Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor Heinicke Extension?

smithmal

On 11/5/2022 at 11:25 AM, Jumbo said:

Actually I read you as the one who is sometimes, like now, actually ridiculous on the topic (just a couple posts that have stood out to me recently) esp. compared to the poster you're castigating. He presents his argument better than your direct attack mode counter.

You leave yourself open to a rule 5 violation for calling a reasonable poster/post ridiculous and garbage, particularly since that would apply more to your response than his post. Fwiw. 🙂

So you just said my post was garbage/trash.  Do the rules apply to both of us or just me?

14 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

So you just said my post was garbage/trash.  Do the rules apply to both of us or just me?

Speaking of rules, you can add this violation for putting this post in the wrong place to the violation I just gave you for your other poor choice. 🙂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'll extend the doors open for him to kick him to the curb.

I hope to god he’s not here. You can’t run an nfl offense with him. It’s so painfully obvious that they don’t trust him to throw the ball 

Taylor would provide excellent value as a backup who is good in the locker room and gives us a chance when the starter goes down.  Just because he isn't an NFL starter doesn't mean he should be written off completely.  If we had another low cost serviceable option to be the backup, then we could cut him loose, but just because Howell looked good for half a quarter in a preseason game doesn't mean he would be as good of a short term asset as TH.  And TH isn't going to have NFL teams outbidding us for him, give him a fair offer of a couple mil a year and it's a done deal, and we have a great value signing for backup qb.

7 minutes ago, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

A soild backup does not throw interceptions that cost Redskins the game like today

We lost by 3 to a 6-1 team, after us winning the last 2 games he started.  Not saying he is a good NFL qb, but TH at a couple mil a year is great value.  And we continue to try to upgrade the backup qb spot, but at this point, the alternatives will either be more expensive, or inexperienced.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 11/3/2022 at 7:25 PM, Renegade7 said:

Facts, he definetly gone now.

On 11/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, tmandoug1 said:

Bet?

On 11/3/2022 at 9:58 PM, Renegade7 said:

Sig or Avatar?

"O Brother, where art thou?"

31d7499f-f6be-4ab3-a3ce-542a9161e796 (1).jpg

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

If I knew for sure that Ron & Scott Turner were guaranteed to finish out the 5 year contract, then I would say yes because there is value in having a back up that is super familiar with the offense.  Now that the team is being sold and we have no idea beyond that what will be going on with the front office/coaching staff, I am not in a hurry to get TH signed.  I honestly don't think there will be a ton of interest in him around the NFL anyway, so if the new owners decide to keep the current coaching staff on board for 2023 sort of as an "lets evaluate who we actually want to keep going forward" season, then bring him back as the back up.