Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Minnesota at Washington ~ This one has everything....From A to Z :)

TK
Message added by TK,

1862862785_ScreenShot2022-11-06at4_11_36PM.thumb.png.13d6d1e064b37e0f429f336d22618b52.png

I’ve read a lot of stuff, and don’t expect most fans here to be positive about Cousins, particularly after losing to him, but that he was only 1 grade better than Heinicke today is an absolutely criminal take.

I don’t know how you could watch our Dline live in the backfield for 3 quarters plus, and even try to compare which QB had the more daunting task in front of them.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

9 minutes ago, wit33 said:

It was clear as day to me they were headed sane direction with Wentz before his injury. He was going to be relegated to similar role we are witnessing with Heineke. You don’t pay 13% of the cap for this type of QB—it’s often a mediocre model chosen by coaches and FOs to maintain million dollar and 6 figure salaries. I’m actually okay with this kind of QB while looking for a Mahomes or Allen, but you must pay them 3-6% of the cap. Be the team to pay Tannenhill 10-15mil next year and draft a 1st round QB. 

I don’t known what Wentz will look like behind a better OL.  I think we have to remember when he played, Rouiller and Schweitzer went out early, Turner couldn’t play, and Larsen was on the PUP and Martin was starting at center.  

The OL hasn’t been lights out since, but they’ve been a lot better.  Wentz was getting immediate interior pressure because all three of Norwell, Martin and Turner were on ice skates on just about every play and he does not have the escapability to get out of trouble.

I have no problem dumping Wentz next year and going an entirely different direction.  But I wouldn’t come close to considering TH as part of that calculus.  Unless you’re actively looking to tank.  In which case, sure, it doesn’t actually really matter but you’re just wasting the defense and McLaurin at that point.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve read a lot of stuff, and so don’t expect most fans here to be positive about Cousins, particularly after losing to him, but that he was only 1 grade better than Heinicke today is criminal.

I don’t know how you could watch our Dline live in the backfield for 3 quarters plus, and even try to compare which QB had the more daunting task in front of them.

I didn't think Turner was that bad today. At least not in a way that was completely obvious.

Our Oline didn't look all that bad either, especially in the second half. They weren't great or even good, but they gave some time.

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve read a lot of stuff, and so don’t expect most fans here to be positive about Cousins, particularly after losing to him, but that he was only 1 grade better than Heinicke today is criminal.

He kept picking himself up and making plays.  He missed a few.  Yeh one INT he threw was a good ball, but a better defensive play.  

I don’t know what grade I would give him but probably in the C+\B- range.  

TH was an D-.  The 4 good plays I have referenced earlier elevate him from F to D-.

9 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Unless this D gives up under 14 for the rest of the season, we are not going to the playoffs with Heinicke. I would see what you have with Howell. 

Of course the only problem is that Heinicke has people drinking Kool Aid because of that Tampa playoff game, including teammates. 

Nah man, I think most athletes are wired to embrace the now and back a good dude. To a man, if asked privately about long term QB situation the players would share a need to find a long term answer, IMO. I’m pro Heineke for the now because it’s an easy guy to root for and don’t have a strong feeling other QBs on roster. No interest in him being the guy long term. 

Side note: The team should be using him like a dual threat QB, run him into the ground. Who cares about the next game, you must play every game like it’s his last to get the best out of him. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I didn't think Turner was that bad today. At least not in a way that was completely obvious.

Our Oline didn't look all that bad either, especially in the second half. They weren't great or even good, but they gave some time.

I thought it was a solid gameplan also, except for that one redzone where all the plays were horizontal laterals or reverses. Also he relies on the shotgun run thing too much. It does not benefit the playaction game nearly enough, need more under center today to slow down the rush. Just my armchair OC opinion 

Curtis samuel is such a great #2/#3 wr. Just dangerous and is a pure RB when he has the ball just tiny

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Completely agree. The line is playing impressive football and that's without Chase, Wise and Toohill. Davis looks great. I'm not high on McCain, but our safeties look great. 

I'm still not out completely on Wentz even though he looked bad. Middle of the line needs a major investment, but restructure Wentz to a reasonable deal, another year of Heini and Howell wouldn't upset me. Offense hs more than enough weapons.

I like this defense a lot. D line finally living up to its hype among other things.

I think I am pretty sold off Wentz based on what I’ve seen because his lack of mobility seems evident and I think the Eagles have it right in going with a cheap young QB. Wentz at 27 million seems outlandish to me at this point 

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think Turner calls his best games with Heinicke, and that’s not a compliment to him.  But he does call a game designed to minimize the damage the offense can do. He will keep running it and just plod down the field.

Lucas certainly could have had a better day today.

