Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Minnesota at Washington ~ This one has everything....From A to Z :)

TK
Message added by TK,

1862862785_ScreenShot2022-11-06at4_11_36PM.thumb.png.13d6d1e064b37e0f429f336d22618b52.png

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve read a lot of stuff, and don’t expect most fans here to be positive about Cousins, particularly after losing to him, but that he was only 1 grade better than Heinicke today is an absolutely criminal take.

I don’t know how you could watch our Dline live in the backfield for 3 quarters plus, and even try to compare which QB had the more daunting task in front of them.

I'm not comparing the task, I'm comparing the reaction to the task, based on seeing some people complaining about Heinicke holding the ball or taking hits when Cousins did the same on numerous plys

2 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I wish we had a challenge on the A. Thelin fumble. They got a field goal and it made the score 17-10. We wasted it on that Henike run. Thelin looked like he fumbled that ball.

That’s what people around me said too. Maybe they were right. Maybe they were wrong. Idk

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I wish we had a challenge on the A. Thelin fumble. They got a field goal and it made the score 17-10. We wasted it on that Henike run. Thelin looked like he fumbled that ball.

we still had a challenge and  a timeout.  We'd have lost it The ground can't cause a fumble and that's what knocked the ball loose

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomwvr said:

Im not stupid. Im just pointing out that when you have an awful

oline a wentz style qb cant win. We need a mobile qb with all our issues on the line, and if you have paid attention i have stated since wentz was injured that unless we win every game taylor starts howell should be in after game 2. 

Then why did you specifically bring up Rodgers and make it sound like he'd be just as bad as Heinicke on our team?

Edited by mistertim

I can't complain about Turner at all as long as TH is his QB.

Scott knows dang well he can't trust TH and calls the game accordingly

The opposing D knows that as well.

All Scott can do is run the absolute turkey stuffing outta the ball against a D that knows that is all he can do. Loaded fronts and big boy packages galore.

The fact that Scott can have any kind of consistent running O in this environment is amazing.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I thought the call was weaksauce.  Seemed like both players were engaged and hand fighting/jockeying for position so if you were going to call some kind of interference, then throw it on both and replay the down.  BSJ is completely turned towards the QB/ball and in position, it's not like he was beat and holding the WR to prevent a big pass.   Got to let them play.

Guarantee next Monday if you see Slay do the same thing to McLaurin it isn't getting flagged.

It was a good call. However, they kinda went back and forth on what they were calling Juice on. The TD pass he broke up could have easily been called.

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I can't complain about Turner at all as long as TH is his QB.

Scott knows dang well he can't trust TH and calls the game accordingly

The opposing D knows that as well.

All Scott can do is run the absolute turkey stuffing outta the ball against a D that knows that is all he can do. Loaded fronts and big boy packages galore.

The fact that Scott can have any kind of consistent running O in this environment is amazing.

if he really doesn't trust TH why run a double reverse flea flicker?  Why put the ball back in his hands when you've taken away two receivers from routes and basically asked most of the defense to converge on the spot where the QB is.  Why call a pass play on 4th and 1.  He got a 1 yard TD the week before on  a sneak, and if you don't trust him against the Vikings line, Thomas and Rogers can take snaps

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

That definitely would have been a Ron type of call, because we'd have lost it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Capsman said:

Cousins was infinitely better than Heinicke and under even more pressure.  

Of course he is. No one should deny that.

But that doesn't mean our OL does not sucks. It's terrible even with a mobile QB like TH. Same with Wentz, only that guy had the mobility of a tree.

And yes, our DL had a pretty good game, all things considered.

Edited by El Mexican
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

What's at least as ridiculous is the flat out excuse making for anything Heinicke does, no matter how bad.

No excuses for TH, bro. Wentz had an even worse time behind this OL. That's the constant here, hence my comment.

I don't consider it hyperbole. 

You plug a rook QB in there and the organization is basically sending him to his premature retirement. It's that bad. 

Scherff was a massive loss, as everyone knew it would be, except our FO of course.

1 hour ago, El Mexican said:

Of course he is. No one should deny that.

But that doesn't mean our OL does not sucks. It's terrible even with a mobile QB like TH. Same with Wentz, only that guy had the mobility of a tree.

And yes, our DL had a pretty good game, all things considered.

Dline was elite and dominated the game.  Have to be encouraged by the defense overall. Resign Payne!!!!

To Cousins credit, he made a few elite throws at critical points in the game. The Heineke INT bailed them out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrJL said:

if he really doesn't trust TH why run a double reverse flea flicker?  Why put the ball back in his hands when you've taken away two receivers from routes and basically asked most of the defense to converge on the spot where the QB is.  Why call a pass play on 4th and 1.  He got a 1 yard TD the week before on  a sneak, and if you don't trust him against the Vikings line, Thomas and Rogers can take snaps

Turner did everything in his power to prevent TH from depth charging this game. He was mitigated to the smallest possible role and easiest possible throws. We again ran the air outta the ball even tho we were facing a team whose defensive strengths scream to be attacked via the pass.

TH still found a way to have a bunch of turnover worthy plays, hung his pass catchers out to dry for hit sticks and remains allergic to running the ball himself.

• Thumb down 1

5 hours ago, MrJL said:

I'm not comparing the task, I'm comparing the reaction to the task, based on seeing some people complaining about Heinicke holding the ball or taking hits when Cousins did the same on numerous plys

Cousins was under relentless pressure from our DL, as they also shut down Cook.  There’s a reason Payne said he earned his respect for taking a beating like that and still delivering strikes.

Meanwhile, your boy facing less pressure, throws shy of a buck fifty, with 50 of those coming on a blooper reel bomb he “threw into a Vikings team meeting”.

If you don’t want to give Cousins any props - that’s fine, but to pretend he was marginally better than Heinicke is certifiably insane.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MrJL said:

we still had a challenge and  a timeout.  We'd have lost it The ground can't cause a fumble and that's what knocked the ball loose

It felt super bang bang, imo, more likely to be overturned then the play we were obviously short.  I can see the case the fumble play isn't overturned in our favour, the feel I and others had (and getting sense here) is THAT'S the play we should've challenged, but losing the first one is why we didn't even try.

12 hours ago, wit33 said:

Dline was elite and dominated the game.  Have to be encouraged by the defense overall. Resign Payne!!!!

To Cousins credit, he made a few elite throws at critical points in the game. The Heineke INT bailed them out. 

Yep. That's the game in a nutshell.

Not re-signing Payne would be an absolute travesty.

He's gonna cost big bucks but everyone with two eyes can see he's worth it.

Edited by El Mexican
Grammar
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Colts fired Frank Reich today after going 3-5.  So can we fire Scott Turner and if Rivera refuses to fire him just fire him too?  Let the new owner get a decent 

General Manager in here who knows something about the NFL and football.  Remember Ron- NFL stands for NOT FOR LONG.

I don't think so.  I remember back when Joe Gibbs first retired, him waiting till March was a big part of Petibon getting the job and the earliest we're getting a new owner is March

16 hours ago, mistertim said:

Then why did you specifically bring up Rodgers and make it sound like he'd be just as bad as Heinicke on our team?

I was pointing out that even a hof qb has problems when their oline stinks. 
its pretty clear, hell look at the rams this year tons of issues with their oline and stafford looks horrible. Our oline if at last years level would be very good for wentz. But its not even close to that