Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread - Washington vs NY Giants: Round Two. Ding! Ding! Mothaf**kahs!!!

TK
Message added by TK,

1296459415_ScreenShot2022-12-18at11_30_14PM.thumb.png.00b7b0a9cb4052495faf305dc4c24108.png

5 hours ago, Panninho said:

The game was won by the Giants D-line. They scored 7 points from a sack-fumble and created another turnover in the redzone. It's their team strength and they made the difference in the most important game of the season.

This.

Our O-line is terrible in passing downs. TH was literally flinging passes with three Giants in his face all day.

I turned it off after they converted 4th and 9. We had 387 yards of offense and 12 points. How did the O line play? Reading Turner still calling bad plays at the most inopportune times happened as usual. From what I saw in the first half Heinicke looked like he is still protecting himself from injury. Also a bit scared throughout the game. I guess I would be to considering I got wiped out by the same guy from the same side. Chase who? Thibadeaux is a beast. 

Edited by tmandoug1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I actually saw people saying Heinicke played well. If they actually think he played well, they will defend him until they die, because he was ****ing terrible.

He played horribly.  Why Turner didn’t just run BRob more, I’ll never know.  And WTH with a pass play on the opponent’s 3 yard line?  Cost us 6.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I actually saw people saying Heinicke played well. If they actually think he played well, they will defend him until they die, because he was ****ing terrible.

Heinicke is a good guy, but he is very limited as an NFL QB physically and mentally.  He's very small with a very weak and inaccurate arm.  Also, he doesn't see open receivers (or lurking defenders) and he doesn't throw receivers open.  

Unfortunately, because of the O-line's inability to protect the QB, Wentz would do even worse.  He is like a deer in headlights when he is pressured at all.  He actually makes a mediocre O-line look worse.  Wentz would need the 1991 Hogs blocking for him in order for him to succeed.

Edited by cakmoney61
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I mean if he had just completed that interception on 2nd down (edit: 2nd down on the final series in the redzone), we wouldn't be ****ing about illegal formations or missed DPIs.  Yesterday was bad.

I think both Wentz and Heinicke have regressed behind this OL though.  **This is not to defend Heinicke, simply saying an average at best player is looking worse than before...  As much as I want to see Howell this year at some point, I kind of want to fix the OL before breaking him too.

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

I was calling it all night: POWER RUN GAME!

How many of those stupid jet sweep runs to WR did we try that got blown up consistently. My guess is 5 at least.  Those could have been runs by BRob and would’ve been more successful.  The one to Dyami Brown worked, but otherwise it was a disaster.

Turner abandons the run way too quickly for my taste, especially when it’s working. He gets way too cute.

Turner needs to go, he's garbage. Just run the ball dude, run the damn ball!

I will say the media is going nuts over this, even outright questioning whether it was rigged or not and why can't players and coaches criticize the refs. They're screaming for ref accountability. Lets hope we get another terrible called game on Monday night to force this issue.

• Like 2

Defense: Where were Allen, Payne and Sweat? I saw the Giants D-line making plays all night, but hardly anything from the vaunted Washington D-line.

Offense: Man, if this team can't even score 21 points in two tries vs the Giants, then as a football fan, I don't even want to watch them in the playoffs. The Lions are more deserving.

Edited by Wyndorf25
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

These are not jsut directed to this post but all the others like it. 

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

1. The defense sucked tonight, plain and simple. Don't ever ask me to come to your games again, you want fans there, make them want to be there. You guys suck, thats your fault, not ours.

This is absurd. The D gave up 13 points!  Give me a break. Yea, they let a few plays go but no real big plays and again 13 pts!!  They kept them to 316 total yds. If TH didn't gift wrap the TD and then fumble away a chip shot FG the team still wins!!  Not to mention miss the wide open TDs he left out there they win easily. None of that is on the D. 

2. The refs are horrible, pure garbage. How anyone could watch this league and not think its rigged is beyond me. The addition of gambling only makes everyone think that the game is fixed in some way. I've even seen the spread splashed across the screen on a nationally televised game.