But our Dline was rabid from the moment the Vikes lost their center and were impacting a lot of the throws Kirk had to make.  They didn’t make it easy on him at all. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think they’re going to have to tag him until the ownership situation is resolved. 

Agreed, no way he gets an LTS mid-ownership change.  

Another reason I'm not buying Taylor coming back. I don't see how Howell could be that much worse for way less against the cap that we need for the oline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

the Eagles have it right in going with a cheap young QB.

Agree, but we may not have an option.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think Turner calls his best games with Heinicke, and that’s not a compliment to him.  

Malek Willis is about to get his first start and it's against the Chiefs.

Kind of excited to see what happens.

It’s normal for a team to rally around a QB after a win, for those here who think there’s something magical about the way Heinicke’s teammates celebrate with him. Kirk is one of the most bland guys in the league and a noted quiet “not Alpha leader” type QB, but he’s got swagger here after a W lol 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I want you to come out and say "If we had Aaron Rodgers we wouldn't be a better offense than with Taylor Heinicke"

I just want to hear you say it.

Im not stupid. Im just pointing out that when you have an awful

oline a wentz style qb cant win. We need a mobile qb with all our issues on the line, and if you have paid attention i have stated since wentz was injured that unless we win every game taylor starts howell should be in after game 2. 

17 minutes ago, Conn said:

It’s normal for a team to rally around a QB after a win, for those here who think there’s something magical about the way Heinicke’s teammates celebrate with him. Kirk is one of the most bland guys in the league and a noted quiet “not Alpha leader” type QB, but he’s got swagger here after a W lol 

That used to be my quarterback 😢😢😢

• Like 1

Bottom line this team can't win with Heineken quarterback at least not consistently and not against good teams. Heineken can run but he can't throw when's can throw but he can't run that being said after the Philadelphia game it's probably time to get Powell a shot he can run and he can throw something the other two can't do collectively

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

As long as we are at FedEx, new owners or not, that visitors side lower bowl is ALWAYS gonna be filled with opposing fans. 

A new stadium needs to limit the number of upper deck rows or not have the UL pushed up so high due to multiple suite levels and a club level that is too big.

I'm not understanding why that would be. (Admittedly, I've never looked into buying NFL tickets. Almost every game I've gone to, the tickets were given to me, or someone else in my group did the buying for all of us.) If there was a renewed interest by fans in buying season tickets, wouldn't ALL the seats in the lower bowl be available before fans of other teams could buy them?  

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I'm not understanding why that would be. (Admittedly, I've never looked into buying NFL tickets. Almost every game I've gone to, the tickets were given to me, or someone else in my group did the buying for all of us.) If there was a renewed interest by fans in buying season tickets, wouldn't ALL the seats in the lower bowl be available before fans of other teams could buy them?  

Brave, my suspicion is that a lot of the 100 level seats on the visitors side are owned by larger government or corporate entities. When the stadium first opened, it wasn't that long after the Skins dynasty era and there were probably enough Skins fans working for those organizations that you were able to sustain those sections being populated with Skins fans. However, as time has gone on, the team has been poor, and the stadium experience is less attractive, those seats will be snatched up by employees who are fans of whoever the opposing team is. Remember, this was the first Viking visit to FedEx since 2017.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What did people think of the penalty on the pick 6? Good call or not? I was at the game, people behind me were booing the ref. Wanted to get opinions from people here 

Juice was hugging him and keeping him turned away from the pass. Easy call.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Brave, my suspicion is that a lot of the 100 level seats on the visitors side are owned by larger government or corporate entities. When the stadium first opened, it wasn't that long after the Skins dynasty era and there were probably enough Skins fans working for those organizations that you were able to sustain those sections being populated with Skins fans. However, as time has gone on, the team has been poor, and the stadium experience is less attractive, those seats will be snatched up by employees who are fans of whoever the opposing team is. Remember, this was the first Viking visit to FedEx since 2017.

Ok, thank you for making some sense of it for me. As much as I love football, I kind of prefer to watch it on TV than make an expensive day of it at the game, so I don't know all the logistical stuff. DC is unique in that so many people go there from other regions for work and/government service, and the team's drop off in quality means a lot of people moving there aren't adopting the team as their own. 

• Thumb up 1

I thought the call was weaksauce.  Seemed like both players were engaged and hand fighting/jockeying for position so if you were going to call some kind of interference, then throw it on both and replay the down.  BSJ is completely turned towards the QB/ball and in position, it's not like he was beat and holding the WR to prevent a big pass.   Got to let them play.

Guarantee next Monday if you see Slay do the same thing to McLaurin it isn't getting flagged.

Edited by NoCalMike