Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washingburgh at Dallas

TK
Message added by TK,

2099317008_ScreenShot2022-10-02at4_12_04PM.thumb.png.6becb16f5bf4f6381d0eb60f17bb2d89.png

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

First off, what you said was it "would have been a TD' without that contact. Since Diggs knocked it down, that's just so ridiculously wrong it scarcely merits mention.

And yeah, they could have called it, but it was fairly incidental and didn't effect the play so no, it really isn't the kind of thing they do, or should, call. 

If your going to call a tight game in the defensive backfield then that was a call that absolutely should have been called 

• Like 2

I'd like to hear again why we didn't start our rebuild with a rookie QB like any other normal rebuild?

Trading for Wentz contract killed our cap space and ability to spend money on oline to protect him.

QB and WR upgraded, oline now atrocious, they cancel out...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Hammy for Dotson, shut this season down my god. 

It’s feeling like we’re really going to regret that comeback against JAX week 1 when the draft rolls around…

We may not win another game at this rate so I think the one win will be okay.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

He stuck his arm out and made contact with McLaurin forcing him to stumble going into the top of the route.  That isn't interference?

Nothing is a penalty if you’re a Cowboy, but if we do something? The flag comes out awfully quickly. I don’t get it, we’re the team that needs all the help, but they’re calling the game like it’s Jerry Jones’ grandkids as the ref crew. 

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

YOU MUST BENCH WENTZ!!

WHY?

Because he will cost us a 2nd round pick if hr continues to start. Hr only costs a 3rd round pick if he plays less than 70% of the snaps.

I want Sam Howell as soon as he's ready.

Howell will get killed behind this offensive line. Keep him on the bench. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, IrepDC said:

Wentz has the fortitude if Cousins. Crumbling under pressure.

I dunno.  I find it hard to blame him, he’s just been absolutely crushed the entire game play after play after play, just completely beat up and any QB who just gets beat up for an entire game, and now kickoff 3 game in a row…

• Thanks 1

Wentz is absolutely terrible

theres a reason two teams have already offloaded him

Slow/No mobility 

Often doesn't set his feet 

Overthrows the ball/can't take speed off the ball

No pocket awareness 

Makes poor decisions like not throwing it away/taking needless sacks 

Russell Wilson made a career running from a terrible o line and with a defensive head coach and no superstar WR's 

Wentz doesn't improve, he's the exact same scrub he was with an amazing o line and RB in Indy 

Yeah he's a big arm, but he's a 1 dimensional dud

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Hammy for Dotson, shut this season down my god. 

It’s feeling like we’re really going to regret that comeback against JAX week 1 when the draft rolls around…

I saw the pain on his face when he went down to catch that pass on the broken play.

That hammy could derail the youngin.

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

YOU MUST BENCH WENTZ!!

WHY?

Because he will cost us a 2nd round pick if hr continues to start. Hr only costs a 3rd round pick if he plays less than 70% of the snaps.

I want Sam Howell as soon as he's ready.

Won't happen. Ron will say there's still 13 games to go. Will ride with Wentz until we are mathematically eliminated; so you won't see Howell until the late in the year. Ron may not be the coach when that happens.

• Sad 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I don't understand this either. We can never scheme easy completions across the middle of the field like other teams do. Like easy 6-8 yard completions. Every team does it all the time.Seems like our passes are always to guys in traffic and hope they make others miss. 

Yeah it's like Scott Turner relies on long developing plays to create space instead of match ups.  Every other offense you seem multiple times a game the WRs shaking the linebackers over the middle of the field for very easy pitch & catch plays that don't take long to develop.  Where is that in this offense?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Whatever dude. How is your night and day difference working out so far? Maybe should have spent some money on beefing up the OL instead. 

There is always next year. 

Wentz being a better QB than your guy has little to nothing to do with how crappy we are right now. Heinicke would be at least as overwhelmed as Wentz is at the moment behind this OL. In fact, HE WAS last season vs Dallas, and that was with better OL play.

The point is, stop pretending like you're objective about the QBs. Just stop. It's dumb, nobody buys it, and it makes you look foolish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't understand this either. We can never scheme easy completions across the middle of the field like other teams do. Like easy 6-8 yard completions. Every team does it all the time.Seems like our passes are always to guys in traffic and hope they make others miss. 

Yeah cause they're playing press man.  We have no answer for man because our line sucks. Mix in a little backside zone and play to wentzs weaknesses, easy money.  It's not complicated.

Edited by lovemaskins
Msp.

Just now, Redwards said:

No, no no. 

How many times do I have to keep saying it today?  "We have all that we need in that locker room.  I really believe that.  I do."

mabye not oline or secondary and linebackers...naw we dont have it all

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Csup said:

If you guys wanna watch good football turn on the Buffalo ravens game

I recommend fans here do just that, and watch the interior line on pass plays for both teams.  Do a little comparison.  It’s night and day.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1