Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Minnesota at Washington ~ This one has everything....From A to Z :)

TK
Message added by TK,

1862862785_ScreenShot2022-11-06at4_11_36PM.thumb.png.13d6d1e064b37e0f429f336d22618b52.png

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I love you man, but he was bad today basically from start to finish with exactly 4 good plays scattered between bad and awful.  

If you get better play during the game, every single game doesn’t come down to a life or death situation in the final minutes.

He’s  just bad.  He has moments of brilliance. But they are far and few between and mostly aided by massive amounts of luck. 

When the luck runs out, he’s just bad. 

Yeah I guess. He could have done better no doubt. But i guess I more bummed about that penalty on the kick and not having a chance to answer back regardless of how little chance that could have been. Oh well. 

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I hope we lock Payne up, he and Allen together seem to keep us in games just by themselves.  Break the record for a contract to a DT if you have to.  I think I'd rather have him than chase. 

I think they’re going to have to tag him until the ownership situation is resolved. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Man, **** you in the ass with a under ripe pineapple if you want to put any blame on this defense.

Sorry should have been more clear. I never said the D played bad today. They were pretty good actually, but when they couldn't stop them from getting the TD after the INT was not good. I was hoping our D would stop them and just give up 3 instead. 

47 minutes ago, fishstyx said:

If Snyder sells the team, who’s to say they don’t move the team away, I saw more purple in the stands then burgundy, this town sucks for football. Sell the team Dan, Move away so I can become a ravens fan. 

If Snyder sells the team, many fans will start going to the games again and it won't look like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yeah I guess. He could have done better no doubt. But i guess I more bummed about that penalty on the kick and not having a chance to answer back regardless of how little chance that could have been. Oh well. 

Yeah a 2 minute drill with the QB who can barely throw a screen and the coach who hates having TOs would have been something.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Man, **** you in the ass with a under ripe pineapple if you want to put any blame on this defense.

My optimism for next season is predicated on this defense looks like the real deal and they are doing it without Chase.  Jamin is coming on.  We finally have good safeties.  Toohill and Obada are good.    We need really a corner IMO and another LB and bam this defense is as good as any in the league IMO.

I thought the defense was outstanding today.

It's really really hard to be a great defense without a complementary offense yet this defense has done that.

Our defense almost never plays with a lead and is on the field all the time.  It's really hard to play well in that context, yet they do it.  Imagine with a real QB and with 2 new O lineman next season?

I used to mock Bruce for saying they are close.  But this time I do feel they are close if they can figure out QB, which granted is far from easy but maybe Howell? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

Sorry should have been more clear. I never said the D played bad today. They were pretty good actually, but when they couldn't stop them from getting the TD after the INT was not good. I was hoping our D would stop them and just give up 3 instead. 

No z, you don't get to hang any of this on the defense. Not one single drive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think they’re going to have to tag him until the ownership situation is resolved. 

I hear ya, I wish we had locked him up last off-season (along with every other skins fan lol). He is so impactful and doesn't get the national recognition he deserves. It would be devastating to see him in another uniform.  I hope they aren't trying to keep the balance sheet as healthy as possible for the sake of the sale and let him walk, and even if they tag him I think that cements his exit the following year.  The success rate of signing a long term deal after a tag seems pretty low.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This defense even though was on the field all day long played great against a very good Vikings offense.

If Heinicke couild have even played just C minus D plus kind of ball we'd have won. 

One thing to point out:  the TOP was absolutely even. We actually won it by 47 seconds.  

I give Scott Turner a lot of credit for this: he runs the ball a bunch and keeps the TOP close when TH is playing.

The problem is the defense is asked to be absolutely perfect.  They can’t give up anything because the ceiling is ~20 points. There is no down field passing or quick stroke to speak of.  Everything is underneath and is, for lack of a better term, “hard.”

They had the game in hand until TH gave the Vikings life with the pick and shirt field.

You just can’t try to win games 17-15 every week.  It’s exhausting and just too hard.

My hope, though I’m not convinced it’s going to play out this way, is Wentz comes back, they stretch the field more.  I am giving up on the pas first offense idea.   I don’t think we have the OL to pull it off with Wentz.  He needs an extra beat, and that’s not who this OL is.  So keep running the stuffing out of the ball, but try and get 3-4 more explosive plays a game.  And that probably leads to 6-10 more points.  They win more games that way.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Pretty good?

Come on man, the defense has been great.  They made the Vikings offense earn every yard today, Kirk is going to be feeling this defense for weeks.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

If Snyder sells the team, many fans will start going to the games again and it won't look like that. 

As long as we are at FedEx, new owners or not, that visitors side lower bowl is ALWAYS gonna be filled with opposing fans. 

A new stadium needs to limit the number of upper deck rows or not have the UL pushed up so high due to multiple suite levels and a club level that is too big.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My optimism for next season is predicated on this defense looks like the real deal and they are doing it without Chase.  Jamin is coming on.  We finally have good safeties.  Toohill and Obada are good.    We need really a corner IMO and another LB and bam this defense is as good as any in the league IMO.

It's really really hard to be a great defense without a complementary offense yet this defense has done that.

Our defense almost never plays with a lead and is on the field all the time.  It's really hard to play well in that context, yet they do it.  Imagine with a real QB and with 2 new O lineman next season?

I used to mock Bruce for saying they are close.  But this time I do feel they are close if they can figure out QB, which granted is far from easy but maybe Howell? 

Completely agree. The line is playing impressive football and that's without Chase, Wise and Toohill. Davis looks great. I'm not high on McCain, but our safeties look great. 

I'm still not out completely on Wentz even though he looked bad. Middle of the line needs a major investment, but restructure Wentz to a reasonable deal, another year of Heini and Howell wouldn't upset me. Offense hs more than enough weapons.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Learned so much about the D today

They played a good opponent and did a great job even while once again being hadicapped by their O. I can't say they skated by w/ another easy assignment, they earned their recognition today. No caveats. They Balled.

This is a great D unit.

• Like 2

Just now, zCommander said:

Hmmmm... And you said they would score 38 on us in the prediction thread. 

Yep, I'm super impressed with the D. Excited about it. ST even looked really good all day except for that one play.

And I predicted the D would get gassed because Heini sucks and that happened.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This defense even though was on the field all day long played great against a very good Vikings offense.

If Heinicke couild have even played just C minus D plus kind of ball we'd have won. 

The INT was catastrophic! 

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The INT was catastrophic! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Conn said:

Nope. Julie was willing to make a deal with the devil to help Snyder save face when he needed to performatively hire a woman in a face role that he could say was being treated well. 

Don’t blame her, take the money for your family. But being part of that viper pit disqualifies her from being part of the future, if I had my way. Clean break, fresh start. 

She at least seems to be competent at her job but sure. I don’t care either way if she stays on or not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm still not out completely on Wentz even though he looked bad. Middle of the line needs a major investment, but restructure Wentz to a reasonable deal, another year of Heini and Howell wouldn't upset me. Offense hs more than enough weapons.

Turner does his best to make Taylor look like bad-Wentz with his play calling.  We saw a couple movement plays but not the type of plays to make the vikings think about it.

Why can't get get the tight ends involved more?  Why can't we use Sims as a possession receiver?