Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything 118th Congress Thread

@DCGoldPants

Ok, maybe it's just me (as it often is) but.....I'm LOVING this!!

I couldn't have dreamed this up, I couldn't have coerced these retrograde ****s to put on this type of insane public self abuse.

Every day, every single day this horse**** continues it increases the unease in their electorate, every day a few more people just reach for the remote and click in off. Every day someone out there is East Earwig, Iowa shoves their red hat into the back of the closet and closes the door.

And we have another year+ of this trailer trash cartoon.

It's going to get worse.

And it needs to. It needs to get so cosmically vomitously repulsive that even those "safe" red districts start to shift, that even the worst inbred Low IQ/No IQ MAGAs can see that they are the problem.

• Like 6

I totally get how people can believe the Democrats agenda is wrong - they can disagree on tax policy, or how health care should be funded or things like abortion and gun control. Reasonable people can have different views on those topics. They can believe Joe Biden is too old - and I would tend to agree with them (he's only 3 years older than Trump by the way). 

But how can anyone look at the current GOP and think "This is the party under a Trump Presidency I want leading this Nation". I simply don't understand.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

But how can anyone look at the current GOP and think "This is the party under a Trump Presidency I want leading this Nation". I simply don't understand.

That’s simple.  It’s because the current “GOP” is really a neo-confederate/white nationalist movement seeking to destroy the country from the inside out.  And roughly 30% of our population is fully in support of that.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

Ok, maybe it's just me (as it often is) but.....I'm LOVING this!!

I couldn't have dreamed this up, I couldn't have coerced these retrograde ****s to put on this type of insane public self abuse.

Every day, every single day this horse**** continues it increases the unease in their electorate, every day a few more people just reach for the remote and click in off. Every day someone out there is East Earwig, Iowa shoves their red hat into the back of the closet and closes the door.

And we have another year+ of this trailer trash cartoon.

It's going to get worse.

And it needs to. It needs to get so cosmically vomitously repulsive that even those "safe" red districts start to shift, that even the worst inbred Low IQ/No IQ MAGAs can see that they are the problem.

Even if they pick a speaker, the gop didn’t change the rules. So, one person can still call for a motion to vacate.

So, what will be numbers of non Jordan gop votes?  I say at least 30.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

what's amazing is that Jordan's supporters who are tweeting in support of him, can't even lean on anything he's done or who he is as reasons. They have to lie about how he's an effective Representative, a good communicator, a leader, etc. All things that he isn't. He's an arsonist who is most effective for them when he's in the minority and burning those they don't like. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

That’s good to hear. I don’t exactly have confidence that the 22 will hold the line.

Now that folks are saying the quiet part out loud on how they've really been giving the appearance of "getting in line" up to this point, I fully expect it to get much worse for those 22 then it is right now.

Edited by Renegade7

Ohhhh, I think they will hold the line.  

If a Jim Jordan speakership means that GOP representative Smith will lose their election next year...it doesn't matter how many conservative activists threaten them.   Representative Smith will hold the line. Especially when people are already running ads against them for voting for Jordan...

• Like 2

McCarthy gave the nominating speech? 

(This is not what he said...)
"Here's a guy who just took me out with his buddy Matt Gaetz.  Than, he took out my good friend Steve Scalise. Solely because he was so, power, hungry.  I think our conference has figured out, they have figured out that this is a coup - a House Freedom Caucus coup.  I guarantee you, that with this coup, you won't even get what you want.  Let's say we make Jim Jordan speaker.  What will you gain?  Maybe you can shutdown Congress for a week.  Perhaps this means we only have a 10 to 20 vote deficit next session.  Maybe you can go further, maybe Jim Jordan convinces you to shut down Congress for 2 to 3 weeks, or longer.  And for what?  So that now we may have a 30 to 40 vote deficit next session?  You House Freedom morons.  No one wants to be in a Congressional minority.    But, we've already lost the majority.  Because you guys are the "burn it down caucus"  you will lose the majority.  And before I end my speech, let me say that this is 100 percent the Democrat's fault."