Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

5 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

What is happening between these votes? Are there members saying they'll vote for McCarthy and then not doing it?

The 19-20 are making demands. Not sure if they are being promised anything. At this point, what else does he have to offer except letting that group run the house for the next 2 years and if anyone tries to stop him, they'll raise a vote for boot him if not given even more power. 

3 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

The 19-20 are making demands. Not sure if they are being promised anything. At this point, what else does he have to offer except letting that group run the house for the next 2 years and if anyone tries to stop him, they'll raise a vote for boot him if not given even more power. 

Thanks. It just seems like they keep taking the vote and expecting to magically have a different result.

2 minutes ago, Metalhead said:

Thanks. It just seems like they keep taking the vote and expecting to magically have a different result.

I think they are doing that because if they stop and nothing is happening, something will also need to fill that silence from them, and it probably would be worse.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

If you believe Gaetz, nothing can be done...

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'd support Dems voting for a reasonable Republican who accepts election results,  wants to work together, etc.  But they should be waiting for the GOP to reach out first.  Maybe quietly let some know it is an option though.

Dems Tweeted that very proposal out yesterday. Even named suggestions. 

• Thanks 1

Matt - "I need your help..." 

AOC - *reasonable proposal that might involve some level of humility 

Matt - "I can't do that, that's beneath me..."

AOC - "Then you're beneath me..."

*end scene*

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Matt - "I need your help..." 

AOC - *reasonable proposal that might involve some level of humility 

Matt - "I can't do that, that's beneath me..."

AOC - "Then you're beneath me..."

*scene ends*

Matt: "I need some kids to defile.  Can you get me an invite the the basement of the pizza parlor?"
AOC: "You're a ****ing idiot."
Matt: "sooo... you'll get me in?"
AOC: "Sure, here's the FBI contact that can get you in.  Make sure to tell him exactly what you're looking for"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4