Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

15 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

What is going to make the 200 who support him relent?  

At some point they won't be able to pay staffers either (or themselves?).  So this isn't just going to last for a long time without them shooting their toes off.

Because Scalise is basically McCarthy level ****ty also. If McCarthy keeps losing, they will tell him to step aside. He's not going to gain MORE from this unless they listen to Cheeto Jesus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

As much as I love watching this whole shabby spectacle, I still think it will result in Jim Jordan as speaker, which will be a very bad outcome for America. 

Steve Scalise is my bet. Supposedly,  George Clooney has a film ready about how Jim Jordan ignored the sexual abuse at Ohio St., when he was coaching there. Jim doesn't want the job for a reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balki1867 said:

I doubt that.  The speaker's role used to be highly respected but it's essentially become a thankless whipping boy since John Boehner had the job. Jordan knows that, which is why he'd rather hand it to someone like McCarthy and beat up on him instead of taking any actual accountability for his party's inability to do anything.

Also, you mis-spelled Gym Jordan. 

Gym?  What the hell is a gym?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Gym?  What the hell is a gym?

Not sure if serious.

Gym - gym coach.  Rhymes with Jim.  Jordan worked in Ohio State athletics when multiple wrestlers were sexually assaulted by a trainer (maybe physician).  Jordan looked the other way/let it go on.

• Thumb down 1