Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broken #1QB. Now who should start?

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

Who said it was newsworthy?  This is...at least I thought it was...a discussion board and I am currently in the thread about the current starting quarterback.  

What were you expecting Terry to say?

Terry is a well spoken and thoughtful dude saying nice things about the guy who will be throwing him the ball the next several weeks.

Not for a second would I have ever expected Terry to be short or critical in any way when asked about TH.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Terry is a well spoken and thoughtful dude saying nice things about the guy who will be throwing him the ball the next several weeks.

Never mind.  He is going to be really missing those targets these next few weeks.

Edited by DJHJR86

13 hours ago, MIB__KEVIN said:

This is so sad. We wait all off-season to watch this team make a run and by week 7 we are already talking about tanking season for picks and backup QB’s and new head coach. Who’s sick and tired of this routine?? 

where do you think they got the name 'WASHington from?

Clean that **** up!

3 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Terry McClaurin member of the Hive confirmed.

And Wentz just lays all over the field... As much as he's been planted he should be able to grow crops by now.

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

What would you expect him to say when asked?

"Yeah he has no arm and almost got me killed several times last season, which is why I was happy to have a QB who could get me the ball. I think he's not a very good QB, but he tries hard, which is nice"?

He should have said that stupid and erratic guy who made me earn all of my 1000+ yards last year and I had to fight for the ball to do so. At least now I won't get killed since Wentz has thrown to me at least 3 times this year because he has a strong arm and I re-signed because Wentz was going to make me a 1500+ yards receiver this year. I am so excited for Wentz to come back. 

38 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Alright you Heinicke nutters. Enjoy your two games. Sam Howell is on deck. 

As if any of these QBs are going to get Dan and Ron's team anywhere.

It's pretty hilarious just reading all of these debates over a couple of below average QBs and a 5th rounder who likely isn't any better than Justin Fields is right now.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

58 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I am in agreement. Unless Taylor wins both games and plays lights out there is no reason not to play Sam in a few weeks

15 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

As if any of these QBs are going to get Dan and Ron's team anywhere.

It's pretty hilarious just reading all of these debates over a couple of below average QBs and a 5th rounder who likely isn't any better than Justin Fields is right now.

Below average Owner

Below average FO

Below average coaches

Below average QBs

If you have anything above average to talk about I am all in! lol

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Below average Owner

Below average FO

Below average coaches

Below average QBs

If you have anything above average to talk about I am all in! lol

I’d add below average oline and downgrade owner to dumpster fire. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What were you expecting Terry to say?

Not for a second would I have ever expected Terry to be short or critical in any way when asked about TH.  

Yeah I really am not sure why anyone would expect any decent teammate to say anything different than what Terry said.

A guy has to be really disliked on a team for his teammates to publicly throw him under the bus or say anything negative about him. On top of that, Terry is an absolute class act and great teammate, so I'd fully expect him to be vocally supportive of whoever is coming in as QB, no matter what he thinks about their skill level or ability.

On 10/17/2022 at 7:34 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That would be the opposite of us.

A sneaky little streak beating bad to okay teams, dropping further back in draft order, only to revert back to reality soon thereafter…that would be us.

That's what I meant...5-7 game streak. Finish in the middle again, missing out on the next crop of top qbs coming out of college.

Edited by CommanderDOOM

10 hours ago, tomwvr said:

I am in agreement. Unless Taylor wins both games and plays lights out there is no reason not to play Sam in a few weeks

Commander Carson is going to play again this season when he's healthy.  You don't publicly go all in for the guy you claim you wanted and then keep him on the bench when he's healthy.  

14 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Unless the team is winning more times than not, which understandably is up in the air. 

Or u want to keep a top 50 pick.

Btw PNB, have u tried the wafer edition. Those junts is seam splitting.

Edited by CommanderDOOM

13 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Hopefully we Howell soon. Nothing against Heinicke but I really hope Howell gets a game or 2 before Carson comes back. As you can tell by my user name I might be a bit bias.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Does anyone disagree with what Terry said about Heinicke?

Me - on the part where he said TH comes in and gives us a good chance to win this weekend. I don’t think the inclusion of TH alone is the influencing factor on whether we have a good chance to win or not. He’s a warm body at QB.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I really am not sure why anyone would expect any decent teammate to say anything different than what Terry said.

A guy has to be really disliked on a team for his teammates to publicly throw him under the bus or say anything negative about him. On top of that, Terry is an absolute class act and great teammate, so I'd fully expect him to be vocally supportive of whoever is coming in as QB, no matter what he thinks about their skill level or ability.

And that is precisely why I am glad they signed him. Good people make a huge difference in team makeup.  

28 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Me - on the part where he said TH comes in and gives us a good chance to win this weekend. I don’t think the inclusion of TH alone is the influencing factor on whether we have a good chance to win or not. He’s a warm body at QB.

I agree with your first point.  As to your 2nd, when I think of “warm body”, guys like Gilbert, Fromm and Montez come to mind.  With that said, I have a more generous take on TH than some.  For example, I don’t think he’ll be lucky to survive the game, that he’ll be the cause of multiple injuries to our receivers, or that we’ll be lucky to score a point (that might be the most jinx-worthy sentence ever, lol).  :)

On 10/15/2022 at 10:06 AM, NoCalMike said:

The offense is designed to get the ball down the field. Howell will make mistakes as a rookie, but at the end of the day Heinicke doesn't have the arm to move this offense beyond small chunks at a time....

I saw this too last year but I also remember him being on the money with 2-3 bombs the 1st time I ever saw him.......what happened??

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CommanderDOOM said:

I saw this too last year but I also remember him being on the money with 2-3 bombs the 1st time I ever saw him.......what happened??

Which bombs? I remember him hitting a few, but IIRC most of them required at least moderate adjustments by the WR (usually Terry).

4 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Commander Carson is going to play again this season when he's healthy.  You don't publicly go all in for the guy you claim you wanted and then keep him on the bench when he's healthy.  

You do to keep a second rounder.

It helps to take all context into conversations.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You do to keep a second rounder.

It helps to take all context into conversations.

If they somehow work their way into losing that second rounder even after this injury, I'm gathering a marauding army and invading Command Central or whatever the hell they are calling it.

2 hours ago, NCRedskins78 said:

Hopefully we Howell soon. Nothing against Heinicke but I really hope Howell gets a game or 2 before Carson comes back. As you can tell by my user name I might be a bit bias.

It really depends on the play of the OL.  If it's better, I want to see Howell.  If it's piss-poor, then I want TH to take the beating.  You learn nothing about a QB if all they can do is run for their life, and you don't help them get experience either, if all they have to do is run for their life and then get beat up. 

It's lose-lose.  Helps nobody.  You learn nothing and might damage the QB.