera and his coaches and front office and Chase Young and Montez Sweat are all real people.  How badly do you hate the guy to not see that?  I don't buy this argument that Harris can be a ****ty owner to Ron because he didn't hire him.  I don't buy into the sentiment that it's whatever because I didn't like Ron.  How are you going to feel when Harris does something like this to a front office you don't dislike?  Guess what, I didn't like the job Ron did either.  But that is no justification for Harris to be a ****ty, toxic, meddlesome owner.

Harris owns this bag of ****.  I don't want to see anyone trying to pin this **** on Ron in three years when they realize what a mistake this all was.

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

Like it or not, Ron Rivera and his coaches and front office and Chase Young and Montez Sweat are all real people.  How badly do you hate the guy to not see that?  I don't buy this argument that Harris can be a ****ty owner to Ron because he didn't hire him.  I don't buy into the sentiment that it's whatever because I didn't like Ron.  How are you going to feel when Harris does something like this to a front office you don't dislike?  Guess what, I didn't like the job Ron did either.  But that is no justification for Harris to be a ****ty, toxic, meddlesome owner.

Harris owns this bag of ****.  I don't want to see anyone trying to pin this **** on Ron in three years when they realize what a mistake this all was.

The next coach/GM will be someone Harris actually hired, so he'd just end up firing him.

This is a very unique situation we're in right now and Harris acted appropriately.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Commander202 said:

I got this weird feeling in two years you are gonna be one of those guys that saids “ why did we let chase young go for nothing ..”

Dude I have been saying to get rid of him since last year. If he flourishes with a different DC more power to them. I will NOT be sorry. Trust me. 

We are getting a 3rd for him so really not for nothing. A 5th or a 6th for him would be considered a nothing though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Harris has acted in the best interests of the franchise, I’m sure he takes no pleasure in removing power from Ron but ultimately he’s doing what’s necessary.

From a football standpoint Sweat and Young had 4 / 5 years to show they were elite, they didn’t, move on

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, CommandB11 said:

Tell me you dont know basketball without telling me you dont know basketball... embiid is good. NBA is driven by guards.

Bruh, Embiid won MVP last year, meaning he was voted the best basketball player on earth…. you should stop talking before you hurt yourself…

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The process has started. I expect more trades next offseason.  Probably only keeping one between Payne and Allen.

I can see Terry gone also. 

They are going blow things up.

Maybe.   But I seriously doubt the examples you gave.  Keim said teams inquired about Allen and they wanted no part of dealing him.  He's a leader.  Similar sentiment about Terry.

Sweat and Chase weren't big surprises.  The defense was ranked 31st.   There have been a zillion stories about them being disenchanted behind the scenes with Chase.  

1 hour ago, CommandB11 said:

Why are we assuming we get a competent GM?

What is your point here, plan for failure? Every fanbase hopes their owner makes the right hires. It doesn’t always play out that way. But what on earth is the point of being glad that Snyder is gone if we aren’t going to assume a pursuit of competence on the path to, hopefully, a search for greatness? I don’t even get the point of your post. This is literally the only time in the past 20+ years you could even have a hope for a competent GM. Are we supposed to assume otherwise in order for your post to make sense? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Ron leaking to The Athletic that Harris didn’t make him do anything bc he wanted to do both these deals lol. Hey, maybe it’s true. But seems to me Ron wants to counter the PR narrative that Harris is the one behind the trades.

image.png.9c09e2ce7b56df6ca26e197c315facec.png

We know it's bull****. He knows it's bull****. What else is he going to say "Yeah, my guy Jack was coaching a defense ranked in the bottom 5 or 10 in most categories. But if I either have to say that we were aligned in these trades, or that we can't coach these guys up. Last thing I'm going to admit that I didn't want to do this because my hopes that if I cross my arms long enough, **** will just start to click and we'll sneak in to the playoffs and win a few games is what I need...."

We can be bottom 5 or 10 without those DEs. I'm trying to think of the last time someone bought a pro sports team and kept the coaches and front office after more than a season. 

My only thumbs down is they didn't trade more guys. Gibson, Jacoby, whoever. 

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe.   But I seriously doubt the examples you gave.  Keim said teams inquired about Allen and they wanted no part of dealing him.  He's a leader.  Similar sentiment about Terry.

Sweat and Chase weren't big surprises.  The defense was ranked 31st.   There have been a zillion stories about them being disenchanted behind the scenes with Chase.  

Have you heard anything about what specifically the off-field issues are for Chase? I suppose it’s moot now but I’m curious if it’s just general attitude issues or something more serious like specific behaviors etc