Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Browns at Washington ~ Back to Wentz you came & the crowd goes Hog Mild

TK
Message added by TK,

1539609161_ScreenShot2023-01-01at3_59_39PM.thumb.png.e435e9c59efcacf8ce89f8e69af5e40d.png

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

If we lose here I’m cool with Rivera kicked to the FO. He’s a good man, well respected and loves the team and his players. But we need a new coaching staff.

Though if Snyder is still here it’s probably best to keep him because we’ll be resetting as soon as he’s gone anyways.

He'll get another year just because of the possible sale I think,

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, LetThePointsSoar said:

It's my favorite thing ever to watch my team throw a ball 6 yards short of the sticks on 3rd down. I just love it. Love it, love it, loooove it. 

Its fine to throw short of the sticks if you can hit a guy in stride in space and he can pick up the 1st. 

But that pass was complete junk. Even if he hits Williams in stride there's a guy right on him to shut it down. 

Again have to know situations. Its 3rd down. Get the ball to a playmaker.

Our insistence on a freaking 3rd string RB has been absurd today. NO other OC would do this.

• Thanks 1

Former Eagle QBs all play the same here. I see very little difference in the McNabb/Wentz QB play for this team.

Retreads aren’t going to help us long term. I don’t want to trade assets and big cap for a guy. If we’re going to trade let’s get ourselves a real solid rookie to build this team around. 

Im pretty against Carr. But not because I don’t think we’d be better with him. We would. But I just don’t know the viability to build a contender year in and year out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know others have mentioned it every week for months, but does this brilliant offensive coaching staff ever actually lean into Slant routes. Every other NFL team can complete them, we get maybe one completion a game from them. We have WRs who can catch them, but either an OC who wont draw up the plays, or QBs too inept to throw them.

Just now, LetThePointsSoar said:

It's my favorite thing ever to watch my team throw a ball 6 yards short of the sticks on 3rd down. I just love it. Love it, love it, loooove it. 

In some fairness, that was actually a well designed play with a heck of a good defensive effort.  

The thought was still sneak Williams out of backfield in space and clog up the lane for the LB to get there.  

LB made a heck of a good play.  

There's no fluidity or structure to this offense. Every play is just a random play. The good playcallers string plays together. They get into an obvious rhythm. You don't see that here. Its just...messy. Its like watching a Kindergarten paint. Sometimes by sheer luck they put something together that looks presentable but most of the time its just a big case of "what the heck is this!?"

• Like 6

I think we are the only team that doesn’t throw the ball up the middle. Other teams use slants, in routes and rbs out of the back field. We rarely do any of these. We are limited by Turner. He can’t come back. 

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

Former Eagle QBs all play the same here. I see very little difference in the McNabb/Wentz QB play for this team.

Retreads aren’t going to help us long term. I don’t want to trade assets and big cap for a guy. If we’re going to trade let’s get ourselves a real solid rookie to build this team around. 

Im pretty against Carr. But not because I don’t think we’d be better with him. We would. But I just don’t know the viability to build a contender year in and year out.

Please no.  Please don't bring Carr here.

• Like 2

For weeks now when we get to the opponents 30 we tighten up and the play calling creates negative plays, it drives me but because you can feel the transition from running a normal offense into the conservative run game.  If its working keep running it, makes me wonder if these players are getting the best out of the coaches.

Edited by JSSkinz

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I agree. Lets draft and develop one. We whiffed on Haskins but RG3(before injury) and Cousins were hits.

At the very least you get a young with some talent on a cheap contract and then you can stack the team around him.