Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

8 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Going to a 3rd round... Do they go to sudden death or penalty kicks? 

Is that penalty kicks in the nuts?

kick.gif

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Again... how do these 20 Reps not care about holding the party hostage?  Everyone has been pretty polite (I think) but the 200 must be pretty polite not to be annoyed and pissed off.  Go ahead and tell them to vote Present... if that happens it lowers the threshold... 

I think 12 Present Votes will get Jeffries in as Speaker, if that is the goal of the hard right GOP wing.

You're operating under the assumption that these people have a goal or an agenda.  Their only goal or agenda is keeping McCarthy out.  Beyond that, they don't have a plan.  And certainly not a legislative one beyond that.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I don't think the Democrats will do this until maybe a 4th or 5th vote... or maybe even tomorrow; but they could have 25 to 30 Dems vote present.  This would help McCarthy hold the speakership.  

Why would dems want to help McCarthy hold the speakership?  He's outed himself as a traitorous seditionist that didn't comply with a Congressional subpoena.  He can go **** himself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Again... how do these 20 Reps not care about holding the party hostage?

Willing to bet that a large portion of them fully believe that they were elected with a mandate to hold the nation's economy hostage. 

6 minutes ago, China said:

Why would dems want to help McCarthy hold the speakership?  He's outed himself as a traitorous seditionist that didn't comply with a Congressional subpoena.  He can go **** himself.

I guarantee you not one Republican is voting against McCarthy because he ignored a subpoena. Or for sedition. 

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

Willing to bet that a large portion of them fully believe that they were elected with a mandate to hold the nation's economy hostage. 

I guarantee you not one Republican is voting against McCarthy because he ignored a subpoena. Or for sedition. 

He mentioned and I was talking about Democrats, not republicans.

57 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Again... how do these 20 Reps not care about holding the party hostage?

They want to be the Speaker by proxy. Only way they vote for McCarthy is if they get to pull his strings enough to placate them. And they get to gloat to their constituents that they are the real ones with power, not those "RINOs".

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

They want to be the Speaker by proxy

This is pretty much it. And reports that those around 20 who stood up against him this AM were promised they wouldn't be the roles or committees they want, just made them more angry. 

• Like 1

Basically it's:

Repub 1: "Border!! Ukraine!! Border!!! Dems spend spend spend!! They don't care about the working class!! Border!!!! I nominate McCarthy." (loud applause)

Repub 2: "Border! Ukraine!! Border!!! Dems spend spend spend!!!! New leadership is needed!! Border!!!! Ukraine!!! Can't afford!!! I nominate Jordan." (tepid applause)

Dem 1: "I nominate Jeffries. Thank you." (Extremely loud applause followed by chants of "Jeffries! Jeffries!)