Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Minnesota at Washington ~ This one has everything....From A to Z :)

TK
Message added by TK,

1862862785_ScreenShot2022-11-06at4_11_36PM.thumb.png.13d6d1e064b37e0f429f336d22618b52.png

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No z, you don't get to hang any of this on the defense. Not one single drive.

Agree on the defense.

lol, i don't understand how some don't absorb this as part of the equation.

A.  We got a great pass rush WITHOUT playing with leads.  That's really really hard to do.   Pass rush feeds off of leads because teams have to throw to catch up.  Instead teams can keep a balanced offense against our defense all game long.

B.  When you are on the field all game long, you get tired.

C.  When you are always on the field you are going to give up more yards and points

D.  When your QB throws picks you have to defend a short field.

This defense IMO in the context of the offense has been amazing

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Today we needed two. The QB for 99% of the game and the ST guy who jumped for one play.

Even still as a whole we are still not a playoff team. This year the money should have been spend on both sides of the lines, like I said in the offseason, and then drop in your franchise QB. But with the sale of the team I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

One thing to point out:  the TOP was absolutely even. We actually won it by 47 seconds.  

I give Scott Turner a lot of credit for this: he runs the ball a bunch and keeps the TOP close when TH is playing.

The problem is the defense is asked to be absolutely perfect.  They can’t give up anything because the ceiling is ~20 points. There is no down field passing or quick stroke to speak of.  Everything is underneath and is, for lack of a better term, “hard.”

They had the game in hand until TH gave the Vikings life with the pick and shirt field.

You just can’t try to win games 17-15 every week.  It’s exhausting and just too hard.

My hope, though I’m not convinced it’s going to play out this way, is Wentz comes back, they stretch the field more.  I am giving up on the pas first offense idea.   I don’t think we have the OL to pull it off with Wentz.  He needs an extra beat, and that’s not who this OL is.  So keep running the stuffing out of the ball, but try and get 3-4 more explosive plays a game.  And that probably leads to 6-10 more points.  They win more games that way.  

Much of the NFL has seemed to give up on this idea lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yeah I guess. He could have done better no doubt. But i guess I more bummed about that penalty on the kick and not having a chance to answer back regardless of how little chance that could have been. Oh well. 

If TH doesn’t play a D- game none of that matters.  The penalty was stupid, no doubt.

If they had a TO, or 2, the Vikings would have played the end of the game differently.  

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Turner does his best to make Taylor look like bad-Wentz with his play calling.  We saw a couple movement plays but not the type of plays to make the vikings think about it.

Why can't get get the tight ends involved more?  Why can't we use Sims as a possession receiver?

If Heini hasn't played consistently and you think Turner has a secret plot to make Heini look bad and nobody else notices it, then sure that makes sense.

You can think Turner sucks and the QB sucks.

Why do you really think the playbook has to drasticly be simplified and reduced when the QB who knows the offense is in there?  

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Even still as a whole we are still not a playoff team. This year the money should have been spend on both sides of the lines, like I said in the offseason, and then drop in your franchise QB. But with the sale of the team I guess it wouldn't have mattered anyway. 

You need to walk this one off my boy. 

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Apparently, Scott Turner only stinks when Heinicke loses, according to a certain continent of our fan base.

I actually think Scott calls his best games with Heinicke.

I think I agree with this.

1 minute ago, wit33 said:

Much of the NFL has seemed to give up on this idea lol

In fairness, they tried to also which is why they went out and put up a big neon sign they needed a QB.  They got somewhat unlucky they needed a QB when the draft was devoid of starting QBs. 

I don’t think Ron or Scott wants to play the game this way.  But they have no choice with TH at center.

And because he tries hard and has moxie, instead of recognizing they could not go through a season with him playing and releasing him and looking for a better backup QB and starting QB, they kept him.

And I was ok with that only because they already had a QB room who only had one QB who knew the system.  Going into a season with having all your QBs learning the system is dangerous.

At this point, I never want to see him on the field again.  I get we’ll see him at least once more.  But once he goes back to the bench, he should stay there and then not be re-signed.  

5 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

She at least seems to be competent at her job but sure. I don’t care either way if she stays on or not. 

Yeah I mean I don’t watch any of that content from the team so idk, it could be great or it could be horrible and I’d have no idea to be honest with you. 

