Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broken #1QB. Now who should start?

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

Here is where I am at: people who keep playing this card that there is a pack of heinie haters here have been called out appropriately by other posters, and most importantly by me too, and of course never can support the contention with quotes. 

I've made it clear that mischaracterizing posted content can get you a flag AND not backing up your claims when challenged can also become an issue per our rules.

Now after just going over all this for days Im still reading this strawman stuff inc the last  posts from  skins island and wv tom do it again.

I even recently made it a mod directive that making said claim needs to be supported by quoting 3 posters who have posted "hate for heinie. 

The next time some one plays this dumbass card they're going to get a boot in their dumb ass if they're not providing some evidence that it's actually a thing.🙂

I just want to further clarify, that I’m aware Heineke has the ability to make plays.  If all things go right, he can win games.  I think most of us can acknowledge that.

However, his lows are really low and his highs aren’t sustainable given his physical limitations.  

I just don’t see how it’s possible he can win enough games to make the season interesting.  I can’t think of much worse than winning a few meaningless games to worsen draft position and having to absorb the Hive madness at the same time.  

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 7:30 AM, SlobberknockerSkinsFan said:

So now it’s being reported that he whose name I shall not mention is now broken (Right ring finger) and is traveling out here to LA to get it checked out. Who should be starting? 

please try and keep it classy. I don’t want this thread to turn into a a complete crap show, even though I know it will…🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Back to the OP.  The starter has been named...

But this thread has been turned into 15 pages of "therapy" for people to vent that they yearn for more from their Commanders Quarterback... leader of the offense and team.  whether TH is their choice or not, they have to somewhat resign to buckling in the seatbelt on Sunday(s) and root for him to succeed knowing that either supporting TH or complaining wont do any damn good.

I'm curious to see what this thread looks like on Monday.  The Hivers may come out in full regalia... or more of the melancholy we've seen for the first 15 pages with "I've never said I hate the guy" type posts. 

HTTR

Edited by petey hodge
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Back to the OP.  The starter has been named...

But this thread has been turned into 15 pages of "therapy" for people to vent that they yearn for more from their Commanders Quarterback... leader of the offense and team.  whether TH is their choice or not, they have to somewhat resign to buckling in the seatbelt on Sunday(s) and root for him to succeed knowing that either supporting TH or complaining wont do any damn good.

I'm curious to see what this thread looks like on Monday.  The Hivers may come out in full regalia... or more of the melancholy we've seen for the first 15 pages with "I've never said I hate the guy" type posts. 

HTTR

I don't think anyone here is rooting against Heinicke.

As far as Monday (this and subsequent ones) and the Hive members, I'm guessing it will probably very much mimic the old Hive thread. If he plays well they'll come out and start pumping him up. If he plays poorly it will mostly be a ghost town.

Edited by mistertim

11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I just want to further clarify, that I’m aware Heineke has the ability to make plays.  If all things go right, he can win games.  I think most of us can acknowledge that.

However, his lows are really low and his highs aren’t sustainable given his physical limitations.  

I just don’t see how it’s possible he can win enough games to make the season interesting.  I can’t think of much worse than winning a few meaningless games to worsen draft position and having to absorb the Hive madness at the same time.  

So you want fans to root for losses in Oct, 6 games in the season, and you dont like fans to root for a player on the team. I dont understand. As far as the Hive, exactly what is a message board for again?

Edited by TChaler70

First, I 

26 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

So you want fans to root for losses in Oct, 6 games in the season, and you dont like fans to root for a player on the team. I dont understand.

This is a mod directive to you: You're next post needs to provide any quotes of batteredfansyndrome you can find that says he doesn't like fans to root for th (I'm giving you the grace that you meant him and not just "a player on the team" as you wrote).

Your other option is to, FIRST, retract your comment and admit it was a false accusation and THEN also consider yourself on a posting restriction where you're done on qbs for awhile. You can demonstrate your interest in the team overall by discussing  every other topic. 🙂

To all: Tchalers is one the folks who joined in winter of 2021 and claims that's when they started being a Commanders fan and listed th as their fave player. None of that is against any rule of course, but when it's become this mess of "hater vs fanboy" and the reality is we do have the fanboy dynamic well proven while the hater element is a strawman, intervention may occur. 🙂

I have posted for years on this site about how that BS just dumbs down discussion.

