Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Still...Scalise got shot and he didn't change a bit.

I have no idea how much of their own medicine they have to take before they “get it”

so long as they’re the ones being harmed, I also don’t really care. 

workplace violence is a depressing field to become involved in. The uptick is dramatic and the timeline of frequency and severity correlates to some specific stuff pretty well. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

This comparison is incredibly unfair to monkeys.

Seeing this, I have to double down on the admonition I just posted regarding moose.

It's clear you have a distinct species bias in play. Feces throwing primates are to be respected while the magnificent 

Alces alces gigas are to be the targets of hate speech.

It's not too late to let love more fully into your heart.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

workplace violence is a depressing field to become involved in. The uptick is dramatic and the timeline of frequency and severity correlates to some specific stuff pretty well. 

Collateral Damage typically isn't particular...

I work in DC a couple blocks from the Capitol, I even get lunch in the Hart Building sometimes because you never know who you might run into.

About two months ago we planned to go over there to eat and backed out there was a false alarm active shooter situation there same day.  I keep comments like "chickens coming home to roost" in that context at minimum...

• Sad 2

My girl Jasmine:

Ok… this may be the SPEAKER UPDATE for the day, or not (whew):

1) We didn’t vote at noon, as scheduled—and I have no idea if we are voting today or not .

2) Gym was dropping out this morning & as of an hour ago, he isn’t.

3) Rep Ken “Knuck if you” Buck warned Jordan that there’s more defectors & his numbers will only get worse.

4) Things got a little hot & heavy in the Repub Caucus & McCarthy supposedly tried to snatch Gaetz edges… he is still feeling some kinda way about being vacated. (I’m glad he knows who is the blame when behind closed doors b/c to the cameras he gives a revisionist history.)

Seemingly this spat caused a larger ruckus that sounds like it coulda devolved into its own version of the Alabama Brawl . Lucky for everyone in there… there were no folding chairs.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Seeing this, I have to double down on the admonition I just posted regarding moose.

It's clear you have a distinct species bias in play. Feces throwing primates are to be respected while the magnificent 

Alces alces gigas are to be the targets of hate speech.

It's not too late to let love more fully into your heart.

I think the first part of fixing something in oneself is admitting you have a problem. And I'll admit: I have a prejudice against moose. I'm not proud of it, but I want to at least put all my cards on the table and take a long look in the mirror so I can work on resolving it.

It's just difficult to let go of because for several years I was bullied mercilessly in middle school by a moose name Gilbert DeLovepunch. He used to kick me, call me "fojjll sfsdhhhh ijiho" (I don't speak moose so I just have to assume it was a mean name), steal my lunch money, and beat me every day at tetherball. It left me very angry and traumatized.

Thanks for listening. It means a lot.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

So Gym is basically bleeding support and the Republicans have also essentially nixed the idea of giving the interim Speaker more power. Complete and utter dysfunction.

At some point I'd think the Dems almost have to get involved and work on making some sort of deal. No way for Gym, but maybe for a much more moderate Republican they'd help to back, with other concessions of course.

• Like 1

No, just keep on going on forever.

Gaetz and rest of maga master plan is to destroy the federal government. They want no federal government, just a dictator- their master Donald.

So, they have effectively taken out the House.  Then when mid November comes without a house speaker, the government shuts down.

Maga goals achieved.

Country crashes and gop blames Dems and hopes that powers them to victory in 24.

45 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No, just keep on going on forever.

Gaetz and rest of maga master plan is to destroy the federal government. They want no federal government, just a dictator- their master Donald.

So, they have effectively taken out the House.  Then when mid November comes without a house speaker, the government shuts down.

Maga goals achieved.

Country crashes and gop blames Dems and hopes that powers them to victory in 24.

I think this may be giving them a bit too much credit. I really don't believe most of these MAGAs like Gaetz, MTG, Boebert, etc. actually have any sort of plan, certainly not one as large and complex as what you're talking about. IMO for them it's all about the spectacle. And the spectacle isn't a means to an end, the spectacle is the end.

They're basically the government equivalent of social media influencers who run prank channels or do stupid **** like eat bottles of mustard or bunches of carolina reaper peppers for clicks and views. They have no true purpose other than the attention and to try and make money.

Now, that's not to say they'd be against Trump taking over the US as a dictator. I think they'd be all for it, as long as they still get what they want. But I don't think that's part of any sort of master plan. Not by these numbskulls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1