Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Only if they plan to re-enact the Battle of Gettysburg with live ammo and come back to DC with considerably fewer of them...

Otherwise stay here and do your Fn job, it's almost Thanksgiving FFS, taken a retreat, recess, whatever you want to call it after the shutdown is averted, not before.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Do we have a tally on how many votes he gained from yesterday to the number of votes he lost today? I know the woman (towards the end of the alphabet) who voted for Massie, voted for Jordan today. I know the net is two lost votes, so at a minimum, three people who voted for him yesterday did not today.

I despise Jordan. But I don’t think he’s an idiot. I can’t see how this charade benefits him or MAGA in general. Unless he wants the GOP to lose the House in 24 so he won’t have to follow through on the humiliating show hearings.

I don’t know why democrats run away from the idea they removed McCarthy.  They should embrace it:

Yes, we did vote to remove him. 
after 1 of yours put him up for removal, because you changed to rules to get elected after 15 tries last time. 
and we did it because he’s a liar that didn’t uphold his agreements in negotiations. 
You’re the majority but you’re so dysfunctional you cannot elect a speaker. And if you don’t figure it out quick, we’ll have time to encourage a handful of your people to select our guy. 

this stance that they didn’t remove him when they all voted to remove him is dumb to me. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

“This is the true story, of 221 Republicans, picked to live in a Civil War battlefield, pick a new speaker of the house and have their lives taped to find out what happens when Matt Goetz can’t roam the local high schools, Lauren Boebert can’t go to the movies and people stop acting polite… and start acting real: The Real World Gettysburg”

• Thumb up 1