Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In that article, Wright said "Wright noted the team finished the season third among all NFL teams in attendance growth during the 2022 season, a trend he believes will continue."

What he fails to mention is that the growth in attendance is by the opposing teams fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

In that article, Wright said "Wright noted the team finished the season third among all NFL teams in attendance growth during the 2022 season, a trend he believes will continue."

What he fails to mention is that the growth in attendance is by the opposing teams fans.

a0bc6845-8e76-4e68-b762-9deedcb47679_tex

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I can read the article on my phone but can't cut and paste.  Wow...

The way I took is is Wright doubles down on the idea that this team's progress has a ceiling right now but that will change once Dan is gone and says both Dan and Tanya are aware of it. 

"If you don't see light at the end of the tunnel, you're not paying attention right now.  We are very much close to a new phase and era".

He then talks about the progress they made but "there is a limit to it, until we're on the other side of a transition.  And then the upside is massive."

He references the distractions that effect everyone includiing the players.  "even the most disciplined person, at some point, it's subconsious in your mind, and it impacts you.  Then for us on the business side, it certainly hinders the business"

He then talks about he's helping the prospective bidders understand their business plan and what's cooking on that front.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to get ahead of myself. But Schefter tweeting this is the biggest sign that the sale is almost, at long last, finally complete. It's been rumored for a while now that the Josh Harris group was the front runner, but then other names and other price tags kept popping up. Some Canadian fella took a tour of the facilities last week. But once Magic Johnson was brought onboard the Josh Harris bid, it seemed like a done deal. And now, it looks closer than ever. It's really crazy to think about. I've been ending blogs forever about how I think somehow, someway, Snyder will eventually sell. And how it would be the greatest day of my life. And now IT CAN HAPPEN AT ANY MOMENT. It's crazy. Our long nightmare may be over. The sun will shine on Pride Rock once again. Scar is dead. Simba has returned. It's amazing, man.

This means so much. I can't wait to go to games again. To buy merch. To not be incredibly ashamed anytime someone asks me what team I root for. And then we'll get a new stadium too. A beautiful state of the art new stadium in DC. I might cry.

Dot those I's and cross those T's, see ya Dan!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Not sure where RapSheet said this…

As usual only one dude has been 100% on the money, Keim.  He mentioned 4 bidders, weeks back.  One remains a mystery

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 10

Is there any way we can keep this thread for news related to the sale- Twitter, articles, etc. as opposed to ridiculous back and forth about the potential owners? If not, maybe have a separate thread for either? I come here for good information and discussion but it’s completely drowned out by constant inane speculation and obnoxious troll posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I doubt RG3's sub 1% ownership of the team would allow him to have any real significant say on personnel. 

You have this exactly opposite.

Josh Harris does not need RG3's fraction of a fraction of the sale price to get the money. If he's inviting Robert, it is specifically for some sort of value-add other than the money. And Robert will have his own interests.

I severely doubt the "NO PRESSURE, NO DIAMONDS" "ALL-IN FOR WEEK 1" attention [oldest profession in the world]-turned-media talking head wants to be part of the ownership group to be a silent partner. He is going to want a say, and Josh Harris would only care to cut in Robert for his 0.001% if he, too, was interested in Robert having a say.  

• Like 1

If billionaire Josh gives Robert any cut/say in anything then him and I are starting off on a bad foot . When Dans gone I want as much as the Dan era BS as possible to go with him and try to forget the dude ever existed. As much as this fanbase has been through there needs to be a zero tolerance- non football -drama policy instituted the moment the ink dries lol

I may be the only one, but I took Jerry’s comment about knowing everything that’s in the report differently. I didn’t take it literally. He was asked if he wanted the report released. He paused. And said yes. Was asked why. And paused again. Significantly. And said with weight and meaning, “because I know everything that’s in it”. I take that to mean he knows what punk ass **** Snyder is and how badly he deserves to be pantsed in public over every asshole thing he did over the years. He meant “why do I want it released? Because I know that ignorant little dip**** I was once foolish enough to pal around with and I want to see him destroyed once it no longer hurts my league”. And you could tell what he said and the gravity with which he said it landed with real weight behind it because everyone was knocked back and didn’t even try to follow up before he bounced. Then the wheels started turning and some started to take him too literally, imo. 

That comment was him licking his chops because he really dislikes Snyder now. And nobody can imagine specific ways to dislike you like a former friend and ally who you’ve burned. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 4

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

I may be the only one, but I took Jerry’s comment about knowing everything that’s in the report differently. I didn’t take it literally. He was asked if he wanted the report released. He paused. And said yes. Was asked why. And paused again. Significantly. And said with weight and meaning, “because I know everything that’s in it”. I take that to mean he knows what punk ass **** Snyder is and how badly he deserves to be pantsed in public over every asshole thing he did over the years. He meant “why do I want it released? Because I know that ignorant little dip**** I was once foolish enough to pal around with and I want to see him destroyed once it no longer hurts my league”. And you could tell what he said and the gravity with which he said it landed with real weight behind it because everyone was knocked back and didn’t even try to follow up before he bounced. Then the wheels started turning and some started to take him too literally, imo. 

That comment was him licking his chops because he really dislikes Snyder now. And nobody can imagine specific ways to dislike you like a former friend and ally who you’ve burned. 

That's a very solid point. Jerry seems to have significantly distanced himself from Daniel lately. 

Just now, RWJ said:

This is one big comedy show, man! 

That’s why the NFL is king and we are still here. Best year round entertainment there is.  

This is like South Park or the Simpsons in a year they release a feature film because of the ownership change. Top notch extra content that’s once in a generation. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

FWIW I was meeting today with a private equity firm in NY. Chatting around the side of our meeting they told me the Harris group are front runners and are at $6B. That’s not confirmation the deal is done - but their info is Harris is ahead in the clubhouse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 3

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

FWIW I was meeting today with a private equity firm in NY. Chatting around the side of our meeting they told me the Harris group are front runners and are at $6B. That’s not confirmation the deal is done - but their info is Harris is ahead in the clubhouse.

Any word on Bezos or the mystery bidder?