Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Admiring the fact that it's Jordan announcing whether they will or won't have a vote. 

Isn't that somebody else's decision?  

speaker pro tempore, who has been humoring this too long already. There are Republicans asking him for another vote and he's not doing it. 

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

Admiring the fact that it's Jordan announcing whether they will or won't have a vote. 

Isn't that somebody else's decision?  

I had the exact same reaction.  Although my specific thought was "he doesn't get to decide because he's not Speaker yet....or ever."

Maybe following the strategies from Heritage Foundation rejects and cable news loud mouths, did work. Drowning them in calls from angry MAGAs who aren't in your district or state, not a great move. 

Just because Trump can go after Cruz's wife and father without any consequences, doesn't mean these other folks enjoy the threats and texts to their spouces.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Jordan will now deploy the maga thugs to the holdouts and their families. Going to vote for Jim, or else maga justice will be enforced.

Nah that’s silly or is it. If maga doesn’t get their way, they resort to violence.

11 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Maybe following the strategies from Heritage Foundation rejects and cable news loud mouths, did work. Drowning them in calls from angry MAGAs who aren't in your district or state, not a great move. 

Just because Trump can go after Cruz's wife and father without any consequences, doesn't mean these other folks enjoy the threats and texts to their spouces.

I was about to respond to the first post by saying I kinda hope they do begin issuing threats of "MAGA justice", because I could see threats against those who did not vote for Jordan backfiring spectacularly as more Repubs finally start realizing they can't just keep emboldening this faction of their party--which voting for Jordan would most definitely do. Then I read the 2nd post...

This is shaping up to be one helluva implosion.

GOP before the vote...and GOP after the vote:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I was about to respond to the first post by saying I kinda hope they do begin issuing threats of "MAGA justice", because I could see threats against those who did not vote for Jordan backfiring spectacularly as more Repubs finally start realizing they can't just keep emboldening this faction of their party--which voting for Jordan would most definitely do. Then I read the 2nd post...

This is shaping up to be one helluva implosion.

GOP before the vote...and GOP after the vote:

giphy.gif

Maga will do anything to get or keep power; even resort to violence or threats of it. Trump has conditioned his followers to use violence if they have to.

If Trump gets back in, you will basically see Hitler’s 4th Reich.

• Like 1

I wonder how long Gym will keep trying. McCarthy had less holdouts and it still took him 15 times to get it. No way Jordan can make up all those votes of people who oppose him. I'm guessing they'll end up going the route of giving the interim Speaker more power. Which is hilarious since he's a big McCarthy supporter. The current Republican party is nothing but authoritarian nihilists.

• Thumb up 2

6 hours ago, tshile said:

I don’t know why democrats run away from the idea they removed McCarthy.  They should embrace it:

Yes, we did vote to remove him. 
after 1 of yours put him up for removal, because you changed to rules to get elected after 15 tries last time. 
and we did it because he’s a liar that didn’t uphold his agreements in negotiations. 
You’re the majority but you’re so dysfunctional you cannot elect a speaker. And if you don’t figure it out quick, we’ll have time to encourage a handful of your people to select our guy. 

this stance that they didn’t remove him when they all voted to remove him is dumb to me. 

I really, really wish the DNC would be smart on this one.

Take the Republicans who voted to remove McCarthy, and just run ads in their districts gushing about about how they worked with Democrats to remove McCarthy. How they worked together, how they reached across the aisle, how they agreed and voted with the Democrats on this. Point out that the effort to keep McCarthy was solely Republican, but the votes to oust him came from both parties. Just really push the idea of how wonderful it is that these representative are so bipartisan. Just watch these idiots seethe and squirm as their base is flooded with the idea of these Reps agreeing with the evil Democrats on literally anything. And I want somebody to have a camera filming Gaetz's face the first time he sees such an ad air in his district.

It would be petty and waste some money, sure. But man, would I love to see the Blue Screen of Death brain these Reps and their supporters would get over the idea of them not only working/voting/agreeing with Democrats, but having to spin that into being a good thing, but only this one time, we swear!

Edited by GhostofSparta
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GhostofSparta said:

Take the Republicans who voted to remove McCarthy, and just run ads in their districts gushing about about how they worked with Democrats to remove McCarthy

Counter point

they elected those people idk that you can push for them to vote for a D

I’d rather they court them via their anger at the establishment gop

pitch it as their way to show their way of holding the Republican Party accountable 

remember: it doesn’t have to make sense. It just has to sound good. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tshile said:

Counter point

they elected those people idk that you can push for them to vote for a D

I’d rather they court them via their anger at the establishment gop

pitch it as their way to show their way of holding the Republican Party accountable 

remember: it doesn’t have to make sense. It just has to sound good. 

I think Jefferies should have picked 3 or 4 safe Dems and had them vote for Jordan.  Then have them go on TV and talk about how Jordan cut a side deal with them for their vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4