Yea, the Refs had a bad day but it should never have come to that. The D kept giving the offense chance after chance. They would drive but then shoot themselves in the foot - mostly TH doing the shooting. 

3. I don't know who decides when we punt or goes for two, but fire that person. We should've kicked a FG instead of punting and should've just kicked the FG instead of going to two. 

I agree the going to 2 was a bad decision. But no one is perfect. But I would actually agree with these two. 

4. Scott Turner is trash and needs to be fired. I'm now officially calling for this man to be fired and off this team. I heard a barf inducing stat: Brob was getting 7.4 yards a carry...7.4! We only ran him 12 times, instead we ran Samuel up the gut. Get this ****ing fool out of here, we can't score 12 points? Cooper Rush can score 12 points, Mike White can score 12, so can Finley and every other backup. I honestly believe that with the talent we have, the most basic of offensive schemes can result in more than 12 points. The playcalling is the main problem here.

Another silly statement. Yea, some play calls may have been questionable but they are calling an entire game. Many times they are setting things upo. The play calling is not the problem it's execution. 

And this brings me to the biggest problem with your comment. You don't blame the main person responsible for this loss - Taylor Heineke!!  He just about single handedly gave them the game. Seemed like he was playing for the Giants at points. Missed check downs, fumbles left and right, no situational awareness, other missed wide open throws, holding the ball way too long. The offences and plays called should have produced 35 pts or more but Taylor left them out thier due to his inept bumbling. 

They milked this nice little story as much as p[ossible. It's time to sit him down. Howell, Wentz, even Logan Thomas would be better at this point. Tress Way can spin it some! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is absurd. The D gave up 13 points!  Give me a break. Yea, they let a few plays go but no real big plays and again 13 pts!!  They kept them to 316 total yds. If TH didn't gift wrap the TD and then fumble away a chip shot FG the team still wins!!  Not to mention miss the wide open TDs he left out there they win easily. None of that is on the D. 

Yea, the Refs had a bad day but it should never have come to that. The D kept giving the offense chance after chance. They would drive but then shoot themselves in the foot - mostly TH doing the shooting. 

I agree the going to 2 was a bad decision. But no one is perfect. But I would actually agree with these two. 

Another silly statement. Yea, some play calls may have been questionable but they are calling an entire game. Many times they are setting things upo. The play calling is not the problem it's execution. 

And this brings me to the biggest problem with your comment. You don't blame the main person responsible for this loss - Taylor Heineke!!  He just about single handedly gave them the game. Seemed like he was playing for the Giants at points. Missed check downs, fumbles left and right, no situational awareness, other missed wide open throws, holding the ball way too long. The offences and plays called should have produced 35 pts or more but Taylor left them out thier due to his inept bumbling. 

They milked this nice little story as much as p[ossible. It's time to sit him down. Howell, Wentz, even Logan Thomas would be better at this point. Tress Way can spin it some! 

A silly statement? Can you explain why BRob got only 12 carries?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, Panninho said:

I am not saying that loss in on the defense or the D-line per se. But this is the strength of our team, this is where we are supposed to dominate and make the difference. If we want to put this loss on someone we got to put it on the offense, 12 points obviously do not cut it in the NFL. But we knew that we can't rely on the offense to score points. We knew that if we want to win, the defense and more specirfically the D-line will have to lead us.

And it's not like it is a tough ask. The Giants have allowed the 4th most sacks, their interior O-line might be the worst in the league, yet we couldn't get anything going against them in the passing game.

The game was won by the Giants D-line. They scored 7 points from a sack-fumble and created another turnover in the redzone. It's their team strength and they made the difference in the most important game of the season.

It's disappointing. And once again, I am not saying that this loss is on them at all, but I had hope that they would come out and dominate.

We know that we can't rely on the offense to score many points, but at the same time it's completely unrealistic to expect your defense to hold most teams to single digits, especially in the modern pass happy high scoring NFL. The Giants aren't exactly what I'd call a prolific offense, but they've been averaging a bit over 20 points per game. A defense holding them to 13 points is mostly doing their job.

I'm not saying the defense played amazing or that the long drive then allowing Barkley to run down their throats on that late drive weren't disappointing, but them holding the Giants to 13 points is still mostly holding up their end of the bargain.