I just instinctively don’t want to move forward with someone who picked up the phone when Snyder called after deciding, under public pressure, that he needed some token employees to make him look more inclusive. Diversity is important and should be encouraged—Snyder’s hires were obviously “oh **** I’m in trouble who would make me look better right now” hires. That’s not her fault but come on, she made a deal with the devil for a good amount of money. She’ll be fine either way. 

Honestly not that important to me either way if she’s good at her job. Just my initial instinct. 

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B.  When you are on the field all game long, you get tired.

I think you need to stop saying this given we won the TOP battle.  It felt that way, but it was basically even at the end of the game.  We owneres essentially the entire third quarter.  They owned the 4th, and we split the first half.  

It’s weakening your overall point. You’re right, but this is not actually factually accurate 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In fairness, they tried to also which is why they went out and put up a big neon sign they needed a QB.  They got somewhat unlucky they needed a QB when the draft was devoid of starting QBs. 

I don’t think Ron or Scott wants to play the game this way.  But they have no choice with TH at center.

And because he tries hard and has moxie, instead of recognizing they could not go through a season with him playing and releasing him and looking for a better backup QB and starting QB, they kept him.

And I was ok with that only because they already had a QB room who only had one QB who knew the system.  Going into a season with having all your QBs learning the system is dangerous.

At this point, I never want to see him on the field again.  I get we’ll see him at least once more.  But once he goes back to the bench, he should stay there and then not be re-signed.  

I think the team should sign him as the teams motivational speaker next season some sort of assistant coach. 
and wentz is not the answer with this oline . I really think its time to see howell 

39 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Not all is on Taylor. The D also gave up on plays when it mattered the most. Even the ST had a brain fart. Ron also screwed up with time outs as well. It was a team effort. 

I think the difference is that Heinicke overall played poorly, but had a couple of nice plays tossed in. The defense on the other hand overall played quite well but had a couple of bad plays tossed in.

• Like 1

In all of my collective man-years of watching NFL and college FB, I have never seen a personal foul penalty against the center that basically salts a game away.  

There could only be one Snakebitten Team who is worthy enough for such an unprecedented omen…..

go ahead and guess.  I’ll wait

Edited by petey hodge

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think you need to stop saying this given we won the TOP battle.  It felt that way, but it was basically even at the end of the game.  We owneres essentially the entire third quarter.  They owned the 4th, and we split the first half.  

It’s weakening your overall point. You’re right, but this is not actually factually accurate 

I get your point but time of posession was basically neck and neck in a game that the defense was lights out and it shouldn't be so I'll reframe that part of my point that way.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Th didn't play a good game today, but there's no possible way that HE is the blame for losing the game. If anyone actually believes that then they're dumber than dirt.

Reading some of these comments one would think TH was 11-47 passing. Maybe some should actually WATCH the game, watch the o-line collapsing on most every play; it wouldn't matter WHO was QB they wouldn't have faired much better. 

Did TH play a poor game? Well he did have the team up by what 10 points going into the 4th?  And the defense, with 3 LBers standing within 3 yds of each other, flat-footed in the middle of the field? WTF was that all about?

Ehh, go ahead and blame who you want, but overall it was a team effort in the loss, not just one person.

6 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

In all of my collective man-years of watching NFL and college FB, I have never seen a personal foul penalty against the center that basically salts a game away

Ron said they teach the guys to brush pass the center but not to touch them and that center happens to fall down when that happened. Our player was not jumping on the center but it looked like that to the refs since he fell down.

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

I think the team should sign him as the teams motivational speaker next season some sort of assistant coach. 
and wentz is not the answer with this oline . I really think its time to see howell 

I posted this elsewhere (before this game)

Vikings: TH loss

Eagles: TH loss

Houston: Wentz win

Atlanta: Wentz win

thats 6-6.

Then the whole thing rests on back to back games against the Giants with the bye week sandwiched between.

7-7 or better, they stick with Wentz.

6-8 or worse, they go with Howell.

I’d go with Howell next week because you’re going to lose with TH anyway against the eagles so why not.  Assuming he is somewhat ready.  

3 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

In all of my collective man-years of watching NFL and college FB, I have never seen a personal foul penalty against the center that basically salts a game away.  

There could only be one Snakebitten Team who is worthy enough for such an unprecedented omen…..

Well, we did beat the Giants last season by 1 point because of an offsides penalty that allowed us a re-kick.

Either way, it was a legit call. It wasn't even close, it was flagrant.

It was a killer penalty but I don't think we should lose sight of how poorly we played and that we put ourselves in that position in the first place with a terrible INT.