Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broken #1QB. Now who should start?

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

None of this is going to matter if the QB cannot be protected. Have we had a QB make it through a whole season in the last 12 years? It may not be a decision but a reality that TH behind this line is not going to make it through the rest of the season. Or the rookie either? Wentz could be back sooner than later? And lost again? Crytal ball says expect the unexpected when it comes to QB's and the draft in Washington.   

Interesting the timing of Indy yanking Ryan because their OL is horrible going to a more mobile QB. Right as we are set to play them. Its almost like their situation mirrors ours only our QB got injured vs benched, and we (many) wanted to bypass the backup and go straight to the 3rd stringer. Their guy has been clipboarded aka groomed a year and moved up the ladder bypassing Chris Hoiles Foiles Foles to be lead backup.

The league is turning into favoring running QBs right before our very eyes as pocket statues struggle more and more. Defenses are so aggressive its only a matter of time before a statue is chopped down at the knees. Its rare to have an OL hold up an entire year and Mark Rypien knows that best. 

Edited by RandyHolt

43 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

None of this is going to matter if the QB cannot be protected. Have we had a QB make it through a whole season in the last 12 years? It may not be a decision but a reality that TH behind this line is not going to make it through the rest of the season. Or the rookie either? Wentz could be back sooner than later? And lost again? Crytal ball says expect the unexpected when it comes to QB's and the draft in Washington.   

Last season that we had a QB to make it through all 16 games, Kirk Cousins in 2017 

17 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Interesting the timing of Indy yanking Ryan because their OL is horrible going to a more mobile QB. Right as we are set to play them. Its almost like their situation mirrors ours only our QB got injured vs benched, and we (many) wanted to bypass the backup and go straight to the 3rd stringer. Their guy has been clipboarded aka groomed a year and moved up the ladder bypassing Chris Hoiles Foiles Foles to be lead backup.

The league is turning into favoring running QBs right before our very eyes as pocket statues struggle more and more. Defenses are so aggressive its only a matter of time before a statue is chopped down at the knees. Its rare to have an OL hold up an entire year and Mark Rypien knows that best. 

It's wild right now. Defenses are going just rushing 4 down linemen so they can have a 2 deep shell, but if you have a running QB, you need more in the box. You need to have a big mobile QB, Cam, Hurts types that can take a beating without getting hurt.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's wild right now. Defenses are going just rushing 4 down linemen so they can have a 2 deep shell, but if you have a running QB, you need more in the box. You need to have a big mobile QB, Cam, Hurts types that can take a beating without getting hurt.

Cam was often injured. 

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

In 2019 he only played 2 game and then was put on IR for the whole season. That is more than 5 or 6 games. 

Yes, at the end of his career when he was about 33 years old :ols: 

Stop reaching to slam Cam Newton. Guy was incredible and durable considering the type of weapon he was.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Hypothetically speaking which of the following gives us a better chance of a winning season:

1. Current Roster as it is with $28m tied up in Wentz for the year

2. Taylor on his current contract as the starter, but with the rest of the cap space spent on trying to bring in elite players at skill positions?

No there's no meaning behind it just Thursday morning thoughts, but I would probably go for the second option and see if we can't trade for or offer big money to a couple of elite players

Maybe an organization's entire priority shouldn't be just "a winning season"?

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Maybe an organization's entire priority shouldn't be just "a winning season"?

True. But for this crappy organization I’ll take what I can get 😂 I’d just be happy with making the playoffs finally one of these days, anything after would be the cherry on top 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

True. But for this crappy organization I’ll take what I can get 😂 I’d just be happy with making the playoffs finally one of these days, anything after would be the cherry on top 

Damnit man. Stop giving me the power of hope!

Making the playoffs would be my fu$king Superbowl!!

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We were in the playoffs two years ago when we almost beat the Bucs. ;)

On 10/27/2022 at 8:32 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Yes, at the end of his career when he was about 33 years old :ols: 

Stop reaching to slam Cam Newton. Guy was incredible and durable considering the type of weapon he was.

To be fair, you said he only missed 5 or 6 games in "8 years or so"...2019 would have been part of that "8 years or so" lol...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

And the "or so" was, what...a sentence enhancer? lol...

You're like the board editor that nobody asked for. OMG he said "or so", let me annoyingly point that out so people will tell me that I'm so right.

5/6 games in 8 years does not make you injury prone. 

What a stupid conversation.

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You're like the board editor that nobody asked for. OMG he said "or so", let me annoyingly point that out so people will tell me that I'm so right.

5/6 games in 8 years does not make you injury prone. 

What a stupid conversation.

Yanno, most people would have just said "whoops, my bad" lol...

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Most people would have read the original conversation and said "yep".

You're saying most people don't realize when they're wrong?...I can see that, yep lol...

EDIT: and I'll let your response be the last one in this off-topic back and forth 👍

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1