Yes the defense didn't play amazing. Yes the refs botched a couple of calls. But none of that changes the fact that our offense is awful.

2 minutes ago, method man said:

A silly statement? Can you explain why BRob got only 12 carries?

Because they got behind the chains too many times. Not to n m e ruin best drive of the game was the more balanced drive after half time.  Can’t just sit run all games all the time.  Giants were sitting on that.  

4 hours ago, Drock_VB said:

2 weeks to prepare for this game and to play like that on offense was seriously frustrating.   This bipolar $@$&@ team is so freaking hard to be a fan of. 

For any Ron defenders: do you really need anymore evidence that he's a mediocre coach at best?

- 3 weeks to prepare for the same team that has a worse roster and you lay an egg.  VERY Norv Turner

- Can't get your team to start the season even luke warm for the 3rd year here, and for a bunch of years including in Carolina

- Preaching and countless speeches about the importance of line play in the NFL for success and yet you put a pathetic effort into the O line, KNOWING you have no QB

- He's outreached more often than otherwise

- He's one of the worst in-game coaches in the NFL.  

- He's 3 years in and his team is barely even marginally better than in Year 1

- 3 years in and he gets outcoached by a first year HC with a worse roster

Ron the man is a wonderful human being.  His players love the man he is and how he treats them with respect.  I wish all coaches possessed these qualities.  But you need to be more than this as a HC.  And much, much more as a HC/FO dude.  

Ron's a lame duck coach next year more than likely in the event of a sale.  It'll be a wasted year for sure even if Snyder keeps the team.  I know we just gotta swallow it but I'm to the point that I just can't stand looking at him and listening to his post game pressers, like last night's, trying to defend punting from the Giants' 34 yard line.  Just an unbelievable decision.

1. The defense sucked tonight, plain and simple. Don't ever ask me to come to your games again, you want fans there, make them want to be there. You guys suck, thats your fault, not ours.

2. The refs are horrible, pure garbage. How anyone could watch this league and not think its rigged is beyond me. The addition of gambling only makes everyone think that the game is fixed in some way. I've even seen the spread splashed across the screen on a nationally televised game.

3. I don't know who decides when we punt or goes for two, but fire that person. We should've kicked a FG instead of punting and should've just kicked the FG instead of going to two. 

4. Scott Turner is trash and needs to be fired. I'm now officially calling for this man to be fired and off this team. I heard a barf inducing stat: Brob was getting 7.4 yards a carry...7.4! We only ran him 12 times, instead we ran Samuel up the gut. Get this ****ing fool out of here, we can't score 12 points? Cooper Rush can score 12 points, Mike White can score 12, so can Finley and every other backup. I honestly believe that with the talent we have, the most basic of offensive schemes can result in more than 12 points. The playcalling is the main problem here.

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Because they got behind the chains too many times. Not to n m e ruin best drive of the game was the more balanced drive after half time.  Can’t just sit run all games all the time.  Giants were sitting on that.  

This.

Heinicke also shot the offense in the foot by not keeping on RO plays.  Hopefully that puts the nail in the coffin for those clamoring for more of that.  He stinks at that, the one time he kept it though it went for a 1st down+.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

True the O needs to do much, much, better...but what happened to our Super Bowl Caliber defense? This is the biggest game of the season thus far, a home game that they BEGGED us to show up to cheer them on. Now tell me, do you honestly think they played well? You think they played well enough to win this game?

We're just going to have to agree to disagree with the playcalling. Turner either can't or won't adjust and when he does, its only good for one drive and we putter out. You can say he needs his franchise QB or whatever, but that still doesn't explain why he isn't calling plays to our players strength.

I didn't mention TH because he was an obvious reason as to why we lost as well, but he's a backup, I never expected him to do too much anyways. Which brings me to my next point, you have Brob, he's running at 7.4 yards a carry, give him the ****ing ball. So 3 yards a carry is good enough for us to put on the Eagles to win, but 7.4 isn't good enough to beat the Giants? 

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You don't have to do it all the time, but definitely more than we did.