Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

As much fun as it is jumping from thread to thread to read about this GOPer or this Dem on the Hill, along with whatever actual news/laws/whatever comes from Congress. I'm taking a stab as starting my first new thread in a very long time, and hope that we can put Congressional stuff here for a bit in one spot.

1-us-capitol-dome-leslie-banks.jpg&f=1&n

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

As I said.  This is performative by the hard right.  They will vote in Kevin.  Why do the 20 think the other nearly 200 will change their votes?  Overplay your hand and get smacked behind close doors.  How does the game theory play out?  

Nancy was really good at playing this game with progressives and they were good at playing it enough to boost themselves enough.

I have no idea what the 20 hard right GOP members think they are accomplishing. 

You barely have the House, you don't have the Senate nor the Presidency.  Will you be mad at Kevin because the voters didn't give you all a strong hand to push your radical right agenda?  It's going to happen any time there is "must pass" legislation...

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

He could only afford 4 iirc 

Third ballot then...

Jeffries should start moving his stuff into the Speaker's suite next to the stuff McCarthy already put in there.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 3

Again... how do these 20 Reps not care about holding the party hostage?  Everyone has been pretty polite (I think) but the 200 must be pretty polite not to be annoyed and pissed off.  Go ahead and tell them to vote Present... if that happens it lowers the threshold... 

I think 12 Present Votes will get Jeffries in as Speaker, if that is the goal of the hard right GOP wing.