The guys addressing critics of th's game essentially blow off reasonable arguments with "you're a hater" accusations and fanboys, and when we actually do have a group of haters in play, they do the same to peeps making positive claims about the matter.

Read our rules page. It goes into depth about what we seek here in content and what we don't like. 🙂

My conflict is I have no reason to view heineke in any way than rooting for the dude that gets a chance 

I’d root for him if he were on another team. It’s just a cool story. And you never really can feel bad or go wrong rooting for big under dogs. Doesn’t work out? It was expected you were just looking for a good story. Works out? You got your feel good story. You also have nothing invested in it so… you can move on as quickly as you got there. 

But I don’t want the team to win. And I don’t really care what any particular person thinks that says about me cause I’m super comfortable with who and what I am. To me a rotting dilapidated building is on fire. And I  when a firefighter comes running I want to stop them and say let it burn to the ground please.

any negative story about this team is a win and any positive story about this team is a loss right now.

so. I’m conflicted. And I feel the same way about Rivera and others on the team staff - regardless of how good I think they are or aren’t, they’re harmed by what is good for us and our organization right now.

I am super excited to be able to say told you so on wentz cause wentz had clearly sucked so it doesn’t really matter of heineke is better or worse. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TChaler70 said:

So you want fans to root for losses in Oct, 6 games in the season, and you dont like fans to root for a player on the team. I dont understand. As far as the Hive, exactly what is a message board for again?

I’m well versed in how this place works and I’m aware that some folks would rather taste a few victories now and whine about draft position later.  I’m just not one of those people.  This team isn’t good enough to make the playoffs with any of our QBs, so I’d rather just watch it all burn down or see what Howell looks like.

22 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I’d rather have Christie Brinkley show up on my driveway in a Ferrari wearing a monokini holding a bullwhip and a bottle of gin.

There's an old saying here: not every thought should be a post. 🙂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

My personal nightmare scenario is Heinicke keeps things afloat for Wentz to come back after 5 games because Rivera thinks there's a chance of making the playoffs, and we never get to see Howell this season. 

I really do don't see the downside of making to the playoffs. More football is still better. Howell will get his chance when the coaches know he is ready. 

We have always rushed every year. For once I really want Ron to slow down and build. If Howell turns out to be the future then he should be the starter next year. 

25 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I’d rather have Christie Brinkley show up on my driveway in a Ferrari wearing a monokini holding a bullwhip and a bottle of gin.

I'm trying to track. Is Christie Brinkley Sam Howell in this analogy? Or is Howell the Ferrari and Wentz is the bullwhip? Is Heinicke the gin?

giphy.gif?cid=790b76111e39bb7b5041bcf9419789a03b41e5c6ca109e17&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Here is where I am at: people who keep playing this card that there is a pack of heinie haters here have been called out appropriately by other posters, and most importantly by me too, and of course never can support the contention with quotes. 

I've made it clear that mischaracterizing posted content can get you a flag AND not backing up your claims when challenged can also become an issue per our rules.

Now after just going over all this for days Im still reading this strawman stuff inc the last  posts from  skins island and wv tom do it again.

I even recently made it a mod directive that making said claim needs to be supported by quoting 3 posters who have posted "hate for heinie. 

The next time some one plays this dumbass card they're going to get a boot in their dumb ass if they're not providing some evidence that it's actually a thing.🙂

Fellow ESers, let me first off start by apologizing to anyone that I may have offended in my post.

This wasn't my intentions, I was only attempting to kind of bring everyone a little closer to the middle. I'm not calling out anyone in particular, and I am absolutely not a 'hiver', but I will at least give someone a chance before I give up, and this goes for a few other players AND coaches.

I guess I was trying to say that last year was last year, and because a QB didn't play well then, doesn't mean that he will play bad this year, but it is certainly possible, but i'm not going to write him off until it actually happens. I've seen many a QB who lost 1 or more of their top weapons play poorly, and whether or not he falls into that category is not really debatable.

So, everyone, have a nice day! 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 8:51 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So why wouldn’t every weak armed QB just go to the best arm strength trainer in the world and cure their ills?

