Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Detroit ~ It's A Hard Knocks Life

TK
Message added by TK,

image.thumb.png.78666b5ebe4afa84cfd716d51f3cf1fd.png

52 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Signing Wince cost us valuable cap space that probably cost us valuable DL depth. Ionniadis (sp) and Settle would have helped us a lot today. As for JDR, there have been a lot of quality D Coordinators hired over the past few seasons, most notably Dan Quinn. After the first year, JDRs defenses have been mostly garbage. We could and should have dumped him after last year.

We still have significant cap space RIGHT NOW that we didn’t use. Wentz had no impact on signing FA’s. And we’d be going nowhere without Wentz anyways. You’re so blinded by your issues with him that your posts are nonsensical. 

• Like 4

I said in the last gameday thread that this team can't play 30 minutes of football like they did last season. I gave them praise for playing 45 minutes, now we're back to 30 minutes. What an embarrassing display of football. This team should be ashamed of themselves and I'm ashamed that I have to defend that play. All the while, NY and Dal won, the division is still too tight to not show up to games.

• Like 2

Everything that happened is to be expected. More hilarious incompetence from those hired by Doofus Dan. What a surprise! It's like he lobotomizes dudes when they are hired to coach his garbage football team. 

I should feel bad for those who actually believe that replacing an incompetent HC and moronic DC is somehow going to equal rainbows and unicorns. I don't though because by now they all should know better.

Remember, this team once had at least 5 future head coaches on the staff and also Mike Shanahan (3 SB coaches) and went 3-13. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

This is on coaching, and we've seen this nonsense too many times before from this staff.

I hate to say it, because I have a lot of respect for what RR went through and what he has to go through with this organization.  He has helped a lot, however I am tired of losing, I am tired of watching an offensive line getting dominated every game.  Im tired JDR, I am tired of W. Jack III all the lbers, this so called great defensive line, etc.  When is it going to turn the corner , ma when (literally hanging my head, and sighingggggggggggggggggggggggggg)  How much more can a fan base endure.  

That was embarrassing.  Plain and simple.  

21 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Everything that happened is to be expected. More hilarious incompetence from those hired by Doofus Dan. What a surprise! It's like he lobotomizes dudes when they are hired to coach his garbage football team. 

I should feel bad for those who actually believe that replacing an incompetent HC and moronic DC is somehow going to equal rainbows and unicorns. I don't though because by now they all should know better.

Remember, this team once had at least 5 future head coaches on the staff and also Mike Shanahan (3 SB coaches) and went 3-13. 

Please don’t take what I’m about to say as a defence for Dan I will never stick up for that guy ever

But maybe Ron is what Ron’s record in the NFL has always been, mainly losing seasons with Cam Newtons peak dragging him to a Superbowl

Ron’s a lovely guy, but ultimately he’s not paid to be a good guy, he’s paid to coach his team to wins in the NFL, he just doesn’t do that period

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Please don’t take what I’m about to say as a defence for Dan I will never stick up for that guy ever

But maybe Ron is what Ron’s record in the NFL has always been, mainly losing seasons with Cam Newtons peak dragging him to a Superbowl

Ron’s a lovely guy, but ultimately he’s not paid to be a good guy, he’s paid to coach his team to wins in the NFL, he just doesn’t do that period

Very well said.  I like him very much, but I am frustrated with everything about this team.  

• Like 1

Ron does seem chill on the sidelines. A class act overall but do the players want a vocal leader screaming at refs or someone that just sits by waiting for challenges and presumably delegates most everything during the game to Turner and JDR? 

I know nerdsmakers say you HAVE to go for 2 when down 14 but how many times has that worked in NFL history?  I'd bet their stats don't factor in which is the better team injuries during the game some teams inability to score in the red zone and of course crappy play calling on that 2pt try. Yes I am still annoyed we ran the ball twice before the 2 minute warning down 2 scores.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Very well said.  I like him very much, but I am frustrated with everything about this team.  

It’s a tough spot as a fan of a team who likes the coach as a guy but wants their team to win, ultimately I’m on the cusp of wanting a change here, and I know I know we’ve done this a million times since Snyder has been here, but I would rather roll the dice on a Bienemy or somebody like that than have to watch the same issues in the same areas year in year out

Its early days in the season but we’ve just seen us play two of the poorest NFL offerings and look pretty abject

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I said in the last gameday thread that this team can't play 30 minutes of football like they did last season. I gave them praise for playing 45 minutes, now we're back to 30 minutes. What an embarrassing display of football. This team should be ashamed of themselves and I'm ashamed that I have to defend that play. All the while, NY and Dal won, the division is still too tight to not show up to games.

What do you have to defend, and why? They didn't play well. What's to defend? 

• Like 2

I get it , im as frustrated as anyone !  i believe JDR needs to go and maybe even Rivera..Im so tired of hearing the annoucers say the defensive front is the strenght of this team..Sweat has done absolutely nothing ! hes a huge bust in my book. players need to make plays! i think turners play calling in 1st half was horrible also!  The more i type the more upset i get , we need help, starts in the front office on down to the coaches!     

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, smooth said:

I get it , im as frustrated as anyone !  i believe JDR needs to go and maybe even Rivera..Im so tired of hearing the annoucers say the defensive front is the strenght of this team..Sweat has done absolutely nothing ! hes a huge bust in my book. players need to make plays! i think turners play calling in 1st half was horrible also!  The more i type the more upset i get , we need help, starts in the front office on down to the coaches!     

There’s nothing on this defense that’s a strength.

• Thanks 1