Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

37 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Ken Bucks neon green tie is fantastic. Retro. 😎

He's still an asshole. Dude was the district attorney of Weld County way back when I lived there.

He's got a kid who's a big "traditional" conservative and a respected Republican political consultant and talking head named Brendan Buck. Guy was an aide to Boehner.

He married some star CNN host (edited correction, it's Rebecca Berg he's married to, not Kaitlin Collins) s  few years back and is often on CNN as a "reasonable rational" goper. And he seems to be just that, never a favorable word out of him for trump or maga land.

At least I think it's kens kid, his last name is Buck. 

😛

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

He's got a kid who's a big "traditional" conservative and a respected Republican political consultant and talking head. He married some star CNN host---i think it was Kaitlin Collins--- a few years back and is often on CNN as a "reasonable rational" goper. And he seems to be just that, never a favorable word out of him for trump or maga land.

At least I think it's kens kid, his last name is Buck. 😛

His time spent as a US Attorney and District Attorney of Weld County didn't go so well. Guys like him talk big about protecting folks privacy while using their powers to violate it.

His handling of numerous cases as district attorney were highly suspect at best if not downright criminal. Such as taking campaign contributions from folks he refused to prosecute. 

• Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

His time spent as a US Attorney and District Attorney of Weld County didn't go so well. Guys like him talk big about protecting folks privacy while using their powers to violate it.

His handling of numerous cases as district attorney were highly suspect at best if not downright criminal. Such as taking campaign contributions from folks he refused to prosecute. 

You mean Ken? Never really paid attention to him. Also, see my latest edit on previous post.🤡

• Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I am shocked. Even though this is what I predicted, I figured they would coalesce around Jordan.  

Same.  In this thread, I predicted Jordan on October 3rd.  I hadn't waivered on that belief until today but, at this point, Jordan seems very unlikely.  

That said, I can't really name anyone that has a better chance than Jordan right now.  

On 10/14/2023 at 1:01 PM, Fergasun said:

If it's not Jordan, I see two things going down next:

1 - There is pressure to cool down and put McCarthy back... this would represent a truce..

2 - If the Jordan supporters force multiple rounds of voting, I could see mainstream GOP members vote "present" -- thus throwing the speakership to Jeffries.

Why?  It's easier to run against a Jeffries led House than a Jordan led House.

Edit:  Either way... I think they can kiss the 2024 majority goodbye.

So, I guess this is still alive.  The other option I heard was empowering the pro-tempere leader.  I guess it seems clear Jordan won't be the leader. 

McCarthy will have to give up concessions because he'll need Dem votes. 

Truly... amazing!

2 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I didn’t hear a speech about Jeffries, had to walk away. But, Stefanik’s speech is exactly what is wrong with our government. Every problem in the world right now is because of failed Democratic policies. Because of their policies, people are broke, can’t afford food or places to live etc….. 

Also, I wasn’t aware that Israel was our closest allie. Learn something new everyday. 

edit: it is also nice to know that living in Texas has allowed me to feel safe because the republicans here don’t let anyone starve to death, go homeless, they have stopped all crime, nobody gets murdered or raped and everyone survives freezes because they keep the great Texas American energy sector going at all times with no issues.

Liked your edit. I'm surprised at Texas viewpoint too, considering how fascist they are. Thankfully my little Blue Dot here in Cedar Park is reasonable.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2023 at 11:41 AM, Fergasun said:

Again... how do these 20 Reps not care about holding the party hostage?  Everyone has been pretty polite (I think) but the 200 must be pretty polite not to be annoyed and pissed off.  Go ahead and tell them to vote Present... if that happens it lowers the threshold... 

I think 12 Present Votes will get Jeffries in as Speaker, if that is the goal of the hard right GOP wing.

Is it live or is it Memorex. 😄

Spoiler

I feel old saying that. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Good! We don’t need teams in the government.

We are here because McCarthy made a deal because he’s weak. 

We need the GOP to start holding their “team” accountable. GOP is going after The Big Huck in Arkansas over the lectern. I imagine it will go the same way as Paxton went through.

She has an announcement today about stopping foreign countries like China from owning land in Arkansas. I imagine that was a save face moment. I agree with it, but it will be a very small reason she won’t be charged with anything

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I feel like Kevin is enjoying this more then me.

I'm quite jelly.

It's hard to believe that's a real photo, I demand that be added to US Public School history books for when they get this point in US History.

It just says everything about this whole mess in a neat little jpeg.  Give whoever caught this a raise.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Same.  In this thread, I predicted Jordan on October 3rd.  I hadn't waivered on that belief until today but, at this point, Jordan seems very unlikely.  

That said, I can't really name anyone that has a better chance than Jordan right now.  

If Trump seriously volunteered, he might not get 217, but would get more than Kev, Steve, or Jim has so far