I gather some folks don’t realize how small the incremental gains are from said training.  

This is what Terry said (it is possible the LA thing might have helped him a bit):

“The way he’s driving the ball down the field is definitely a lot better for us receivers,” McLaurin said. “It gives us a chance to track the ball down the field and give us a chance to make plays. … Just his ability to extend plays will possibly help us in that area as well.”

More here: WAPO

• Like 1

I'm starting to believe that no quote from Terry should be used to support any position on the Great QB debate. Terry is a nice guy and a captain who doesn't seem to refuse interviews. He seems to vocally support any teammate he is asked about. When Wentz was named the starter, Terry said that having a QB like CW is part of what inspired him to sign his contract. Now that TH is behind center, Terry remarks that he is impressed with his new arm strength. TM is not going to be quoted speaking negatively about his teammates, he is not that kind of guy.  I kinda believe that if asked about the kick return game, Terry would say something like "Milne is such a blessing. Every time he returns a kick we all know that our offense will take the field with 80 yards to go. All of our team is excited about the possibility of having really long scoring plays. And you just can't do that with a short field. So yeah, we're all so excited to have him out there."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/21/2022 at 9:49 PM, Jumbo said:

I have stared down the barrel of the Jumbo Ban Bazooka and it is not a place where any of you dolts want to be.  Trust me.

25 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

I'm starting to believe that no quote from Terry should be used to support any position on the Great QB debate. Terry is a nice guy and a captain who doesn't seem to refuse interviews. He seems to vocally support any teammate he is asked about. When Wentz was named the starter, Terry said that having a QB like CW is part of what inspired him to sign his contract. Now that TH is behind center, Terry remarks that he is impressed with his new arm strength. TM is not going to be quoted speaking negatively about his teammates, he is not that kind of guy.  I kinda believe that if asked about the kick return game, Terry would say something like "Milne is such a blessing. Every time he returns a kick we all know that our offense will take the field with 80 yards to go. All of our team is excited about the possibility of having really long scoring plays. And you just can't do that with a short field. So yeah, we're all so excited to have him out there."

You might be on to something here. I think Terry is a master in reverse psychology. He butters up whoever is the QB so they would throw to him more for having their backs and he wins in the stats column which adds to his resume. Really a win-win situation here for both parties. But let's assume there is a very remote chance that Terry could be right and if so then we will see if that is the case when we play the Packers in about 12 hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

I'm starting to believe that no quote from Terry should be used to support any position on the Great QB debate.

I'd extend the idea a lot farther than that.

I would expect practically every player on the roster to be supportive of each other when asked, regardless of the position of said player being asked about. That goes triple for any player who has been given the bag by this org and has millions of reasons to tow some serious company line as is the case w/ Terry and Allen.

If we get to the point where players are baggin' on each other you have no culture.

You could ask anyone on the roster about WJ3, who has been demoted and benched, and you'd probably get something along the lines of

"He's in a rough spot, but he's a vet and he will find his way thru it. He has been a good player for a long time"

Its the last place you should look for evidence to support a position.

I put zero stock into the idea that Terry signed the dotted line b/c of Wentz just like I put zero stock into what he has said about TH. He's just being a good teammate, and he specifically was given booku amount of reasons to be a good teammate.

If you look hard enough you could probably find players on the team saying nice things about Garret Gilbert before his start last year too. It means nothing as it is the norm and should be expected.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

Terry McLaurin talks to the media after signing his new contract - Hogs  Haven

"yeah man, that Darth Vader?  He's a great leader... He really elevates those around him.  He hoists up his officers and the motivates the storm troopers that serve under them...  He's also been a great father, and I most admire how he gave his own life to save that of his son... I think that's amazing, man.  Darth is a good dude, man."

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

My personal nightmare scenario is Heinicke keeps things afloat for Wentz to come back after 5 games because Rivera thinks there's a chance of making the playoffs, and we never get to see Howell this season. 

Yep we need to see Howell getting meaningful reps right now. No doubt we are probably in the hunt for a new QB in 2023, unless Wentz takes a significant hit on his contracted salary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Me personally?...I'd rather listen to what Terry has to say than listen to fans.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1