Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broken #1QB. Now who should start?

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

1 minute ago, SlobberknockerSkinsFan said:

After today Howell has no business starting. Was TH perfect? No. Did he make bad decisions? Yes. But those 2 touchdown balls were perfectly placed. For those that say he doesn’t have the arm to stretch the defense, I say look at those two passes alone. Given decent protection he can run this offense better than Wentz. Had the defense not made stupid plays on the last GB touchdown drive, the score wouldn’t have been as close as it was. 

You’re a touch overzealous but there is merit in this post.

Heinicke cost the team 7 points and a tick tack penalty (I also think the PI on WFC was tick tack on the next drive) away from giving them 14 points.

But he also avoided a few sacks, potentially saved the game by ducking under a sack and throwing the ball away and he threw what may be the best pass of his career to McLaurin for that TD. 

He still doesn’t have a great arm, but his key trait continues to be “moxie”. 

He still didn’t have decent protection from the OL, they’ve been terrible, but his second half was more than good enough to account for his first half blunders. All in all he played a slightly better than average game. Which is what Heinicke does. He plays worse at times. And better at times. But he hovers at mediocre/average. Which is why he’s a fantastic back up to have and a good spot starter. 

I don’t think we can say a word about Howell, though. We aren’t there. He could be better. He could be worse. 

But TH did enough to win and they did. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Since TH is starting, doesn't that bump Howell up to back-up?

That may give him some opportunities to see what he has, even if it is practice. TH played about how I thought he'd play; some good passes, some had mustard on them, and some made me scratch my head, but he did beat a weaponless Rodgers team. Before anyone spews lets just wait and see what happens the next couple games.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Since TH is starting, doesn't that bump Howell up to back-up?

That may give him some opportunities to see what he has, even if it is practice. TH played about how I thought he'd play; some good passes, some had mustard on them, and some made me scratch my head, but he did beat a weaponless Rodgers team. Before anyone spews lets just wait and see what happens the next couple games.

He has already been bumped up and is already practicing with the starters. 

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Matt Ryan won't be starting against us, why do these teams always make major changes before our game?

To give our fanbase hope. To make us win a game or two and put ourselves out of top pick contention only to have guys make miracle returns towards the end of our season and squash our playoff hopes and dreams in the last few weeks so that we have to live with the emptiness of a pick in the late teens.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Matt Ryan won't be starting against us, why do these teams always make major changes before our game?

“Always”? Hmm. This is the first time a QB change has happened right before a game Vs us this season. And going back to last season, we didn’t face a team that changed their starting QB right before a game against us. 

You’d probably have to go back to 2020 to see when the last time was that it happened. 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To give our fanbase hope. To make us win a game or two and put ourselves out of top pick contention only to have guys make miracle returns towards the end of our season and squash our playoff hopes and dreams in the last few weeks so that we have to live with the emptiness of a pick in the late teens.

All of this.

I haven’t said much today, because I don’t want to rain on the parade.  But damn if we don’t have a golden opportunity to be awful and get a selection at the top of perhaps the most QB heavy draft in a long time.

I just knew and know we are going to win too many games for that but nowhere near enough to play in the postseason.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

All of this.

I haven’t said much today, because I don’t want to rain on the parade.  But damn if we don’t have a golden opportunity to be awful and get a selection at the top of perhaps the most QB heavy draft in a long time.

I just knew and know we are going to win too many games for that but nowhere near enough to play in the postseason.

Lol, yep… I’ve been trying not to think about it 

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

All of this.

this is the way 

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

All of this.

4 hours ago, tshile said:

this is the way 

image.gif.7250545fc78cf6d5d4af6ea97a752f14.gif

4 hours ago, tshile said:

this is the way 

Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

All of this.

Yeah, we are completely ****ing up our best chance in years to snag one of the top QBs and dammit if we aren’t going to piss it all away with meaningless wins. Look at the division and understand we have NO chance at making the playoffs.Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Sad Happy Hour GIF

Its depressing as ****.  I have no words. 

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Haha 1

To make it worst we’ll give up a boat load of picks to be 3 or 4 overall and have one of that tier 1 group there’s only however many of and we get the one the others didn’t want 

that way when it fails it hurts as much as possible 

I find it weird that some of the fans want to start tanking with 10 more games in the season.  Do you think the players want to endure 10 more losses?  That psychological trauma may turn promising, young players into a bunch of WJ3s or worse (Sua Cravens).

Let them eat a little.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Watching our game while also eyeballing CAR sha-lacking the Bucs to pick up win no 2 had me all kinds of twisted.

I was legit like this:

Help me find this episode where Homer is angry in bed! : r/HelpMeFind

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I find it weird that some of the fans want to start tanking with 10 more games in the season.  Do you think the players want to endure 10 more losses?  That psychological trauma may turn promising, young players into a bunch of WJ3s or worse (Sua Cravens).

Let them eat a little.

I think you missed the point.

It’s not that we want to lose for a draft pick. It’s that we, year after year, win enough to be in contention and then find a way to miss the playoffs. 

That leaves us, again on a regular basis, not in the playoffs and with a late teens draft pick. 

The land of can kicking.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1